“Great deal” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5000 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226   |
Amherst
“Great deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is a great deal, and right next to Buffalo. The rooms were a good size, very clean, and plenty of hot water, and service was great. The free breakfast was a big bonus. It's a great hotel for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Julie D, Manager at Lord Amherst Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Susan D,

Thank you for staying with us. We take much pride in the value that we have to offer our guests, so it is so lovely to hear that you enjoyed your time here!

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on tripadvisor, and hope to see you soon!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My late husband and I stayed in the Lord Amherst in the past. I knew it was a nice motel, but I kind of forgot how nice it really was. On this trip to Buffalo, my niece and I were there for a wedding.

Arriving at 9 pm on a Wednesday. we were greeted by a most gracious young man at the desk. He immediately joked around with us and that was welcomed because we were REALLY tired. He informed us that he had upgraded our room -- at no charge to us. Wow, that was nice!

Our room was clean, warm, and very welcoming. Our four night stay in Buffalo (my home town I might add) was so enjoyable. It was so close to everything we needed to do. The price was extremely reasonable and I will not hesitate to return to the Lord Amherst in the future.

If I have any complaint, it was the exercise room. My niece did not care for it.

Room Tip: Our king size bed was so very comfortable. Room 120 was in the back corner.... was quiet and wonder...
Crosby, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed the Lord Amherst Feb 13-Mar 13, 2013. Bruce and his staff are wonderful. We stayed in the two bedroom apartment and it was perfect. Front desk, house keeping, maintenance are very receptive and ever so helpful. Continental breakfast is very good and staffed by a very nice lady. We have stayed here before and have always been treated like family. This is a must stay and we will be back. Great hotel run by great people. Dovie and Jack Sorensen, Crosby, Texas

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during a wrestling match. We got a connecting room. Like everyone has said: The hotel WAS older but very clean. Staff very friiendly. There were many families staying there and it was pretty sound proof. Beds were older but comfortable. Breakfest waffles were really good. I would stay there again if I were in the area. A much more affordable option than a big chain hotel that you pay double the rate and get the same thing.

Webster NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here overnight on 2/22 for a concert in Buffalo. We were very pleased by what we saw when we walked into the lobby as it had the look of an older but very well kept place with a large lobby with plenty of seating and a fireplace going. When we got to our room we found it to be plenty large enough, in spotless condition but needing a little updating on the furnishing, maybe. However, the king sized bed was very comfortable and my wife loved the great shower.

Room Tip: Outside perimeter rooms had inside hall doorways so no cold air admittance. Inside rooms had both ou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie D, Manager at Lord Amherst Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Kevin,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel, and taking the time do do a review. We take so much pride in providing a great experience for our guests, so hearing how much you enjoyed things like our cozy lobby and spacious rooms is great! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon!

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a court deposition in Buffalo, got in the night before to find the front desk unreceptive
Room was one of the worst I've been in, not the worst, but not worth over $40 a night even with the location. Bed was like a rock with a hole cut out in the center where other persons had left their imprint on the mattress in the decades of use. Shower was dirty and carpet had food crumbs left on it.

• Stayed November 2012
Julie D, Manager at Lord Amherst Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear NukedNative,

I am apologizing on behalf of our entire staff for the experience that you had when you stayed with us. I will completely agree, an unreceptive front desk and crumbs (or any remnants of a past stay) in your room are totally unacceptable. I am so disappointed that you had that glimpse, as this is most certainly the exception rather than the rule. We pride ourselves on being attentive and keeping our rooms pristine. I only wish you would have reached out to me or our staff sooner so I had an opportunity to rectify the situation. Had I known that this is what you experienced, I certainly would have taken care of the situation, and would have loved to use your unfortunate circumstance as a serious learning tool for all staff, especially those you encountered during our stay. I will be sharing this with my management team and ownership in order to make sure to prevent anyone else from having such an experience in the future.

I would be more than happy to speak with you personally. If you wish to further discuss the situation, please call me at 716-839-2200 or you can e-mail at sales@lordamherst.com

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked this motel for two nights while visiting Williamsville for a funeral. Check in and checkout staff very friendly and helpful. Room was very large with a king bed and two sinks (one in bathroom and one out) which was very convenient. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. This is a classic motel - it needs updating, but we enjoyed being back in the good old days and having the convenience of parking our car next to our room and direct access to the outside from our room. The price was fantastic $62.00/night). When returning to Williamsville, we will stay here again

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor so you direct access to the outside and your car.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lord Amherst Hotel? Share your experiences!