The trip from Ho Chi Minh is more than 4 hours which can be exciting if you look out the window and take in the cultural adventure of the Vietnamese life. Make sure your driver is aware to give you a bathroom stop on the way and eat beforehand if you are hungry as the stop on the way will not suit much more than a cold drink and packet of chips.
The resort was remote and very quiet on arrival. We thought that we were there with very few guests. As the days (6 in total) went by we realised that there was many more guests but the resort is very spaced out giving you the feeling of privacy and individual attention.
The staff were very attentive and beautiful and the added extras were very much appreciated. We enjoyed the personalised service of everyone, especially by the poolside.
The dining area is in the most beautiful spot - overlooking the main pool and the beach. The menu, although changes each evening is limited and does not cater with local dishes.
Although the resort is very remote, we were pleasantly surprised with the fair price of food and most beverages (all wine is expensive in Asia compared to Australia so don't expect to drink it without paying much more for it).
All pricing is in $US, so be aware and take either local currency or $US with you if you plan to visit the local area or take a taxi to the town of Phan Thiet or Mu Nei.
We had a wonderful foot massage and lovely walks along the beach, giving much attention to the local fishing village bringing in their daily catch.
There is a well equipped gym (if you feel the urge) and several pools to choose from.
Let go, enjoy and relax. This is the place to not do much but enjoy being away from it all.
If you are looking for action and adventure, this may not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a palm dotted beach, The Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, a member of Small Luxury Hotel of the World™, lies hidden between dragon fruit orchards and salt pans away from the busy streets of Mui Ne and Phan Thiet. Inspired by a historical noble, royal romance, this small luxury resort of just 57 villas welcomes the discerning traveler into the 21st century through award winning architectural design reminiscent of by-gone French Colonial grandeur. The Zen-like, monochrome uncluttered open spaces offer a cool and relaxing welcome at any time of the day for an intimate “tete-a-tete” over a coffee or late night q-tail. Overlooking the classical French inspired gardens, lined with magnificent royal palm trees along meticulously manicured lawns, the semi-detached Mandarin Villas offer an open plan space that combines simplicity with sumptuous silks, bespoke hardwood furniture, private bar, and original photo-art. A large sofa bed and writing desk compliment the room. The spacious bathroom with an enormous soaking tub and separate rainfall shower connects to a luxurious dressing room that offers ample closet space for your luggage. The connecting private balcony opens up to the gardens with two refreshing swimming pools and are designed to enjoy the balmy tropical evenings with a novel from our library. Hidden in the ginger garden with its many indigenous and overseas species of heliconia, the Princess Villas brings a fresh interpretation of “barefoot chic" to Vietnam and are designed to ensure supreme privacy and comfort. The airy bedroom hosts a hand-crafted four poster bed and a comfortable living area that opens up to the connecting al fresco bathroom with separate shower and over-sized bath to ensure the ultimate in relaxation. Set within a walled garden/court yard with tropical planting, a private plunge pool and outdoor sofa-bed, that add lush and organic accents to the refreshing ambiance. With commanding views of the South China Sea / East Sea, the Empress Villa epitomizes Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa —a mix of relaxed chic, understated quality and quiet tranquility blended with award-winning architecture, modern sensibility, privacy, and Vietnamese style and is the ultimate retreat for couples and their families. This very special accommodation offers generous proportions. It boasts a large living room and a full dining space with French doors that lead to the walled tropical garden with private swimming pool. The majestic staircase leads to the second floor master bedroom with a Vietnamese inspired plateau bed and a private balcony offering unrivaled views over Ke Ga Bay. Looking out onto the ginger garden, an over-sized candle lit bath brims with scarlet petals to ensure a romantic evening. The downstairs second bedroom with en-suite bathroom is ideal for accompanying children or friends. Gazing over Ke Ga bay and the millennium old light house, the epicurean can sample some of the finest regional dishes in the Restaurant and the tranquil beach side pool is ideal spot for sun-downers. Blue stone paths lead into the inner sanctum of the award winning, beach front Spa where Balinese-trained therapists lead you to one of the private couple’s rooms on the second floor. Using only organic, locally sourced products, our Spa treatments are truly an indulgence and a make for excellent gifting to loved ones. For those seeking adventure, Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa offers guided tours to many of the natural and historical regional highlights including the Ke Ga Lighthouse, Ph Sha Nu Tower and Ta Cu nature reserve or simply use one of the hotel bikes and explore the scenic surroundings at your own pace and savor on a picnic prepared by our culinary team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Splendia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess d`Annam Resort And Spa
- Princess d`Annam Hotel Phan Thiet