“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Bowmanville, Canada
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed overnight on Sunday July 20/14.

Pros: Good location for shopping outlet malls and smaller centres
Close to Ontario border crossing
Very clean, quiet hotel
Decent breakfast is included
Rooms are small but comfortable
Friendly staff
Nice indoor pool area

Cons
No shears (for privacy) on windows
Lots of light comes in the room through poor fitting doors
Pillows are a little small
No pamphlets showing nearby shopping
No in room safe

Definitely would recommend this hotel for a quick weekend of shopping or quick getaway

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear DarellMc,

Thank you for being our recent guest at the Sleep Inn Buffalo/Amherst and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am glad to see that you would recommend our hotel for a shopping getaway! I am sorry that we do not have sheers on the windows of our rooms. All of the rooms do have the blackout drapes for extra privacy. We also have a lot of shopping information at the front desk and a rack of pamphlets in our business center area with local information. On your next visit our front desk staff would be more than happy to help show you this information. I also wanted to share with you that we are switching to a different type of pillow later on this year and I believe you will find this new pillow much more comfortable! Thank you, again, for your comments and feedback about your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Megan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Seaford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

For a moderately priced hotel, I found this hotel to be average. I would be unlikely to stay here again, though. Here are the "pros" and "cons" of this hotel, in my opinion and experience:
Pros: 1. The hotel is conveniently located to SUNY Buffalo University and SUNY State College. 2. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly (I had a complaint that my room smelled, and the situation was addressed immediately by an offer of a switch of rooms or to have the air deodorized with a machine; 3. Breakfast (including hot food such as sausages and eggs) was included with the price. 4. The hotel was clean 5. The neighborhood appeared safe. 6. The parking lot was sufficiently lit.
Cons: 1. My room had an unpleasant odor (like someone had smoked in it, although it was a non-smoking room). 2. The toilet/shower area was tiny. It was so small that a person who is particularly large or claustrophobic would probably feel uncomfortable in it. A wheelchair-bound person could not fit in it. 3. The toilet/shower area (which only had a stall shower) was separated from the sink area by a pocket door, which was awkward to use.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Andi55_13,

Thank you for taking time to write a detailed review of your stay at the Sleep Inn. I am very sorry about the unpleasant odor you experienced in your room. I hope that the ionizer machine helped to alleviate the smell for the remainder of your stay. We do have larger handicap accessible rooms on property for those who have special requirements for accessing the bathroom area. If these room types are not being used by guests that require the accessibility, they are a great option to reserve if you are looking for a little more space in the bathroom. We appreciate your kind words about our staff service, location, cleanliness, and breakfast. I do hope that you will reconsider giving us a second chance in the future. Thank you for being our guest!

Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I took my daughters on an over night shopping trip and since it was last minute we did not have many options that were reasonable prices. We stayed only one night at this hotel but were happy with it and would stay again. I will say that the double beds were by far the smallest I have ever slept in. I have a double at home and these were a lot smaller. The room was clean and bathroom very tiny. The breakfast was the standard choice hotel breakfast....it was more than acceptable. The only thing on that was that the staff was really slow at replenishing. The kids got in the pool for a little bit and it was a bit cold but they still had fun.

There are lots of restaurants and lots of shopping very close by. It's also very near the highway.

Overall, we will for sure pick this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you don't need 2 beds get a king room...the double beds are smaller than normal doubles.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Careylw,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Sleep Inn Buffalo/Amherst! We were glad to be your hotel of choice on your shopping weekend. I am sorry that you found the beds in your room to be on the small side. I know that many guests are accustomed to hotels having queen sized beds in their double rooms; however we only carry the double sized beds. I would also like to apologize that our breakfast attendant was slow at replenishing the breakfast. I will speak to the staff immediately to ensure that we are constantly filling and keeping all of our breakfast items at the proper levels. I hope you were able to enjoy all of the restaurants and shopping centers close by the hotel. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future!

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at the Sleep Inn during a shopping trip. My best friend is getting married and we were looking for a wedding dress. The front desk clerk was able to direct us to the nearest David's Bridal store...thank god otherwise we would have gotten lost for sure! The rooms were small but very clean and the breakfast in the morning was awesome! I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Gemma4949,

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your shopping trip to the Buffalo area! Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn Buffalo/Amherst, and for your 5 star rating! We are a great location close to many shops, including bridal stores. I hope your best friend found the perfect dress! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and the thoughtful comments on your stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future!

East Meadow, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have stayed here multiple times, and have been very pleased each time. The entire hotel is very clean and staff is super friendly and helpful. It is tucked away off the main road so it is very quiet and peaceful, even to sit outside and soak up some sun with my morning coffee. Very convenient to the University of Buffalo and a quick easy drive to Niagara Falls as well.

Rooms are not big but have all the room you need for a couple of nights stay. Pool is also small but clean and convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear CCCountry,

Thank you for your review of the Sleep Inn Buffalo/Amherst on TripAdvisor! We are grateful to be your favorite hotel in the Buffalo area and appreciate your business! It means a lot to hear your wonderful comments about our cleanliness and friendly staff. I also think our hotel location is peaceful and quiet and easy to get to all of the local attractions. Thank you once again for sharing your experience of the Sleep Inn. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Just returned after a 3 night stay and "awesome as always" great location, the best staff always make you feel "welcome", very clean and comfortable, love the fresh water all day long and the fresh cookies at night, Keep up the good work, see you again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Lori-Ann 1967,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our property! We are honored to have you as our loyal guest and be able to welcome you back time and time again! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. We appreciate your business!

Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Tucked away in Amherst, NY is the surprising Sleep Inn. We flew in late PM on the way back to Canada, and we booked a room at the Sleep Inn. Many of the reviews from Canadians about this property was quite positive so we thought we'd give it a try. We were delightfully surprised.

Room was clean. Beds comfortable. Staff courteous. Free breakfast, typical. Location, ideal for cross-border shoppers. Price, a winner compared to value received.

We'd requested a quiet, non-smoking room with extra towels. The staff gave us all that we asked for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Megan M, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Almoranis,

Thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your experience! I am glad we were able to be your stop on the way back to Canada and that you had a good night’s rest. Thank you for your compliments on the beds, staff, and free breakfast. I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future for a longer stay, perhaps for some cross boarder shopping! We appreciate your business and hope you have a wonderful day!

Megan

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!