At Sussi and Chuma you take hospitality to a very high and impressive level which we greatly enjoyed during our recent stay. In addition we loved the variety of activities and thanks to Elijah for his skill on the river and his patience escorting us to other activities, including getting us transferred to a fellow guide so that we could visit the Victoria Falls Hotel - a place with evocative memories for us. This Safari holiday was to mark our Golden Wedding anniversary and at Sussi and Chuma you came up with the perfect and touching surprise - a memorable lunch on a boat for the two of us eaten on an island in the Zambezi. How thoughtful and much appreciated. A total surprise and you even got us to the jetty without us realizing what you were up to. Your general friendliness, kind co-operation with providing us with soothing cream to calm our insect bites, and helping out with laundry on our last day etc etc was all much appreciated and made a great impression. You made our stay so homely and we did enjoy the many well informed chats with many members of staff. Great to meet staff from Bulawayo too. We have taken away most favourable memories, and think often of the delicious meals, lovely accommodation and the magnificent setting. The elephant safari was enormous fun too. Well done and congratulations to everyone. Jenny and Alan Forbes, Beaconsfield, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma is named after explorer David Livingstone's two faithful companions who carried his body all the way back to England from where he died in Zambia. The lodge itself is an exclusive haven in the heart of Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, which in addition to the mighty roar of the Victoria Falls, also boasts a wide variety of game as well as countless opportunities for adventure. The main lodge is built on two levels, perched in giant ebony trees overlooking the Zambezi. Guests can relax in the swimming pool or the treatment room, or enjoy a drink in the elevated bar. In terms of accommodation there are twelve air-conditioned tree houses, connected by wooden walkways. Each tree house enjoys superb views over the river and is an open plan room with shower, bathtub, vanity area and private toilet. In addition, there are two private houses available, each with two bedrooms, their own dining areas and decks with plunge pools, and their own chefs and house staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma Hotel Livingstone
- Sanctuary Sussi And Chuma