You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Flint Road, Amherst, NY 14226 (Formerly Hotel Indigo Buffalo Amherst)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The customer service at this hotel is not Hilton quality. I picked this hotel and booked two rooms here because of Doubletree cookies. I was disappointed at the attitude of the woman working at the front desk. I didn't get her name and I wish I had. She acted annoyed that we were requesting some cookies in the morning as we were checking out. I've stayed at Hilton Doubletree In Orlando and they've never been stingy about their cookies. While she did give us the cookies, her attitude was not friendly. I wouldn't stay here again. I gave the hotel three stars because housekeeping was very friendly and the people over at the coffee shop/convenience store were okay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
B_Aliyyah,

Please allow me to begin with a heart felt apology. We work everyday at being at our best....everyday and simply put, we have failed to provide our best, based on the content of this review. I have had two recent reviews which have touched on indifferent service issues with this component of our service culture. I am working diligently at trying to determine those involved in these fractures in order to make our facility better through coach and counseling and better guest service training.

If I may trouble you to contact me directly so I can gather more information from you. I would also like to obtain an address so I can ship to you a canister of our wonderful cookies.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

tmolenda@harthotels.com
716.689.0015
A Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton CARE Committee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I believe it was called the Ink and hilton has given it a new life.
We were really pleasantly surprised, from the delicious welcome service, courteous staff and very clean room to the small lobby cafe. Hilton has left no stone unturned.
We will definitely be coming back...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello Taxidiataltys,

Thank you for submitting your review. We are truly glad you appreciated our new look, clean rooms, and our levels of service. I also liked the title of your review.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to having you back soon.

Safe Travels,

A Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton CARE Community
Maple, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked this supposed DoubleTree for family on their bi-yearly visit to Amherst instead of the Marriott across the street based on the excellent location in the area and the Hilton branding. They had horrible experience with service, room and consistency.

1- HHonors Gold member was denied benefits! lied to by Front Desk that they "Only extend benefits to HH Diamonds at this time as we are new to the brand!" (!?)

2- Discovered yellow/brown stains on bed sheets. Asked Front Desk to get this changed ASAP. Room is serviced, however sheets are never changed! Another two calls before they do so. No apology whatsoever at all. Condescending, arrogant staff at Front Desk.

3- Noisy, old air con. Stained carpets and old furniture, all left overs of the Hotel Indigo it once was (or still feels like it is!)

4- The chef at the restaurant is an absolute idiot. Argues with guests, walks around with unkempt uniform and seems like he's generally always in a bad mood! Definitely the wrong line of work. Reading the older reviews of this property, I see this isn't the first time someone noticed this.

5- Sent email to the GM (Who seems very active responding to positive reviews here!) and the AGM giving them feedback and asking them to make their wrongs right, never heard a peep from either. I guess too bad for them, had a chance to make a bad situation good with a proper, timely response.

Thankfully Hilton Corporate is far more responsive and once contacted, stepped in and salvaged a very poor experience by making things right. I really hope they will bill this hotel for it!

The Marriott across the street is a far better choice. Even if you are a Hilton loyalist, this is definitely anything BUT a real DoubleTree. It's merely a conversion of a mediocre Hotel Indigo to a DoubleTree but in reality it shouldn't have even be considered for a Hamton Inn...

I'm willing to be this is probably the worst performing DoubleTree in the entire system, judging from what I heard from Hilton Corporate.

To sum it up:

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst: Bad
Hilton Corporate Customer Relations: Excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Payam81,

Thank you for providing your feedback to us. I would like to apologize up front for what appears to be a very troubling stay for you and your family members.

I am going to contact Hilton to determine your contact information so I can reach out to you personally to discuss in detail each and every issue you had from your hotel stay to non reply's to emails.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

A Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton CARE Community
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is modern and always clean. Everyone who works here is extremely nice and very helpful. Thanks to the friendly people behind the desk, especially to Kristen, Mary Beth and Elizabeth for making my stay excellent every time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi HB,

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciated your review title and am glad you shared your comments on consistency. I will personally follow up with those mentioned to congratulate them for there continued efforts in providing exceptional guest service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we will always strive for an even better tomorrow.

A Proud Member of the DoubleTree Community
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Since my last review, which was not as nice, I have stayed again. The room I had the first time was not that great, but the other rooms I stayed in since then have been in much better shape. The staff was the best part of the hotel. They were upgrading facilities while I was there...mostly to tone down the ugly decor of Indigo and convert to a nicer Doubletree style. Top it off... they sent me a holiday card for my loyalty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hello DJR311,

Thank you first off for the review, and also for giving us another chance. It is usually somewhat difficult during a renovation process to show in the best light, we are glad we are past that, and I am appreciative for the nice comments and for giving us another try.

I hope you enjoyed the card.

Safe Travels,

A Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton C.A.R.E. Community
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel between Christmas and New Year for shopping/pleasure. Even though the rooms were uncarpeted, we did not note any noise from the floor above. (There was occasional noise from the hallway.) The room seemed clean, the exercise room was in good shape and the staff was friendly. (They went immediatly to get more towels for the pool when they were informed that more towels were needed.) In addition, their cookies taste great! (I had another cookie when I stopped by the desk later in our stay.)

Room Tip: We liked the fridge in the room to hold items we picked up for an in-room breakfast. (Not all rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Tennis fan145,

Yes, I agree with you on the cookie comment! Thank you for your time in writing the review. I am always pleased when I read good things about our hotel and especially our service culture.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

S Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton C.A.R.E. Community
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

we stayed here for Thanksgiving weekend in November, we were impressed......very friendly front desk and cleaning staff and the room was clean and nice really like that there was no carpet in the room!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Patricia,

It's always good to hear from our Friends up North! Thank you for the nice review and for pointing out the friendliness level of our team. We strive daily to reach these levels and are proud to read reviews like this.

Thank you again.

Tom Molenda
Proud Member of the DoubleTree by Hilton C.A.R.E. Community.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst? Share your experiences!