“hotel stay 4/13” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Flint Road, Amherst, NY 14226 (Formerly Hotel Indigo Buffalo Amherst)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Amherst
albany, United States
“hotel stay 4/13”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice trendy hotel in a great location near SUNY Buffalo dental school. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, staff were friendly and attentive. My only concern was I saw 2 small bugs in the shower but didn't see them anywhere else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lyndeborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Every time (every 3 mo or so) that I travel to Buffalo I choose the Doubletree in Amherst. It is so convinent to get around. Great easy spots to eat outside the hotel and the food at the restaurant and cafe is reasonably priced, quick and the staff is great. This place is always top notch with it service and loyalty to its customers. I can't thank the staff at the cafe especially Krystal & Holli for always taking care of me in the AM with my coffee and snack. If you are in the area pick this hotel.

Room Tip: havent had a bad room yet so any room is great as it was a botique hotel at one point and Doubletree...
long island,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Warm welcome at check in and those awesome chocolate chip cookies! Every employee we had contact with had a smile and a hello. Hotel clean all around. Starbucks coffee. Evening cocktails. Pretty comfy! We always travel with our pillows from home and left them there by accident. Called and spoke with head of housekeeping and she mailed home to us-free of charge! That is what customer service is all about! Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Next to the University of Buffalo's main campus, this hotel has a great staff that makes you feel right at home, rooms are clean and space is adequate, gym is small but has the right equipment in good condition. Breakfast in the cafeteria is a bit chaotic when the hotel is busy but all in all the food is good at the right price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The first visit to this excellent Hotel exceeded expectations. I selected on the basis of a reccommendation, but Tom Molenda and his entire staff went long past duty to make every aspect of the visit pleasurable. Room was spacious but also warm & comfortable, the resturant & bar staff were tremendous, quick, and friendly, the food was perfect comfort food, and the Tuesday night Managers event was a wonderful surprise. My new home in Buffalo, and I very rarely offer an opinion, but you can't beat this location for service, value, and attitude.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello Patrick C,

Thank you for the wonderful review and for all the positive comments you chose to share with all the readers here. It was great meeting you at our complimentary Tuesday Managers Reception. I will be sure to share this and all our reviews with our team to help us stay focused on our daily mission of 100% guest satisfaction.

Look forward to seeing you hopefully next month.

Safe Travels.

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm a diamond preferred member of the HHonors chain, and lemme tell ya- I've stayed in my fair share of Doubletrees. But not like this one. Doubletree is my favorite out of all the Hilton brands. It was...not like any other Doubletree I've ever been in. The rooms were ok, but there was no carpet. Which was...strange. Especially since it wasn't really seasonably warm. Also, the bathroom was SMALL. The counter space was non-existent, and the shower was kind of strange. It was a 3/4 bath, so no tub, and the shower was longer than the shower curtain so there was a partial glass wall at the far end. This was a business trip, so other than it being in my company's price range, I wasn't worried about the price overly much. However, the bed was super comfy. The restaurant was smaller than other doubletree restaurants, but the servers were friendly and helpful. If you're looking for a hotel with larger bathrooms or counterspace (ladies, I'm looking at you, here) this place isn't for you. Otherwise, it's not bad.

Hi nprjunky,

Let me begin by thanking you for being a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, we value your status and appreciate your business. Yes, I will agree that our DoubleTree by Hilton is slightly different, our hardwood floors and tiles are different than the traditional carpet, however we and our guests find the rooms to have a cleaner and fresher feel to them as compared to carpeting. As far as the room sizes are concerened may I suggest requesting an executive room for your next booking as these room types are in fact larger than a standard room. I am guessing that you were not upgraded to an executive room or even a suite as we were most likely sold out, so I apologize for this, as we always try and upgrade all of our Diamond Members when our available inventory allows us.

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed our beds, and our helpful service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is a wonderful place and well laid out. The staff shows what customer service is all about and the food was excellent at any hour of the day. For the pricepoint, I would choose to stay here versus other hotels in the area at similar amounts.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello Hilton Traveler,

Thank you for the nice review. We pride ourselves on the areas in which you pointed out with service and amenities. We are glad you chose our hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

Safe Travels,

Tom Molenda

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst? Share your experiences!