Shabby is OK, & since I'm a farm girl, mold, mildew & dirt don't bother me too much. I expected power outages - been there before. However, the Inn has 2 generators; one for the kitchen & one for the guest rooms. On our last 2 days there, we requested the generator to light out cave-dark rooms for 2 hrs. in the morning & 2 hrs. in the evening. Candles & lanterns didn't penetrate the depths of suit cases. The first time we were told there were too few guests to warrant firing up the generators. The 2nd time we were told there were too many guests, and the generator would disturb them. Even though I puffed myself up to full power, they were unmoving. Not a good way to promote good will.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for your comments in regard to power supply at our Country Retreat , Inn on the Vumba which did not meet your expectations . Unfortunately , the main generator is positioned alongside one wing of our rooms and has to be carefully managed to avoid complaints from guests who are in the rooms close by and hence we cannot have it on after 2100 hrs or before 0700 hours to be considerate of other guests in house .With the horrendous loadshedding ( power cuts ) experienced here in Zimbabwe and especially Mutare/ Vumba , it is no easy task in trying to operate hotels in meeting the expectations of our guests .
Report response as inappropriate
Yours INN hospitality.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.