“A must for fish lovers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A must for fish lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Whilst on a very short stay in Livingstone I was recommended the Ocean Basket restaurant by my taxi driver. I am glad I took his recommendation as the food and the service was just what I needed on this very hot humid day. The Manager was very welcoming and helped find a good quiet table close to a Collins fan, the waiter (Henry) was very efficient and engaging. I had the grilled halloumi cheese followed by an excellent fillet of Kingklip, both dishes being served rather uniquely in a frying pan! I also tried the local lager, Mosi, which was perfect on such a day with such a meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
American Canyon, California
“Good food from a restaurant chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you have eaten at an Ocean Basket restaurant than you know what to expect. The location is on the main road in Livingstone, Zambia. An option to dine after a day in Victoria Falls. The seafood was prepared well, no complaints in our party. Preparation takes awhile so if you are in a hurry this may not be the place for you. Outdoor and indoor dining is available. The location is next to a shopping center however the location of Ocean Basket is not in the area of all the traffic. Service was OK and as mentioned there was a long wait for your food. All in all, we enjoyed our dining experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Situated in a shopping area Ocean Basket has fresh produce and good service.Their platters are value for money.

Visited July 2013
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Always pleasant (sea) food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Excellent sea food. The best calamari I have ever eaten. Excellent scrimps and nice fish, absolutely recommended.

Visited November 2013
Catania, Italy
“Seafood finally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Living in these part of the world and missing sea food very much. I've been to Livingstone and when I saw this restaurant together with my friends we just jump on it .Each of us ordered a plate for two person. They brought us a big plate with mussels, prawns, calamari, a fillet (don't know which fish).perfectly fried. Very good....after long time. We took also a nice starter and the manager offered us some Sushi (yes they also prepare sushi).
P.S. Don't go there in the evening if you want to spend the night around .It become difficult to walk and dance having such meal in the stomach.

• Visited November 2013