“Very comfortable!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Amherst
Santee, South Carolina
“Very comfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Needed an office & the King room with micro/frig & roomy desk/office area was perfect. Pet Friendly at no charge has made us a very regular customer with our work. Room was modern, clean, a large. Only down side is no smoking rooms so my fiance had to go outside in the truck due to the cold cold weather. Others stood in doorway, but thats still smoking in the room! Plenty of plug ins was a plus too. Paper on your door each am. Here another 2 days & we will be back....!

Room Tip: If you need quiet...ask for a room away from the overnighters... lots of noise at night with coming...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write such a nice review about our property. I am so glad our Superior King room with the micro-fridge, large L-shaped work desk and in room coffee maker has fit your needs so well. We have gone 100% non-smoking since we went through our renovation which included new mattresses and box springs, new flooring, and furniture. I want to thank you for following the policy and smoking away from the room even in these frigid Buffalo,NY temperatures.

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in Buffalo for 2 nights to do some Christmas shopping and wanted an affordable place to stay. This place was perfect for us. We stayed in a newly renovated standard room (we used a coupon from a coupon book we got at the Denny’s nearby to get a further discount). The whole room was clean and up to date…laminate wood floor, flat screen, fresh coat of paint, new bathroom, sink and light fixtures, etc…. There’s also a safe u can opt to use but there is a small fee (about $2/night). The bed was big and comfortable and we didn’t hear any outside noises. The front staff was also courteous and friendly.

I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking to stay in a really nice, affordable room.

Room Tip: Used a coupon from a Buffalo coupon we got a Denny's to get a cheaper rate.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write such a detailed positive review. I could not have described our new rooms any better. The pictures of the rooms will help guests get a great idea of what the new rooms look like. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I knew nothing about the Red Roof Inn before. Normally I would be checking out the reviews on TripAdvisor but my friend made the reservation through HotWire and I trusted her judgment.

Since it was on the cheaper side, I assumed that it wasn't going to be the best experience. However, when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The receptionist Stephanie was very lovely even though we arrived late in the day. I found out the hotel recently did some renovations so I walked into a lovely room with two clean double beds with clean sheets and I could smell that new hard wood floor. Also found that wifi was offered free of charge in our rooms, a big like. Amherst was warm that weekend but there was an air conditioner with easy settings. Bathroom with clean towels, toilet and shower. Little lovely touches like electric outlets right beside the beds so I could charge my cellphone at night.

I will seriously consider the Red Roof Inn again if I'm coming back to Buffalo and perhaps use the chain hotel if I'm traveling elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the recently renovated rooms especially the extra outlets by the bed. Many of our guests have commented how great it is to be able to plug in your phone to charge and still have it by the bed at night. I am glad that your first impression of Red Roof Inn was so exceptional and we can't wait to see you again next time you are traveling.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were on a cross-country drive this past Summer from CA to Vermont
We arrived in Buffalo from Cleveland (where we also stayed in a RRI that was nice), and checked into our standard King, which was one of the updated ones. It was nice, clean, & then we went to Niagara Falls and off to dinner. As a native of NYC, it was nice to be back in my home state & stay in a nice, well run establishment. We stayed here again after our 10 days in Vermont headed back West. This time we got one of the ADA King rooms. Also newly remodeled with a great large bathroom. Would DEFINITELY stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone. Good job RRI Amherst/U Buffalo location!

• Stayed June 2012
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write such a nice review about our property. I appreciate that you mention that our rooms our recently renovated. Our recently renovated rooms have new mattresses, furniture, and flooring instead of carpet. One of the features our guests like the most are the extra outlets in the nightstand. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. They enjoy hearing such positive feedback about our property. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here in January. I was passing through and needed to catch a couple hours sleep before heading to my destination. They are in the process of renovating the hotel and I was given one of the finished rooms. It was beautiful. I was there mid day and there was still construction going on near my room but it was quiet enough for me to catch a few winks and be on my way feeling refreshed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a positive review about our property. Thank you for mentioning our newly renovated rooms. They have many different upgrades including extra oulets by the bed, new mattresses and box springs, new furniture, and new flooring. I am glad that although we are still under renovations the noise was not an issue during your stay. We do our best to be respectful of our guests during this renovation. Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked 3 rooms w/ 2 other couples for 1 night. Requested for rooms w/ microwave & ref as we had someone in our group on a strict celiac diet- hence eating out was not an option. All 3 rooms were handicap accessible- spacious, clean and well-equipped. Free wifi was great to have and so was the cable TV! The coffee maker came in handy the following morning for a quick perk ! The only thing we missed was a hair dryer.We will definitely recommend the place to anyone who wants value for their money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. I am glad we were able to accomadate your requests for three rooms. Thank you for mentioning our rooms are clean and spacious. I do want to mention that although we do not presently have hair dryers in all of our rooms we do have a supply of hair dryers available at the front desk. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again in the future.
Ajax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I needed to take an overnight to Buffalo and decided to book the Red Roof through Hotwire. I had stayed in a Red Roof in Michigan, and I also knew that they were highly rated by Consumer Reports Magazine. I was served quickly and with friendliness when I arrived. My room was clean and the heat worked - my top two priorities. The beds were comfortable and a nice touch was having a multiple power outlet in the nightstand between the two beds. I have to sleep with a Cpap and, between lamps and alarm clocks, there is not always an outlet near the bed. This was a welcome feature.

After going out, I came back to find that neither key worked, but they were quickly reprogrammed and all was good. I am not complaining, given how little I paid, but I did find the wireless internet to be very slow, but this is a minor issue. Overall, I would highly recommend the Red Roof to anyone looking for clean, no-frills accommodation with great service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our renovated room and the extra outlets that we now have in the rooms. Many of our guests have noticed how much the extra outlets come in handy. We are glad that you liked the new features of the rooms and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst? Share your experiences!