“Best food in Mui Ne!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Champa

Champa
58 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien Ward, | Coco Beach Resort, Phan Thiet 62003, Vietnam
+84 62 3847 111
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 160 Restaurants in Phan Thiet
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance
Description: At Coco Beach, we not only believe in satisfying guests' appetite with fantastic dishes, but also in creating an atmosphere of a very pleasurable dining experience".Champa Restaurant offers a large panoramic terrace overlooking the Pool and the tropical gardens.Hard wood parquet and large brick openings as well as Cham minority hand-woven tapestries and fabrics give a cozy and relaxing atmosphere. Sensual lighting and perfect service make it the favorite choice for any couple's romantic dinner .Guests can also join at a bar for a cocktail, or sit back in our lounge, relax and enjoy some great tunes.
“Best food in Mui Ne!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

We ended up eating here our last 2 nights!!!

Great service- friendly and a good laugh!

Food was great. Meat was cooked to perfection and was really good quality. Pretty good wine list as well.

If your looking for a really good meal (beef, duck, chicken etc) this is the place to be. Great setting, service and food. Pretty good value too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Zhuhai, China
“Beautiful - from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Our family recently visited Champa restaurant for dinner and I must say that we had a completely different experience than the last poster. In fact, I have to wonder if it was meant for an entirely different restaurant.?? We had a beautiful experience - from start to finish! I had grilled vegetables as a starter, beef rossini (beef fillet with foix gras) for my main course, a lovely cabernet sauvignon, and chocolate fondant (nothing short of a chocolate dream) for dessert. Not only was my meal magnificent, the service and the ambience were also quite nice. The staff was friendly, courteous, attentive and timely. Nothing was missing from the entire experience. It is not easy to please everyone, but all eight of us walked away very happy. We will be coming back to Vietnam for the TET holiday and I am already looking forward to returning to Champa.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
danvn06, Owner at Champa, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Dear Dillonsmimi,
I wish to thank you warmly for taking the time to write this review and share your experience.
Obviously, a big thank you for your kind words. I always pass on a copy of the reviews we receive to the Champa restaurant's staff and we were very pleased with the feeling that we had done the job right !! We are looking forward to your future visit and, in the meantime, wish you the very best !!
Daniel Arnaud
“Low average quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Cold atmosphere, terrible food, and some of it sour. Probably the chef is frustrated! Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy goddddddddd never agaiiiiiinnnnn i guess they should probably motivate their staff with a better salary. Just give it a try anyway so u can believe it yourself.
I wish them to fix those problems

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
danvn06, General Manager at Champa, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear FoodLover,

I wish to thank you for your review and for letting others know about your feelings after having had dinner at our Champa restaurant. Unfortunately, the lack of details on what dish(es) you ordered and which turned out not to be up to our usual standards really do not help us in addressing the problem or giving us the base on how to correct it. Criticism is only good as it is constructive and helpful, I always believed Trip Advisor reviews to be of that sort ...
Again, please accept my apologies for (an obvious) bad experience. I really do hope you will give us an other opportunity to prove to you that we are worthy of our reputation.
Hong Kong
“Lovely dinner, romantic setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Just had a lovely dinner here, with our two kids. Good variety, fresh and a real nice setting. Friendly people.

Saigon(HCMC)
“Should've, could've been a much better experience...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I had been looking forward to having another meal at the ChamPa Restaurant after a nice dining experience there well over a year ago. I had tried going to ChamPa over the summer during our previous visit to Mui Ne, but the whole Coco Beach Resort was closed for the "off" season. The venue is gorgeous, overlooking the mature and beautifully groomed grounds of the original, therefore the oldest, Mui Ne resort
On Christmas evening six of us, and a 2 year old child, arrived early in the evening with out reservations, which wasn't a problem as the there were no other customers. We relaxed a bit on some couches with drinks, while our table was prepared, before we all sat down to order. The service was attentive and our orders came out in a reasonable time but there were some issues with how a couple of our dishes were prepared. My "Lamb Rack" (US$15.42)was overcooked but palatable. Another order, "Beef Romini" ($18.14)also was way overcooked although again palatable and not worth making an issue over. Another friend asked for the freshest fish they had in the kitchen and wasn't happy with the way it tasted. he was very unhappy a few hours later when he became violently ill, which required a couple of days to "run"it's course and for recovery. Not good!
The rest of the dishes were fine, no complaints. The baby liked the Pumpkin & Sweet Potato soup ($2.72).
The worst part of the evening, for most of us, was that somehow the sparkling wine we had ordered was upgraded to a pedestrian, although pricy, French Champagne, listed at about $50 more than the bottle we had ordered. The manager, Sebastian, was remarkably unsympathetic to the situation, so much so that I had the definite impression that the wait staff are given a bonus for selling the more expensive bottle. Never have I been in a hospitality situation where the customer was so wrong, with absolutely no offer in mediation or mitigation. They just didn't care! If we didn't have the child with us we might have just only paid for what we had ordered and walked!
Our bill totaled $158.50, with the $75 bottle of wine.
Looking at the receipt now, they might have inadvertently overlooked charging us for a couple of our early drinks while we were waiting to be seated.
While ChamPa strives to be a step above the general level of "resort" cuisine available along the Mui Ne beach, our overall experience was so negative that I can not recommend ChamPa.
Prior to our disappointing second experience I had been thinking that I would probably be writing a more glowing report. I absolutely can not!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere