Third time Ive been here but 10 years between visits and the place has not changed an inch. It still however is in pristine condition and one of the more unique properties in the world. Lets face it its the destination you are going to see and if you have the inclination you may as well stay in the best property on the Zambian side of the Falls.
Walk to the Falls and dont wear a rain coat - get wet and feel alive but take a waterproof bag for your camera.
Arrive at the hotel by water taxi not road taxi or coach
Sunset cruise (African Queen is the best) on the Zambezi
Train dinner on the old steam train
Heli flips over the Falls and thru the gorges
Day trip to Chobe
Golf at Elephant Hills across the river in Zimbabwe.
Massage by the river
And the ultimate balcony beers on the sun deck on the river LOL!!!
And watch out for monkeys knocking off your food etc from your room if you leave it open - same applies if lying by the pool or on the sun deck. I also think they are attracted to colorful bags etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Livingstone Hotel in Zambia will appeal to the traveller in search of luxury, extravagance and sheer indulgence. It is set in the lush riverine belt on the banks of the Zambezi River with the dramatic torrent of the Victoria Falls a 10 minute walk away. In the cool lounges and shaded verandas of the Royal Livingstone Hotel, you will encounter the elegance and luxury of an earlier time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and South African Hotels so you can book your Royal Livingstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Livingstone Hotel Livingstone
- Royal Hotel Livingstone
- Livingstone Royal Hotel
- Royal Livingstone Zambia
- Royal Livingstone Hotel Zambia