Stayed just one short night, but from what I noticed during my short stay there, the staff are pretty friendly and helpful.
I stayed in one of those ocean view rooms in the main resort building so I had to walk abit to the beach itself. I wasn't sure if I was in the right direction since it's my first time there, and the ongoing expansion and construction works at the right of the resort didn't help. But just as I was checking out the map, one of the employees walked past and automatically asked where I would like to go. When I told him the beach, he smilingly told me that I'm on the right track, and I continued on my way.
Later that evening I went to the reception to ask about the shuttle that would bring guests out, and again was met with prompt and helpful responses. That said though, my group and I ended up never using the shuttle, so on that aspect, I can't comment.
There is but one actual restaurant on the resort, however, and I do find that rather boring and cuts down on my choices. The resort is in a very quiet area and not near the city at all, and it's at least a 10-minute drive out before one even comes to the first visible restaurant. So the resort's restaurant itself is probably the quickest and safest bet, and knowing that there's only one restaurant there serving an international cuisine is kind of a buzzkill for me. I'd have preferred and expected at least 2 restaurants in a resort managed by Centara, to provide some variety to the guests. There is another place nearer to the beach which sells pizza and burgers, but that's really more of a bar, rather than a restaurant.
The beach is great. Very strong waves at this time of the year, but the sand is beautiful and on the last morning of my stay, I practically had the entire beach to myself. Clean and well-maintained -- love it. But the deck chairs which the resort had out on the beach for their guests do not come with a cushion. Those by the pool, yes, but not those on the beach. It's just hard and stiff chairs and not at all comfortable to lay down on. I don't understand why they can't provide even cushions. Need for maintenance is not an excuse; I've been to many other resorts and this is the first one I've come across, that doesn't provide cushions on their deck chairs on the beach.
For the price, this is definitely worth the stay. If only the management would consider another restaurant on the premises to increase variety, and some deck chair-cushions to make the chilling-out experience a real breeze, then it may almost be perfect.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Hotel Da Nang
- Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Da Nang is located on 17 hectares of private garden fronting Non Nuoc Beach of the East Sea. A picturesque 15 km drive through Danang City from the airport brings you to Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Da Nang. Conveniently located for excursions to the World Heritage Sites in Central Vietnam such as Hoi An Ancient Town (only 18 km), Hue Imperial City (110 km), My Son Holy Land (65 km) and four-season-in-a-day Ba Na Mountain (46 km to the South West of Vietnam). From this September 2011, Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort will offer guest a daily shuttle bus to Hoi An every 2 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Fastbooking, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort Managed By Centara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.