“Nice enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Arlington, Virginia
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I've stayed at this Marriott twice now. Overall, great place with great staff... This second time I left a shirt in the closet, called them and they are sending it to me without any trouble, excellent.

Only problem I have is the same as the last time. I specifically went up to the staff this time and said, "Please do not provide a paper bill under my door, just e-mail me my bill in the morning instead." Was told, "Absolutely." First thing the next morning, paper bill under my door, no e-mail. I work in IT security so the idea of having a sheet of paper with my full name and part of my credit card isn't something I am fond of. I requested the bill be shredded at the front desk, hopefully it was. When I got home later that day I had to call again to request an e-mailed bill. Luckily the girl I spoke to sent me a pdf within minutes. Why this has to take 3 requests and 2 phone calls, I'm not sure.

If I came back to the area, I'm sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We appreciate your business and your time. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Palatine, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Traveled here on business. Very nice looking hotel and great restaurant that we happily had some post-flight food at. The rooms were nice once you get to them, but you have to walk past multiple conference rooms that is a fairly long walk. My main concern was the walls - the block almost no noise. I'm really glad I knew the person into the next room because I could hear her moving around.

We moved to a different hotel the second trip in the month for a variety of reasons. Staff here was

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thanks for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with the staff. When the hotel was constructed the high energy niteclub was put off the lobby and the guest rooms located in the rear to be away from all of the noise. We apologize for the short walk but the premise was to ensure all customers a good nights rest. We appreciate your business and have a great day.
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The last leg of a long day was a flight from Chicago to Buffalo. I called the hotel for shuttle service which arrived 12 minutes later. The young man who was driving was exceptionally polite and helpful. When I arrived at the front desk, a little envelope with my name on it was already waiting. The room was immaculate. We were on the first floor - the ceilings are 10 feet.

A couple of items that would take "very good" to "excellent". I had forgotten to note the hotel's telephone number and it was nowhere to be found in the advertising in the baggage claim area. I called another Marriott that was advertised and they kindly transferred my call.

The walk from the front desk to the room was very lengthy - too lengthy

Room Tip: The first floor room was exceptionally quiet. I would never pay the rate advertised on their websit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We are glad you had the opportunity to experience the great service that the Buffalo Marriott can provide. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.
Elkton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott for business and had flown in. The Marriott provided transportation from the airport. Whenever we wanted to go to a restaurant, the drivers would drive us and the drivers were all so very nice. We had no problems checking in and the staff was professional.

The hotel lobby and restaurant were very nice and I understand it had been recently remodeled. They have a gym and indoor swimming pool which I did not use.

We stayed on the fourth floor. The room is small and the bathroom was really small and was clean. The beds have white comforters which I like because you can see they are clean.

The ice maker on this floor did not work. There are no safes in the rooms.

Room Tip: The hotel is far enough from the highway so we didn't hear the traffic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights, on a business trip. This is a standard business-oriented hotel, on the older side, and with typical amenities such as swimming pool and gym (but, if you are on a business trip, you may not care about swimming pool and gym).

Standard rooms, nothing really fancy, nothing really bad. Something really nice is that the air conditioning is not noisy, so you can sleep well. My room did not have a fridge with beverages to buy. There was a vending machine on the floor, but with a very limited choice. They may consider putting a better vending machine on each floor.

The hotel has a restaurant and a coffee place next to the lobby: I did not try the food, so I cannot judge.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter. Make sure you ask the price before diving into the breakfast buffet (can b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marriott-Mgt, Front Office Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay. I"m happy to hear that you slept well. All of the mini-bars in the guest rooms were taken out a few years ago. There are vending machines on several of the floors, and well as a lobby store which sell snacks & beverages.

We appreciate your time and comments. Have a great day.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is pretty good and has great staff. The breakfast crew is friendly, warm and professional but the really big surprise was the dinner that eight of us had at The Blue Flame restaurant. The meal was fabulous; three of us had the pan sautéed chicken which was one of the best chicken dishes ever. The other guests were equally blown away by their entrees.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We are so glad you had the opportunity to experience the Blue Fire bar and grille. Make sure you try the sweet potato tater tots! Have a great day.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

On my last stay, a prostitute knocked on my door and when I told her to go away, she -- or her pimp started pounding. When I complained to the manager, his response was, "there is prostitution at every hotel and we had 3 prostitution visits that night." So I am staying elsewhere in Buffalo. On a side note, the staff is super friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Marriott-Mgt, Front Office Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Mr.Lang. Thank you for your feedback which I will be sharing with our staff. We apologize for any inconvenience that you were caused. After speaking with the General Manager regarding this situation we offered to compensate you on your next visit. This offer still stands. Please contact me prior to your next arrival. Have a good day.

Been to Buffalo Marriott Niagara? Share your experiences!