... & I am fortunate to have stayed in a few. Greeted by the staff with a warm welcome of hand massages for the 4 of us (my wife & I travelled with my parents) and a cool glass of iced tea which was just the job after travelling from the UK via JoBurg to Zambia non-stop.
My first view as I walked into the hotel was the lush green grass and the Zambezi which is breath taking. We were taken on a golf buggy to our room, the luggage followed promptly and it was here we met out butler Anthony who was there to take care of everything we wanted (although we declined the bungee jump from the gorge bridge!!) and he showed us around our room which was spotless, airy and of excellent quality.
Everything about this place is quality, the dining, the breakfast, the staff (Butlers Anthony & Henry, Jack at the pool, all the guys at the sun deck and all the restaurant staff and not forgetting Edward whose uniform you have to see to believe). Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
The most amazing things about the hotel is the proximity to Victoria Falls whose mist you can see in the distance even in November when the flow is low and the zebra, giraffe, monkeys & impala that are an almost permanent feature of the hotel.
One of our highlights was bumping into the hotel’s very own Dr Doolittle (Webster) who called the Zebra who then followed him along with Giraffe to an area of bush near the hotel where we were able to get up close to them along with the Impala. Talk about personal service.
Other great things about the hotel are; the short walk to the falls (around 10 minutes), the boat for Livingstone Island leaves from here, the deck beside the river where we sat and watched the sunset on several occasions with a cool drink, watching and listening to the nearby pod of hippos and not forgetting the massage in the tents at sunset with mirrors positioned so you do not miss the sunset when lying face down being massaged - absolute bliss!
So much more I could say, but I will stop here so I don’t bore the readers!
This is one hotel I did not want to leave and I will certainly return.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Livingstone Hotel Livingstone
- Royal Hotel Livingstone
- Royal Livingstone Hotel
- Livingstone Royal Hotel
- Royal Livingstone Zambia
- Royal Livingstone Hotel Zambia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Livingstone Hotel in Zambia will appeal to the traveller in search of luxury, extravagance and sheer indulgence. It is set in the lush riverine belt on the banks of the Zambezi River with the dramatic torrent of the Victoria Falls a 10 minute walk away. In the cool lounges and shaded verandas of the Royal Livingstone Hotel, you will encounter the elegance and luxury of an earlier time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Royal Livingstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.