“Excellent Service, Room and Price” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Flint Road, Amherst, NY 14226   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service, Room and Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Real friendly staff who go out of there way to be helpful. Not a stuffed shirt kind of place but, has nice clean modern rooms and real reasonable rates. Location is close to everything so when I visit Buffalo again I will stay here.

Cheers,
JW

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at our inn and taking the time to write a review about our property. We appreciate that you mentioned our great staff, our clean rooms, and our good location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Buffalo area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This Red Roof Inn is ideally suited to cross border shopping. It is near Boulevard Mall and Walden Galleria, not to mention the Wal-Marts, Targets, Kohls, Sam's Club and other discount retailers. There are also plenty of restaurants to choose from, including the Olive Garden which no longer exists in Canada. Shopping discount coupons are pretty easy to come by for the area. The rooms are always clean and fresh and most have free wi-fi, bar fridges and micro-waves. The staff are really great, looking after your needs and requests in a timely manner. They make you feel welcome during all interactions. Overall, I find this Inn offers very good value and it is a pleasure to stay there during our shopping trips. The Red Roof loyalty program is also a plus.

Room Tip: I usually try to get a room on the ground floor in between the two buildings. It is easier to get th...
Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RRI104, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at our inn and writing a review about your stay with us. We really appreciate your kind words about our close proximity to the local attractions, our great staff, and our clean rooms. We enjoy hearing your comments about your stay. It goes along way in providing positive feedback for our employees and let's them know their hard work does not go unnoticed. We look forward to having you as our guest again next time you are in the area.
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was checked in by a very friendly staff - went to my roof (as reserved), unpacked a few items and then heard LOUD music from the room next door (thinking OH NO) - this was at 4 PM on a Saturday. I went for a 1/2 hour walk and came back to music still going on - asked the desk if I could be moved "just in case" - I was accomodatred with no question/hesitation - I did accept a regular room (had a king) but wanted to stay on first floor - as I type this, it is very queit, and the room and grounds are clean. So far, comfortable bed, free wifi, and good heat - I am really impressed with the service I received, and esp. happy since I am coming back in December. Hope the management rewards this young lady! (or at least appreciates her!)(oh, and she did give me a refund on the change in price from a King to regular!)
For those expecting the Marriot type accommodation, go next door but for the price, location and service, I can't picture anything better!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want - back rooms are a little quieter with less street traffic - rooms on the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Long Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Was clean and comfortable and the price could not be beat !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at the Red Roof in October and were very pleased with our room and the location of the hotel. We found the bed to be comfortable. Our room came with free wireless internet, free coffee and a fridge and microwave. This was very convenient for us when we returned to our room with leftovers from the restaurants nearby. The employees were all kind and helpful and the manager was really nice. It was located right near the University and close to highway entrances.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My family and I love to go cross border shopping - we have been staying at the Red Roof Inn University at Buffalo Amherst for over 15 years. The staff are always very welcoming and accomdating and do their best to help out however they can. The rooms are basic but clean, and comfortable - and you can't beat the price!!!! :-)

I came with my daughter for my birthday to stay for two nights - we had a small issue with our room not being as clean as the normal standards from what I have come to expect. The Manager Shawn was amazing - refunded our money for the entire stay for the inconvenience and further went out of his way by supplying us with a coupon to use during another time.

That's what I call going above and beyond the call of duty. I have stayed at many of the "high end" hotels in the area and will be the first to say - they are never so accomodating - Red Roof Inn treats you like a good friend, a part of their family ...a relationship that value and are committed to fostering for the long run.

We recently stayed the weekend of October 10 - my daughter left her wallet at the Canadian Side of the border at the duty free shop...I went to the RedRoof front desk advising of our problem - without any hesitation the front desk clerk (so sorry I did not have her name - she way AMAZING) contacted the Canadian Duty free shop to see if my daughter's wallet had be returned - it had - without a penny missing.....how's that for service!!!! Way to go REDROOF!!!! We will be back very soon.

Karyn Hawco

Room Tip: If shopping in Buffalo like alot of us Canadians love to do ...request a ground floor...easier to br...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I am attending Daemen College on the weekends and need to stay in Amherst on Friday nights. I thought this to be a great place to stay. It's clean enough and the king rooms that I stayed in had a great desk area with free wireless internet. The matress was so so but, hey, for the price I was paying it was to be expected. The service was great! A nice enough renovated place, good for a nights stay for a very reasonable rate. Great so far, until another student staying there got bitten by bed bugs. I saw her bites and her entire hand was bitten. If those things get into your clothing and you take them home with you and they then get into your house, it can cost a fortune to get rid of them. So to play it safe, I will no longer be staying there. Again, nothing against the rooms, the service - it was a great basic little hotel to stay at but the bed bugs will be keeping me away.

Room Tip: Now that bed bugs are involved, it cancels out any previous positive things or tips to give on the r...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our inn. We appreciate the many kind things you had to stay about our hotel.
Unfortunately someone you go to school with had an unpleasent experience at our inn. We are very sorry for that. We take every guest issue very seriously including the one from your classmate. We have immediately called our pest control company out to go through the room and treat the room if necessary. We have programs in place at our hotel to try and prevent such an occurance from happening. Unfortunately in their case we failed.
As stated in your review you have had pleasant stays here with both our cleanliness and our staff and I am sorry that you have chosen to stay elsewhere. We would enjoy the opportunity to provide you with the same great service you have recieved while staying at our hotel. We hope that you reconsider and stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst
Sleep Inn
#4 of 18 in Amherst
4.0 of 5 stars 212 reviews
Buffalo Marriott Niagara

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst? Share your experiences!