“ABSOLUTE FILTH” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boulevard Inn

You added Boulevard Inn to your Saves list
Boulevard Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   785 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Amherst, NY 14226 (Formerly University Manor Motel)   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Buffalo, New York
“ABSOLUTE FILTH”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The room was horrible. A/C did not cool and looked like the front was melted,carpet was wet and super musty, Curtain above A/C was tucked under open window so it would not cover A/C, Bathroom was pure filthy disgusting horror. There was mold in shower and the light above was painted with green paint so darken so you would not see the mold and mildew, Dead bugs and trash in window ledge, dead bugs by toilet paper,toilet did not flush, and and let us not forget the blood on the door by the handle. The safe in the entry closet area was ripped almost all the way out of the wall. Asked for refund within 30 mins of arrival so we could go to another hotel and refund was refused. One ruined anniversary courtesy of Boulevard Inn.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Clymer, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

When I made my reservations I had requested a non-smoking room and they apparently did not have any so gave me a smoking room. I noticed on my bill that it said smoking so I instantly called, the clerk reassured me that I would not have any problems what so ever. When I entered the room there was an overpowering smell of some crude smell and in a matter of 15-20 mins I was in the room ALL of my personal belongings smelled outrageously bad. I then went to set my belongings on the bed and noticed a stain. When I looked closer it was blood and I proceeded to look at the rest of the comforter and it was splattered all over. I requested a new comforter. I could not stand the smell of the room and the thought of sleeping in an unclean environment was not appealing. I went to the clerk and asked for a refund and they refused. I asked for a manager and he said I would have to call back between 9am-11am. I emailed the owner and asked for him to call me when he arrived. I waited and never herd anything so I gave him a call. He proceeded to yell at me and tell me I was lying about everything and that the stain was probably koolaid and he would have to look at it. Regardless there should have never been dirty sheets on a bed that they were renting out. I have pictures of the comforter and everyone that has seen them says there is no way that it was koolaid. The gentlemen that was working on Saturday also gave all of my personal information out to an individual that I had try to talk to him I did not authorize any of this and to my knowledge that is against the law to give away my social security number credit card number and my signature. Something needs to be done about the poor service and so no other individuals get scammed the way I did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
managerAmherst_NY, General Manager at Boulevard Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I am sorry this guest was not happy with her accommodations. She booked a smoking room, as that is all that was available and was informed of this when she made the reservation. The comforter should have been changed prior to her arrival, however, as soon as she brought this to our attention, it was immediately changed. She checked out after a considerable amount of time in the room. The reason she gave was she didn't feel safe. We are located in a good and very safe suburb of Buffalo. There has never been an incident with any guest's safety during the 7 years I have been here.
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's the kind of place you want to sleep fully dressed. There were lots of bugs and debris on the sheets, and they were worn and looked dirty. The walls had dirt on them - so much so I didn't want unplug anything in to charge my cell phone. Beds were very old and stiff. My expectations were not high - I just wanted a clean room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I wish I would have read the reviews first ...we rented a jacuzzi room ..at first it seemed OK. But here it is short and nasty the room reeked of cat urine mold on shower curtain carpet frayed dresser in very poor condition ...I am. Calling the health deptmartment in the morning run from this place we should have slept in the car

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

When arriving at this hotel with my mother, fiancé and myself we were delighted to see how we'll the outside looked. When we got into the room we saw that the refrigerator had not been cleaned, there were cob webs and bugs on the floor. However what really was disturbing was the shower. Inside the shower there was a lot of hair and shavings when explaining and even showing the "general manager" this he said "oh yea, I can clean this up for if you would like" When asked for a refund he said " you have been in the room too long" (5 minutes) "if you would have walked in and walked back out I would be able to" when asked to speak to the owner he says "I can not tell you that information."

I am not one to complain, I am a Social Worker with a clinical therapy license. I would not recommend this place to anyone! Please be weary about booking a room here! Go some place else I will post pictures of the hair in the bathroom and the refrigerator at a later time. Also calling better business bureau.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The price was good, though I had to book online for best rate
Clean room with friendly service, but by time I got back in the afternoon my non smoking room smelled of smoke.
New carpet was good.
The air conditioner was very cold (i liked this) but was not constant and loud- needs to be upgraded.
Enough towels but had holes (so did the sheets)- need new ones.
Need a towel bar near the shower, I had to put mine across the bathroom or in the sink.
Sufficient lighting but yellow builds kept a dark feeling.

• Stayed September 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

From the outside, the Boulevard Inn has a somewhat charming appearance. The room we were given had holes in the bathroom door (a new door is on order, we were told), a broken faucet handle, poor draining in shower, cigarette burns in hotel linen, moth holes in curtains, falling window blinds that we had to rig to keep up, an empty coke can underneath one of the beds, etc. But, it was a late check in and we stayed one night so it served its purpose.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#15 of 18 in Amherst
3.0 of 5 stars 53 reviews

Been to Boulevard Inn? Share your experiences!