“Two more great visits” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Flint Road, Amherst, NY 14226 (Formerly Hotel Indigo Buffalo Amherst)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cobourg, Canada
“Two more great visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We used the hotel twice this March break as we were flying in and out of the Buffalo airport. As before, the staff on the reception desk were friendly and efficient, and looked after our booking quickly. Although the staff at the café are kept busy, they go about their work efficiently and politely. On one morning that we checked out they were very busy with a visiting sports team and could have used an extra person to handle all the tables. However, at no time was any one of them discourteous, despite some unpleasantness from a few dissatisfied customers. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. This is our first choice for a Buffalo airport hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello ReddOak,

Thank you for the nice review and for staying with us multiple times. I was glad to read that you use us for the Park, Sleep Fly program. We think its a great deal and it seems many of our friends up North like flying out of Buffalo because of the big savings compared to other Canadian Airports. I agree, our Café is always busy and we are always ready and willing to serve, no matter what our volume is. Thanks for noticing!

Hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels,

Tom Molenda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Weiterstadt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Located near the Buffalo/Niagara airport (15 min.), free parking, perfect check-in/out service (warm cockies), big rooms, free internet, "Starbucks Coffee" !!! for breakfast, good quality breakfast, good recommendations for dinner nearby, table with information brochures/maps for interesting sightseeing tours (unfortunately I could not join such a tour)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello Gerald F,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and some of our hotel amenities. Also thank you for choosing our hotel.

Safe Travels.

NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great people, friendly atmosphere and clean rooms. Only place I stay in Buffalo. Gotta love the warm chocolate chip cookies when you arive and pretty much any other time you want one. Very home away from home feeling. I would highly recommend. Buffalo isnt the greatest place to visit during the winter but this place makes it work

Hello Michael E D,

I never tire of reading reviews titled "Excellent". Thank you for all your kind words used to describe our facility and our team. We pride ourselves in satisfying each and every guest to this level. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Greenburg NY, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Hotel was in good shape, however, some areas of maintenance and housekeeping practices need improvements. Storage areas on resident floors were left open and you could see piles of garbage. The pool and jacuzzi had green water which was that way for our 4 day stay. The elevators were out of order almost every day. I didn't get a chocolate chip cookie on my check in. I only found out about this yesterday when I heard an interview with John Greenleaf on Fox Business News talking about the expansion of DoubleTree Hotels. The coffee shop and café/restaurant served very good quality food and service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Hi Dean C,

Thank you for submitting your review. I do apologize for both the pool issue and the elevator trouble. We have since rectified both the pool water quality by replacing a faulty part and the elevator being out of service due to a breaker problem. I would also like it if you could telephone me so I can Federal Express you a tin of our wonderful DoubleTree cookies. It is our goal and pledge to ensure each and every guest receives a cookie at check in.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

716.689.0015
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are big, clean and comfortable. I got a free upgrade. Restaurant is good and has good wine. Staff is friendly, my stay was quick and uneventful. Smooth checking and smooth checkout. Gym was good enough for a decent travel workout, clean, organized and good equipment, but it will be nice to change the TVs because you can't see them from every angle, they are old plasm as.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello MexKaz,

Thank you for submitting your review. I appreciated all the points in which you touched upon. I am also excited to let you know that we are in the design phase of our new fitness center and hope to be starting the renovation of that area very soon.

I hope you stop in on your next trip to Buffalo.

Pittsburgh, Pa., United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Hotel was a good looking place and seemed well taken care of with clean comfortable rooms, but the service people behind the counter seemed uncaring and had a "whatever" attitude. The hot tube and pool were closed, but the web site did not mention this.I thought that this was a big deal since i love to come back to my hotel after a busy day and sit in the hot tube, while enjoying a beverage....... My room was paid for by my corporation that i work for, but for some reason, my personal credit card was billed for my stay. Why the service person at the front desk changed the billing, is beyond my comprehension. I checked into my room at the same time that a co worker was checking in and i got asked for my credit card, but he wasn't asked for his. I explained to the young lady at the front desk that our rooms were already paid for, and she said my card would just be used for any incidentals... Imagine my surprise after i got home from my trip when i checked my bank account and found out that my card had been charged for my stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello Chuck F,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review. I was glad to hear you found our facility well taken care of, clean and comfortable. I do apologize for the pool and spa area being closed for maintenance during your stay as it is never our intension to inconvenience anyone during their stay.

Additionally, I would like to speak with you personally about the service and billing issues which you experienced with us, as I can assure you this is more of an anomaly then the norm here and I would like to take the necessary steps to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you again Chuck. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

tmolenda@harthotels.com
716.689.0015
Amherst, NY, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Clean, comfortable, good service. Good bed, lobby, internet access, etc..... Complimentary bottle of water in room would be nice and need higher wattage light bulbs at bathroom sink. Otherwise all is good for a business stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Hello Joseph H,

Thank you for submitting your review. You really covered all the bases and I appreciate you sharing with everyone.

We look forward to having you back on your next trip to Buffalo.

Safe Travels.

Tom Molenda

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst? Share your experiences!