“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

2015 Kombe Drive, Livingstone 100000, Zambia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The service was amazing! Andrew went above & beyond! I can't wait to go back! The food was the best I have had, out of any other place I have been:) The room was wonderful, cosy, comfortable. I did not want to leave.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family spent 3 nights here during early August. We really enjoyed our stay. Andrew is the best! He made reservations for us at various activities and was very helpful. The lodge is located is close to Livingstone. We were able to walk to town in less than 15 minutes. The chalet that we stayed was comfortable and the water was hot. The food was wonderful and cooked to order. This is a small hotel and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Charlotte, NC, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a small inn in a quiet part of town. I was thrilled that they had wireless internet. I sat under the shade of an orange tree and stitched my needlepoint while watching the Guinea fowl run around the garden. I think there were 10 different kinds of fruit bearing trees. The breakfast was nice. The service was great. The rooms were small, but clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Green Tree Lodge and we couldn't complain. Andrew was very helpful throughout our stay and helped make our trip to Livingstone a memorable one. This meant complimentary airport transfers, advising us on what activities we could do, accommodating to our various requests and best of all, great cooked meals. It is certainly a value for money, must go option for anyone planning a vacation to Livingstone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family and I stayed here in Aug 2013. There were 5 of us but Andrew picked us up at the airport anyway (he arranged for a taxi to pick up 2 of us) as part of the service at the B&B.

Even though it was winter the facility was just as it looked on their website. Lush and green with all sorts of flowering shrubbery. The chalets were clean and well maintained. I loved having a fridge and the ability to make or coffee in my room. The food was excellent and freshly cooked. The dinner menu is extensive, with something for everyone.

My kids LOVED the WIFI and being able to stay connected with friends. I liked being able to check in with the office easily.

Andrew and Victoria were delightful hosts. Andrew went out of his way to arrange for some FREE transportation for us for an activity when our tour planner had completely dropped the ball. We used the taxi service Andrew recommended extensively and his prices were consistently lower than when we jumped into a taxi on the street.

The walk into town felt safe but it was closer to 20 minutes (not 10 as Andrew mentioned) but we tend to amble along so perhaps a brisk walker would do it in 10. Once in town there were many things to do- shop at the grocery store/bakery. Check out curios shops. Visit the museum. Grab lunch...or dinner.

Room Tip: I really liked the individual chalets. They have an ensuite bathroom, the ability to make tea/coffee...
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Green Tree Lodge in July 2013. Andrew and Victoria provided us all the comforts of home away from home and treated us like family! I'd highly recommend Green Tree to anyone visiting Livingstone.

Right from the time when I made the call from the USA to speak to Andrew to make the reservation, we felt that Andrew would take care of us well.

The rooms are somewhat small, but they have all the basic amenities. Clean, cozy, and comfortable. In our rooms (we had 2 rooms), the bathrooms were remodeled and looked very new. The entire property itself gave us the feeling security and comfort with a lot of room to walk around, plenty of trees, and a small vegetable garden in the back.

Food! Andrew is a chef and he proved it!. Our son is a VERY picky eater, and he ate almost nothing for a week prior in Zambia. When we arrived, Andrew said he could make anything we want. From then on, every night he would make a variety of dishes: naan, raita, mango chutney, pasta, you name it, Andrew would get us that. To the extent that our son (picky, remember?) carried Andrew's naans and samosas in the plane ride back. Just ask Andrew what you want to eat, or, better yet, ask him to surprise you!

He also arranged all our activities around Livingstone and the Chobe trip was memorable. Though bit pricey (added cost for us due to re-entry visa cost from Botswana to Zambia), but it was well worth it. Tip: Get a multiple entry visa on first arrival into Zambia.

In general, our visit to Livingstone was made extra memorable with Andrew & Victoria's hospitality and check it out for yourselves. You won't be disappointed.

Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was a bit disappointed in Green Tree lodge as from the photos I expected somewhere more spacious. Most of the B&B's that I have stayed in in Livingstone give me a slightly claustrophobic feeling and I was hoping for something different here - but alas not to be! Having said that the rooms were clean and the food was fine but please do something about those tame guinea fowls that disturbed me for much of the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Tree Lodge? Share your experiences!