We chose The Royal Livingstone as our base during our recent trip to Victoria Falls and the Chobe after extensive research. We were slightly nervous after seeing reading some of the negative reviews. However, our experience was of a fabulous hotel with unique location and excellent service.
Location, location, location. That's a cliche, but the only accurate way of describing where The Royal Livingstone is. Almost on top of the Falls, with an incredible view over the Zambezi. The grounds are immaculate, and very special to be able to see zebra, giraffe, monkeys etc... right up close. The situation of the swimming pool is fantastic - looking straight out at the river. Our 3 rooms were situated close to the main buildings, so good for getting about.
The common areas are very well laid out, decorated in classically elegant colonial style.
The rooms are well appointed. We particularly liked the bathrooms - separate bath and shower and very spacious. Molton Brown toiletries. The view out to the river, especially at sunset, was sublime. Each building of 8 rooms has a dedicated butler - ours was extremely helpful.
We had all of our meals at the main hotel restaurant. Breakfast brunch was world-class - a vast array of tempting fresh and cooked options. The staff remembered which was our favourite table as well as our names. Dinner choices were varied and very tasty,
Particularly enjoyable was relaxing in the outdoor lounge patio after dinner enjoying the view and ambience.
Our experience of staff was very positive. Universally friendly, professional and eager to please.
This is absolutely the best hotel option on either the Zambian or Zimbabwean sides of the Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Livingstone Hotel in Zambia will appeal to the traveller in search of luxury, extravagance and sheer indulgence. It is set in the lush riverine belt on the banks of the Zambezi River with the dramatic torrent of the Victoria Falls a 10 minute walk away. In the cool lounges and shaded verandas of the Royal Livingstone Hotel, you will encounter the elegance and luxury of an earlier time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Livingstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Livingstone Hotel Livingstone
- Royal Hotel Livingstone
- Livingstone Royal Hotel
- Royal Livingstone Zambia
- Royal Livingstone Hotel Zambia