“Just do it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Welcome to the best river on Earth! Zambezi Rafting offers rafting day trips. We can also plan all your Livingstone Adventures, Gorge Swing, Inflatable Kayak, Jetboat, Sunset Cruise, Livingstone Island and safaris. Welcome to our adventure playground!
Peachland
49 attraction reviews
“Just do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am 59 and went on this with my husband and many more from our group. Climbing down the ladder to the water for me was the worst. I almost turned around but the guide took my vest, my oar and held my hand while I went down on my bum! The objective is getting to the water, how doesn't have to be poetic!
Once in the raft we headed out and I felt so safe in the hands of our guide. I will never forget the "paddle, paddle" and looking over into a deep hole of water! He maneuvered us with no problems and we would go to the sides so we could watch the other rafts go through.
This is the most fun you can have with your pants on!!
At the very end when he told us about the many whirlpools in this area and to hang on - I fell out! The guide had me back in the boat so fast I didn't really know what happened.
Thank you guides for letting me push myself and create memories I will always treasure!

Visited February 2013
Evie W, Manager at Zambezi Rafting Day Tours, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We hope to see you back on the Mighty Zambezi at some point in the future. Safe travels.

Brisbane, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“A must do....even for chickens!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently did a 34 day overland trip through Africa and while travelling we had the pleasure of spending a few days in Livingstone.
I originally wasn't too keen on the water rafting day trip down level 5 rapids, however all my friends seemed to be doing it so i felt why not?
I was quite nervous and remember sitting at the safety briefing wondering what i had got myself into! However, i needn't have been so worried.

From the get go, the crew were amazing and the comprehensive safety briefing was so comprehensive i immediately felt i was i safe and capable hands.

You have a choice of the half day or whole day rafting. If you choose to do the half day you will still get to do the most intense and exciting rapids as the first 10 of the day are more intense than the later rapids.

despite the safety briefing i was still pretty nervous and my stomach was doing knots as we walked down to the water. However as soon as we got into the raft the real excitement began.

For the next few hours we had to synchronise our strokes as a team in order to overcome and master each rapid. The adrenaline pumping through my body as we approached each rapid was zoo intense and i was in a constant stake of excitement and fear mixed together.

Our boat did a 'fun' flip at the end of the day (after successfully completing the first 9 rapids without flipping) which was also really fun despite my initial fear.

I would recommend a day rafting to everyone. The feeling i got from riding those rapids was like nothing i have experienced before!! A definite thrill for people seeking an adrenaline rush like no other!

"feel the fear and do it anyway"

Visited December 2012
Evie W, Front Office Manager at Zambezi Rafting Day Tours, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of your recent Zambezi Rafting trip. I hope you had a safe trip home and we'd love to see you back sometime.
London
3 attraction reviews
“The best thrills and a few spills!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been with this company twice now and can't wait to go again! The professionalism and experience that each of the team delivers is simply unrivalled.

I have been on a 1 day trips, a 4 day trip and a 7 day trip (yes i love the Zambezi and this company!!) and each one has been soo much fun, but the longer trips are worth it if you have the time. Camping on beautiful white beaches with a drink in your hand, laughing continuously with your fellow paddlers and generally absorbing the stunning surroundings is true escapism.

The day trips are simply a BLAST! You are guided through 25 of the best rapids in the world which not only ges your heart thumping but gives you a smile you don't loose for days. Yes its adrenaline pumping, but this company really look after you and put your safety first (unlike a few other local companies).

I can't wait to go back in 2013 and put that smile back on my face, who wouldn't smile if they survived Rapid Number 13 or as its more commonly called...'Creamy white buttocks'!

Visited October 2012
Evie W, General Manager at Zambezi Rafting Day Tours, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thanks so much for your review and it was fabulous to see you back again on yet another trip with us. See you in 2013!
Antwerp, Belgium
“Big thrill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good organisation, beautiful weather, the best guide (captain Boyd).
We left for the whole day with 4 boats and 3 kayak guides who look after you when you fall out of the raft. It was incredible fun, exciting and not totally without danger and I will never forget the fantastic guide we had, Boyd, and the way he prepared us each time for the next rapid.
Do it, you will not regret it. They don't accept children under 15 y, and I wouldn't take mine either.
Best rapids in dry season (ends in november).

Visited November 2012
Evie W, Front Office Manager at Zambezi Rafting Day Tours, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of your day rafting with us. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you again!
Oxford
“Awesome 7 day trip down beautiful Zambezi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Recently got back from a 7 day trip down the Zambezi starting at Victoria Falls (from the bottom of the falls!).

Really recommend this trip - 4 days of full on rafting then 3 further days of quieter water paddling/drifting. We opted for the 7 day version but there is a 4 day version if you're just interested in the hardcore rafting.

Food was amazing. Each evening the guides would magically set up a kitchen, bathroom, campfire while we all put up tents and chilled out after the days rafting. Each night we had drinks, snacks and a proper good meal - including lots of little touches you just wouldn't normally expect on a camping trip (chopped coriander to add to your chicken curry anyone? Freshly baked cakes for pudding most nights made in a metal cooking pot on the open fire! Slabs of good quality steak on BBQ night... I could go on). I love my food and really, was massively impressed with quality.

The camping was amazing. I hate camping. No, really I do. But I really didn't expect to be stopping every night on pristine sandy beaches with a huge campfire and beautiful views and very little insects (very little stagnant water near rapids). Water by nature provided inflatable sleeping mats and you're always on sand so it was actually really comfy. I also hate hot weather but every night by about 8pm it cools down enough to enjoy a pleasant nights sleep. The sky is so clear with beautiful sunsets and thousands of stars.

The rafting was great fun too - the guides were great fun and really knew their stuff. You get a reasonable work out with the paddling and really feel the adrenalin pumping but actually feel pretty safe even if you fall in (as I did just the once) as its such a big deep river you don't worry about hitting rocks, just hold your breath and waiting for yourself to resurface (you wear lots of flotation) and someone to pick you up.

As you can probably tell, I really enjoyed the trip and it exceeded all my expectations. I'm thinking of doing another trip with the same company in Chile next year.

Upon getting back I've also recommended this trip to many friends of all ages and levels of fitness/mobility - and have especially recommended using the same company, Water By Nature, who made the whole trip feel effortless, fun and with a touch of luxury!

Visited September 2012
Evie W, Front Office Manager at Zambezi Rafting Day Tours, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Sounds like you are a camping covert! We are glad you loved the trip and thanks so much for being part of it!