“Great choice if you can afford it” 5 of 5 stars

AAA & CAA Members Save!
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great choice if you can afford it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Everything is really great with this hotel. I have only stayed a couple of times as it always seems out of my price range. But if you can afford it, you will not be disappointed.

The lobby area is really comfortable, makes you just want to sit and chill out for a while. The service is friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is really nice (could have been a little warmer) and the excercise room was good. I loved the breakfast, made a really good excuse to hang out in the lobby area, and the coffee didn't suck.

I loved the room, clean, spacious, well appointed.... didn't want to leave. All in all a fantastic place to stay.... again, if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Come early so you can spend more time here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Paul C,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank You for taking the time to share your opinion with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a wondeful summer!

Melisa Syro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Akron, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm glad my family was able to save time and money by staying in the same suite. We looked at other hotels and would've gotten two rooms. The bathroom area was nice one person could brush their teeth while the other showered. I also liked that the hotel tries to save resources.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

In all, a nice hotel with amazing breakfast (I was very pleased with the choices) and big rooms. The staff is nice and hotel looks nice and is well kept. The only drawback? I wish the pull out bed was a bit more comfortable. It was really flimsy and could not even accommodate 2 adults comfortable. In all, a nice hotel to stay.

Do go for this hotel if you have a knack for breakfast. They have a good selection than other similar hotel chains.

Room Tip: Get a corner room incase available, they are bigger.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear AnujaK,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great location to all shopping and Duff's wings. Pool is very good, clean. Towels at pool small so bring from room. Breakfast in am is good. Staff very friendly. Great to have efficiency in room. Wifi very strong

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Michael G,

Thank You for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appriciate the nice review and we hope you will choose us again the next time you come to Buffalo!

Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife, infant son and I stayed here in February during a trip to see family and friends in the Buffalo area. We stayed here for 2 nights and the stay was flawless. Fast and convenient check in, plenty of parking, and the parking lot had been completely cleared of all snow and ice. We did not partake in the free breakfast but there were plenty of people that did, and from the sounds of it, they were all enjoying it. The room was quite large, as it was a suite and had a full kitchen, pots, pans, the whole 9 yards. This was my first stay at a Homewood but I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank You for staying with us and saying such nice things ! I am glad to her we made an impression since you stayed with us 6 months ago!!! We appreciate the great rating and mentioning that the staff! We look forward to seeing you when you again when your travels bring you back to Buffalo.

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very good facility. I always try to stay at Homewood Suites when I travel. I used to be a customer of Marriott Residence Inn but Homewood Suites has surpassed Marriott in every way. Excellent dinner and breakfast service and food quality as well as very good fitness center. I have not had any issues with any of my stays at Homewood Suites in the past 18 months. Would recommend to all my friends and business associates.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bradley L,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

SETTING/BUILDING:
Building is well maintained and clean: actual proof, when I saw the lobby bathroom messy came back and it was cleaned. Design isn't modern or contemporary like I prefer but it is a nice victorian setting that made me feel like royalty. Near a mall and shopping plazas

AMENITIES:
The best I've experienced so far. Has pool, basketball court, and BBQ grills in the court yard. Gym is ok. Complimentary breakfast and dinner amazing! Food was excellent, breakfast wasn't typical waffle maker, cereal, etc. They have that plus actual cooked dishes like scrambled eggs, hash browns, etc. The rooms are fully furnished with actual kitchen. They have fold out sofa beds also.

SERVICE:
Excellent! When I booked I needed early check-in but they were fully occupied. Without a doubt though, the Manager Melissa S. was cordial explained to me the situation and accommodated me by getting a room available ASAP. Walked in @ 7:30am to check in got into my room by 9am all while I sat and waited by eating breakfast. Even better once the room was ready Melissa came directly to me to let me know that my room was ready which tells me that I definitely was cared about and that they pay attention to their guest cause I walked back in without letting them know that I was going to wait in the lounge. Workers were cordial as well by simply greeting and saying hi even when just walked through the halls.

OVERALL:
Best quality for your dollar. Hotel might be priced higher than others but that small extra goes a long way. FYI I am a frequent traveler and pretty tough on reviews but as you can obviously see this hotel actually managed to satisfy me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Orin A,

Thank You for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I truly appreciate the time you took to do it. It was my pleasure making sure you had an enjoyable stay. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Buffalo in the future! Thanks again for the great review!

Melisa Syro

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Amherst? Share your experiences!