“Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Albany, New York
“Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

There is a large bar and plenty of booths and tables. We were here during lunch and I was surprised to see that there was only one waitress, but she was friendly and quite efficient. There were lots of choices on the menu, I went with a philly steak and it came with onions, peppers and mushrooms. It was comparable to most philly's I've had, which was surprising because the menu really touted their slow cooked beef so I hoped it may have been a little more flavorful. The waffle fries were really good.

The prices were decent, and the location is convenient. I would return if I were in the area again.

Visited January 2013

Rochester, New York
1,525 reviews 1,525 reviews
1,001 restaurant reviews
“Convenient and pretty good, although not fast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stopped into MacGregor's on the way to Niagara Falls this past week, as it was fairly cloe to the Route 190/Millersport Road exit. The place is large, clean, and can accommodate a large crowd. The inside of the restaurant is a nice mix of tables and booths, with a significant bar area. I believe that the "late night" crowd turns into a lot more bar business than restaurant, but we were there fairly early in the day.

The menu offers a fairly large variety of bar-type food, with an array of sandwiches, salads, wings, and such. They also had a dinner entree section for those visiting later in the day. My own salad was an ahi tuna salad with a citrus dressing that was really pretty good. My only suggestion for improvement (as I often recommend) is that they try something else besides 100% iceberg lettuce, (how boring!) for their salads. However, despite my remark about the lettce, the meal was actually pretty good. My vegetarian teenager found a tasty veggie burger, (although I consider the expression "tasty veggie burger" to be a bit of an oxymoron!), so that was nice too.

Other items worth mentioning; both the food prices and the service were good. We had a very friendly waitress, and the prices were quite moderate for the type and quality of the food served.

The only down point about this place was the length of wait for the meal. From the time we ordered until the time the meal was delivered was quite a wait, considering the restaurant was fairly empty, and I had to ask the waitress to check on our meal. It wasn't obnoxiously long, but it was longer than most people who are "on the road" for a destination would like to wait.

All in all, this was a nice place to stop for good food, and I would return.

• Visited December 2012