“Staff is very friendly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Flint Road, Amherst, NY 14226 (Formerly Hotel Indigo Buffalo Amherst)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Amherst
“Staff is very friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been at the Doubletree for 8 days for business and I'm checking out tomorrow. I'm from the south and I dread traveling up north during this time of year but the staff has been simply amazing, especially Holly and Brandy! When I'm too cold to go out for dinner, I just go downstairs and eat at the bar and those two have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome! Plus the rooms are warm and cozy!

• Stayed February 2013

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here when attending an event at the University at Buffalo. The hotel is right across the street. The rooms were large and I liked the hardwood floors. The beds were great and of course you received a warm cookie at checkin. There is a small bar in the lobby and a place for a quick breakfast as well. Overall a nice place with nice people working there.

• Stayed February 2013
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hi NYtraveler1234,

I hope your UB event went well! Thank you for the nice review and for pointing out the areas of the property and services you liked and appreciated.

Please stop by and see us again on your next trip to Buffalo.

Safe Travels.

Tom
Port Dover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for many stops and park our vehicle to fly out next morning for a cruise or a southern city.When I booked this on line Jan .25 it had some how inavertently put us in the downtown hotel .They help straighten it so we could stay there thanks to Bryanne at Amherst and Randy at the Buffalo hotel .When we got back Feb 9 our car battery was dead Jason and Rob help uncover the car and worked to get it started while Bryanne helped and. supplied cookies to my wife and me.Thnks so very much.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great but I prefer the upper floors
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Harry G,

Sorry about the confusion between the two hotels and I am pleased to hear both our teams stepped up to make sure you were satisfied. Its always good to hear when we accomplish our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

I also wanted to thank you for mentioning the Park, Sleep, and Fly Services. It really is a great deal and I am glad you thought of our hotel when booking.

Have a great day!

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Visit monthly. Brandi always remembers what I drink and engages in conversation. I travel a lot and she knows how to make her guests comfortable. She always has great recommendations and has turned me on to area restaurants. Thanks!

Hello Bob R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Brandi certainly is very personable and treats our hotel guests like guests in her home. She is truly an asset to our operation and we realize it.

I will make ceratin to congratulate her on her superior level of guest service.

Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very clean and well maintained property. The staff is very polite and seem to enjoy what they do. Diane is exceptionally good at her job. She has setup and maintained several of our business events and always makes everyone enjoy them. She is very prompt at the room service orders and makes my trips away from home very pleasent. Holly is a great bartender and is joy to visit with every time I have stayed here. Robert is a great chef and his food is always nice to look at and even tastes better. The food comes out of the kitchen very quickly and is always exactly how I ordered it. The staff here really makes this the only place I will stay in the Buffalo area. Thanks - Richard S

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
Hi Richard,

Thank you for submitting your review and for a great review title. Both Diana and Holly are true guest service professionals and I will personally reward them for them for always meeting or exceeding our guest expectations.

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our stay was great and you should know how cheerful and polite Krystal and Carrie where to us made us feel at home.These two girls should be rewarded for their non stop rushing to make sure everyone was served as fast as possible .Can't wait for our return trip to see them

Room Tip: a great place to stay and park your car if flying out of Buffalo
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Madelyn,

Yes, I agree! These two ladies are top notch and work very well together as a team. I apprecaite you sharing your experience with the millions of people who read these reviews.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been stuck in Buffalo for three days due to a snow storm. The staff at the hotel has gone above and beyond to make sure my stay has been a pleasant one, especially Krystal who works in the restaurant. She is probably one of the most pleasant and competent people I have encountered in my 22 years of working on the road.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for the nice review, and sorry to hear you were stuck here. I'm certain it was not our airport as we are pretty good at moving snow around. I appreciate you mentioning Krystal by name and I will most certainly reward her for all of her efforts as you being a veteran traveler you must see a lot of good and not so good.

Safe Travels,

A Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton CARE Community

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst? Share your experiences!