“Easily the best pizza I've ever had.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 113 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Pizza
Los Angeles, California
“Easily the best pizza I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I travel a lot for work and fun, and pizza is probably my favourite food. I learned of this place through my work - we sell food ingredients. One of the salespeople told me I needed to try this pizza. He said it was amazing.

After taking that first bite, I was upset that I had wasted 27 years of my life not ordering from Leonardis.

It's a take-out pizza place that's only open for dinner during the week and at noon on weekends. It's nothing fancy, but it is amazing. Stop what you're doing and head over.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Highland, CA
“Best Pizza in Buffalo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I grew up near Buffalo in the 70's & remember the place on Bailey, This new location still serves up pies just as good if not better than the original location.In May of 2010 I was back in Buffalo for two weeks on vacation, sans wife. While there I ate pizza almost every single day from a different pizzeria or restaurant in the Buffalo area, along with my adult niece & her husband. Leonardi's won our 2 week taste test hands down. Nobody was even a close second. We drove out to Angola one day to include Evangola Pizza in our taste test because Evangola had always been so darn good in the past, but unfortunately when we arrived we found out that Evangola Pizza had closed up over the winter. So we drove down the road to Maria's, but we all agreed that their pizza is just middle of the road. At Leonardi's, the dough was thick, chewy, and made with yeast, not baking powder. The sauce is wonderfully balanced with garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and bay leaves. The cheese is whole milk mozzarella, none of that wimpy part skim low fat schtuff that turns to hot rubber, And lastly, the pepperoni which is the stereotypical Buffalo style: about the size of a quarter in diameter, thick sliced to showcase it's flavor, and the edges curl up & burn ever so slightly, creating a small cup to contain the oils from the sausage. Not sure if it's Margherita or Hormel, but the flavor of the pepperoni is delicious! Leonardi's may cost slightly more than a typical pizzeria pie, but due to the thick crust & very generous toppings, you're getting a great value for your money as well as the best pizza pie in Buffalo.

• Visited May 2010