“Clean, modern and very near to the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Starlet Hotel Danang

Save Saved
You added Starlet Hotel Danang to your Saves list
Starlet Hotel Danang
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31-32 Ngo Thi Sy street, Ngu Hanh Son Dist., Da Nang, Vietnam   |
Ranked #48 of 114 hotels in Da Nang
“Clean, modern and very near to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My first time travelling solo, so I booked a room here via Agoda. Price was really reasonable for a 3 days 2 nights stay. I paid only USD48, it was a real deal for me! The receptionist was quite friendly too. I was worried to stay alone in a foreign country with zero knowledge about the language and culture, and worried about the state of my room but really, I had a nice surprise when I entered my room 603. Room was clean, bathroom was modern (I really loved the rain shower), and good WiFi connection. I had a real good surprise too when I found out they had all the good tv channels i.e. HBO, Cinemax, AXN, Starworld, CNN, etc.. There was never a dull moment when I was alone in the room!

Behind the hotel, there's 2 local shops selling things ranging from bottled water, to food, to other things I didnt really notice. The second shop serves the best vietnam coffee ever!! You can't miss it, they keep few birds in cages. Just ask for coffee with milk and they'll serve you coffee together with herbal tea (I think that's their specialty in Vietnam). And it costs only 7000 dong (appr 40cents). They can't speak a single word of English too but they recognize their customer, so you don't have to ask twice. If you walk further, at the end of the same row of shops, you will see a small restaurant or shop serving cooked Vietnamese food. I was daring enough to try their sauteed bitter gourd, chicken with vegetable and pork. Well I can tell you this, it was real yummy. The opposite side of the lane (same row as Mango hotel) there's a bar called Billabong pub & restaurant, I tried their BBQ pork, boy it was good! It was about USD 7.50 and happy hour is 5-7pm for USD 1.70. People was friendly too. Met a nice guy named Mark who was there on a months holiday with his friends and an 18 year old boy. He was from Isle of Man. If you don't ride motorbikes and just depend on your two feet to bring you everywhere, it's a good thing to know too, that the hotel is just about 100m away from one noodle shop somewhere at the end of the church building next to the hotel. If you walk along the main road (turn to the left side of the road), you will pass Lion Sea Hotel and next to it you'll see Lido restaurant. They serve pretty good yummy and cheap food too.

Anyways, please be informed that if you're from a country which uses 3 pin plug for its electrical goods, do bring a converter as Vietnam is a 2 pin plug country. I was searching everywhere to buy a converter but unlike Phuket, Bali or Cambodia, they don't have mini marts nearby to they hotel. But the nice lady manager from the pub sent her staff to the town to get one for me.

This hotel doesn't have a swimming pool but rest assured, the beach is only about 100m away from the hotel, I spent most of my time there sun bathing. If you're into surfing, this is a good spot to surf too.

One thing I wish they improve on, is their breakfast selection. They had only 5 items in their menu, which includes the drinks!! So I had Vietnamese noodle for breakfast for 2 days in a row..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My cousin in Viet Nam booked this hotel for us because we wanted a three star hotel at a good price. After being at a three star one in Hue, I was a bit afraid. However, this hotel has surpassed my expectations. It looks well-maintained, clean, and very modern. I am especially pleased by the rain shower in the bathroom and wi-fi availability. The bedding and TV are decent. Overall, I am one happy cookie.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Starlet Hotel Danang? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Starlet Hotel Danang

Address: 31-32 Ngo Thi Sy street, Ngu Hanh Son Dist., Da Nang, Vietnam
Location: Vietnam > Quang Nam Province > Da Nang
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Room Service
Ranked #48 of 114 hotels in Da Nang
Hotel Class:3 star — Starlet Hotel Danang 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, HostelBookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Starlet Hotel Danang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Starlet Hotel Danang, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.