We spent 3 nights @ Sussi & Chuma for our 10th wedding anniversary. We had been treated with the most friendly staff - from the cleaner right to the general manager - during our stay there!! Our guide Junior D was more than willing to take us to all our trips and activities - the river sunset cruises, our ride on the elephants, a visit to walk over the bridge and shopping at the local markets, he even took us to take pictures of the rhino's (4 metres away!!).
The food was excellent and we even had a private dinner @ the swimmingpool one night! The aircon and fan was most welcome in the room and the room was spotless.
We definitely plan to go back with the kids to the family home!!
Anmar & Tjaart (South Africa)
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma Hotel
- Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma Hotel Livingstone
- Sanctuary Sussi And Chuma
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma is named after explorer David Livingstone's two faithful companions who carried his body all the way back to England from where he died in Zambia. The lodge itself is an exclusive haven in the heart of Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, which in addition to the mighty roar of the Victoria Falls, also boasts a wide variety of game as well as countless opportunities for adventure. The main lodge is built on two levels, perched in giant ebony trees overlooking the Zambezi. Guests can relax in the swimming pool or the treatment room, or enjoy a drink in the elevated bar. In terms of accommodation there are twelve air-conditioned tree houses, connected by wooden walkways. Each tree house enjoys superb views over the river and is an open plan room with shower, bathtub, vanity area and private toilet. In addition, there are two private houses available, each with two bedrooms, their own dining areas and decks with plunge pools, and their own chefs and house staff. ... more less