Strange holiday, we stayed at the Golden Sands in Hoi An which was meant to be the basic bit of the holiday and then the Hyatt at the end for a couple of nights of luxury. As it was we actually much preferred the Golden Sands which was a bit less shiny but had a lot more character and was much more fun.
On the plus side we stayed in a Regency Club Suite which was huge and beautifully equipped. Shame about the bugs though. And the swimming pools were very nice as was the club lounge.
On the negative side if you've ever been to the Barbican in London, this hotel is an Asian equivalent. Horribly laid out, loads of grey concrete and bright paths without an ounce of shade. Then to get downstairs to our suite you have to go down a dark concrete staircase which just felt a bit grim. Also being in the club meant for some reason that you have to have the continental club breakfast and not the main hotel breakfast for which you would have to pay extra. Seemed ridiculous given the fact the club is meant to be better and my package said breakfast included.
Also while the staff were fine it all felt rather wooden and glum compared with the genuine warmth at the Golden Sands who made such a fuss of our kids and even carried them off at various points.
As for location, got no idea why anyone would stay here rather than Hoi An. The area feels very soulless with nothng but a row of big hotels and no good places nearby to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised on a tranquil stretch of white sand beach between the Marble Mountains and the beachscape of the renowned Nuoc Non, is Hyatt’s newest property in Vietnam, Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa. Our resort has ushered in a new era for contemporary design with elegant Asian touches. The resort feels secluded, yet is just 15 minutes from Danang International Airport and only moments away from the UNESCO World Heritage Town of Hoi An and two international championship golf courses. Its favourable location and accessibility provides the ideal environment for both a relaxing holiday and group events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Danang Hotel Da Nang
- Hyatt Regency Danang Resort And Spa