“BLAST FROM THE PAST” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5000 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226   |
Ansonia, Connecticut
“BLAST FROM THE PAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

WE LOVED IT.If you are looking for a super modern updated motel keep on going. We loved it here as it was clean,comfortable, warm and charming. Our visit was Christmas eve day and Christmas day as we were visiting family near by. Honestly, we chose it at first for how inexpensive it was when we booked it on line thinking we would only be sleeping there. When we arrived and entered the lobby the girl who greeted and took care of us was very sweet and informative, There was a beautifully decorated large Christmas tree there in the lobby and Christmas decorations. Our room was spacious yet warm and cozy. Both mornings we had a light breakfast, before we headed out, that is set up in the lobby & was included in the cost of our room. We were there early (6;30am) and the woman who set it all up was so sweet & friendly. Other people must have felt like we did as each morning when we left the motel there were a lot of cars in the parking lot. We will definitely return : )

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
TORONTO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good value. For the same price and category of motel, it is better than average. We like the friendly staff. Especially the lady at the breakfast making yummy waffle for us. They have a wide selection of breakfast foods, instant oat meal, cereals, fruit(apples, bananas and oranges), apple and orange juice, milk, bread(wheat and white), bagels, danish. Nice settings for the breakfast lounge. We enjoyed the big Christmas Tree with all sorts of ornaments on it. King size room is huge. With 2 sinks, one in the washroom the other outside the washroom.

Even though the decor is outdated, everything else was good. Definitely convenient location right off the highway.

Book directly with the hotel rather than any other hotel booking website will give you the best rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I would return again!!!! Room was clean and stay was great. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Hotel was comfortable and breakfast was okay. It was a little limited but can't complain as it was included with the room.

Room Tip: Rooms little dated but very clean
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Julie D, Manager at Lord Amherst Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear HBuss,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon.

Julie DeMay
Guest Service Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Excellent place to stay. I stayed with my wife and 1 year old son in this hotel and I was amaze about the service and cleanliness of the hotel. It is very old but well preseved and offer a very good conplementary breakfast. I will recomend it 100%.

• Stayed November 2012
Parry Sound, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was flyng out of Buffalo Airport early one morning and was driving down from Canada so I decided to stay at a local hotel nearby and picked The Lord Amherst online. Booking was easy but I wanted to find out if I could leave my car at the hotel while I was away for a week. My email was responded to promptly and they provided all the information I needed and yes, I could leave my vehicle there at no charge. I was greeted efficiently and given information about local restaurants. My room had been upgraded from my original reservation and ended with a larger room than anticipated. It is an older hotel which could use some upgrading but I was comfortable and the price was fine. I opted for the restaurant on the property but not operated by the hotel. I forget the name but the food was good and the patio was a great place to dine (it was September and very warm!)
I would certainly return if I was doing the same trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Julie D, Manager at Lord Amherst Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Mike D,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are striving to provide our guests with wonderful visits, and I hope we get the chance to provide you with an even better experience again.

Hope to see you again soon,

Julie DeMay
Guest Service Manager
OAK LAWN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Lord Amherst Hotel. It was a great value and had an amazing location. I know people have commented that it looks a little outdated, and perhaps it does, but that doesn't bother me. What I want from a hotel is a clean, comfortable place to sleep, and the Lord Amherst was both of those things. The staff was very friendly. I didn't try their breakfast, so I can't comment on that. But I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone looking - especially for those looking to stay on a budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Whitby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

A group of 6 friends used the Lord Amherst for a Saturday night stay over
when visiting for a Bills home game. Rooms were clean, spacicious (even with 2 double beds and a cot). Staff were friendly/helpful during our stay, and the breakfast brunch (free with stay) was excellent for its selection.

A good value location central to major shopping locations (Walden Galleria)

Room Tip: If your travelling with a group that need more than one room and has two people per room, for a smal...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Lord Amherst Hotel? Share your experiences!