Driving to the resort, we felt like it was located in the middle of nowhere surrounded by farming fields. It was a 40 minutes drive on bad roads from Phan Thiet city centre.
After checking in to our Empress villa and seeing the beach, we understood it was worth the drive. The Empress villa was huge and delightfull. The beach was beautiful and endless.
The hotel area was guarded 24/7 and we always felt safe and secure.
Our Empress villa (302) was the villa closest to the beach. From the balcony we could enjoy sea/beachview with the sunset and sunrise on the horizon. Empress villa has 2 floors, 2 bedrooms, 1 living room and 2 bathrooms. Everything was modern and luxurious furnished.
The masterbedroom with its own bathroom and walk-in-closet was spacious. Rainshower and a superlarge built-in bathtub for 4 persons. A pity that it was never enough hot water to fill up the tub. From the living room we could nearly jump in to our private pool, which our children loved.
We all loved the hotel's beachfront area with the Terrace restaurant and pool. Lots of complimentary water acitivites for children.
The service was outstanding. Staff always striving to please the guests. Even the Master chef was attentive and always coming out to make sure that the we were satisfied with the meal. So did the General Manager for breakfast and when we checked out.
Breakfast was superb. Both a'la carte and buffet was tremendously delicious. Breakfast for children over 3 years of age cost 17 USD per day.
Hotel service prices where a bit stiff. Luckily we received coupons giving us 30% dining discount and 50% discount on SPA services, making the following net prices more reasonable:
-A glass of Möet champagne ~ 30 USD
-60 minutes massage ~ 50 USD
-Main course ~ 25 USD
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a palm dotted beach, The Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, a member of Small Luxury Hotel of the World™, lies hidden between dragon fruit orchards and salt pans away from the busy streets of Mui Ne and Phan Thiet. Inspired by a historical noble, royal romance, this small luxury resort of just 57 villas welcomes the discerning traveler into the 21st century through award winning architectural design reminiscent of by-gone French Colonial grandeur. The Zen-like, monochrome uncluttered open spaces offer a cool and relaxing welcome at any time of the day for an intimate “tete-a-tete” over a coffee or late night q-tail. Overlooking the classical French inspired gardens, lined with magnificent royal palm trees along meticulously manicured lawns, the semi-detached Mandarin Villas offer an open plan space that combines simplicity with sumptuous silks, bespoke hardwood furniture, private bar, and original photo-art. A large sofa bed and writing desk compliment the room. The spacious bathroom with an enormous soaking tub and separate rainfall shower connects to a luxurious dressing room that offers ample closet space for your luggage. The connecting private balcony opens up to the gardens with two refreshing swimming pools and are designed to enjoy the balmy tropical evenings with a novel from our library. Hidden in the ginger garden with its many indigenous and overseas species of heliconia, the Princess Villas brings a fresh interpretation of “barefoot chic" to Vietnam and are designed to ensure supreme privacy and comfort. The airy bedroom hosts a hand-crafted four poster bed and a comfortable living area that opens up to the connecting al fresco bathroom with separate shower and over-sized bath to ensure the ultimate in relaxation. Set within a walled garden/court yard with tropical planting, a private plunge pool and outdoor sofa-bed, that add lush and organic accents to the refreshing ambiance. With commanding views of the South China Sea / East Sea, the Empress Villa epitomizes Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa —a mix of relaxed chic, understated quality and quiet tranquility blended with award-winning architecture, modern sensibility, privacy, and Vietnamese style and is the ultimate retreat for couples and their families. This very special accommodation offers generous proportions. It boasts a large living room and a full dining space with French doors that lead to the walled tropical garden with private swimming pool. The majestic staircase leads to the second floor master bedroom with a Vietnamese inspired plateau bed and a private balcony offering unrivaled views over Ke Ga Bay. Looking out onto the ginger garden, an over-sized candle lit bath brims with scarlet petals to ensure a romantic evening. The downstairs second bedroom with en-suite bathroom is ideal for accompanying children or friends. Gazing over Ke Ga bay and the millennium old light house, the epicurean can sample some of the finest regional dishes in the Restaurant and the tranquil beach side pool is ideal spot for sun-downers. Blue stone paths lead into the inner sanctum of the award winning, beach front Spa where Balinese-trained therapists lead you to one of the private couple’s rooms on the second floor. Using only organic, locally sourced products, our Spa treatments are truly an indulgence and a make for excellent gifting to loved ones. For those seeking adventure, Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa offers guided tours to many of the natural and historical regional highlights including the Ke Ga Lighthouse, Ph Sha Nu Tower and Ta Cu nature reserve or simply use one of the hotel bikes and explore the scenic surroundings at your own pace and savor on a picnic prepared by our culinary team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess d`Annam Resort And Spa
- Princess d`Annam Hotel Phan Thiet