“Excellent hotel for both relaxation and work alike.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa

You added Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Truong Sa Street | Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Da Nang
“Excellent hotel for both relaxation and work alike.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for both a mix of business and relaxation. I had a 3 day meeting there and both the hotel rooms and conference facilities were top notch. It is definitely a good place for companies choosing a different location to hold their incentive programs or overseas meeting. Hyatt regency danang will definitely be the place I would recommend to others! Cheers to all the staff at Hyatt!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a huge and beautiful property with most of the rooms have a fantastic and breath-taking view of the south china sea. I am mostly impressed with the room as it's very spacious for twin bedded (I was sharing with a girl friend). It is so spacious that it can even fit a L shape sofa setting and a table. We were lucky that our room is the same level with the pool and the beach. Did I mention the view? Oh yes.. As I stepped out to the patio there it was.. The awesome view of the beach.
There are plenty of things to do in the resort itself like rock-climbing, beach sports, kite flying or for those who wants to do less there is the spa and swimming pools. Which I did most of the time. Chill by the pool. We were served this refreshing drink. Can't remember what's in it. Cinnamon? Aniseed? Its not your typical lemongrass ginger drink. But in the sunny and breezy weather by the pool.. That was a perfect drink.
Next to the pool, there is the pool house. Its a bar restaurant. It is a must try the grilled squid served with some sauce. Dip the squid in that green colour sauce. Finger-licking good.. And the fried shrimps. Yummylicous (Slurp!)
In short, it is a perfect relax and chill place. You don't really need to leave the resort as they have alot to offer in the resort itself. The staffs are super friendly and the food is fantastic. But of course there are other things to do out of the resort such as Hoi An where you can tailor clothes in 1 day. There is also mountain trekking. But I chose to stay in the resort and I did not regret.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First the positives, and there are many about this new resort:

The hotel can be reached easily from the new airport - within 30mins of touching down. You are also close to Hoi An (The Hotel provides a complimentary shuttle every few hours and a Taxi back is USD5-10) and the two "coastal" Golf courses. There's also a stretch of good, independent and cheap seafood restaurants in Da Nang town - 15mins by can. Taxis are plentiful and all use their meters - a refreshing change from Philippines/Thailand.

This Hyatt is located a stunning stretch of beach which you can have pretty much to yourself. If swimming, beware jellyfish and stick to designated zones. Rather like Kuta beach in Bali, rip currents are evident.

It is a very low density layout. Some reviewers complain about the walking distances from the room wings to the communal areas and restaurants. Not a problem for us, even though we were located at one of the far ends. While we were there the hotel was close to maximum occupancy but it never felt crowded and we were always able to find a well located pair of sun loungers.

For internet access the Free Wifi worked seamlessly throughout the hotel - impressive.

We lost count of the number of swimming pools - some with faux sandy beaches (great for kids), others good for lengths/chilling. There's also a couple of tennis courts. We didn't use the SPA as the treatments looked a touch pricey.

F&B options pretty good and reasonably priced. Excellent breakfast spread at main restaurant (Green Tea?). Poolside bar equally impressive. My wife and I had a couple of lunches in the hotel; with drinks both came to around USD30. On Saturday night the in house DJ played some good tunes. Cocktails @ USD5 or up again very good value.

Hotel rooms have a pleasing 'eco' design to them. Everything feels new and well thought out. Very comfortable beds with a couch on the balcony.

Our only real problem with the hotel, and what stops it from getting a 5* review, was the service. It was inconsistent and service failures when they did occur were not discreetly handled (too much disagreement amongst staff that was 'front of house'). English language poses major difficulties to local staff e.g. requests for coffee refills at breakfast misunderstood and subsequently ignored. Reception staff were actually fine and handled a relatively complex request without issue, so hopefully this is something that will improve with time.

Room Tip: Avoid being in the midst of large tour groups from the Mainland if you can!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location of the resort was fantastic, being 20-30mins away from the airport and steps away from the beautiful beach. I had a great time getting myself a beautiful tan while enjoying the delicious poolside snack from the pool house restaurant. The room's view was marvelous with the sun, sand and of course the sea. Definitely value for money and I will not think twice for my next holiday destination! Danang is a must-go!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Everything was excellent about the hotel. Service, pools, rooms, location, food. The spa and fitness area is excellent and definitely deserves a call out. The location is perfect only a $15USD taxi to Hoi An or you can catch the free hotel shuttle. The hotel offers plenty of activities or you can venture out for a trek up Marble Mountain or a day of diving or snorkelling at Cham Islands. There is a great area for kids and if you do not have kids you needn't worry about any noise interrupting your relaxation as you will be able to find a spot to relax. I couldn't fault the resort, it had everything and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed March 2013
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I are staying at this new modern hotel complex on Danang Beach over the Easter holiday in a club oceanfront king. The room is spacious and very comfortable, with a lovely terrace on the same level as the pool and beach. Our room is furnished with a king bed, L-shaped sofa and table as well as a modern flat screen TV and sound system. There is a big walk-in closet and a free standing deep soaking tub. The architecture of the hotel is sort of blandly modern -- this place could be anywhere in the world -- and the decor of the main spaces makes wonderful use of texture and pleasingly long sight-lines. Sadly, the complete and utter lack of even small dashes of color (and no art) renders the public spaces not cool, only bloodless.

The service has been consistently well meaning and occasionally excellent. The facilities are beautiful, with several pools and restaurants to choose from. Room service is prompt and the food quality excellent. I think the hotel must be running close to full capacity this weekend, which can challenge even the most well-oiled hotel management team, so there have been small lapses in service, which I will detail below, but very understandable in these circumstances -- especially in Da Nang. While we have been here alone, this is a wonderful place for young families as there is an enormous pool with a sandy "beach" for toddlers and young kids, a lawn to run on and what looks like a really cute group of staff members to entertain the kids.

The beach is hugely wide and miles long with beautiful sand and shells. There are surfboards and boogie boards to rent for older kids. During our stay, the rip currents have been substantial and I watched 2 rescues by the life guards on our first day -- both adult men who clearly knew how to swim. One of the guests nearly drowned waiting for someone to see him struggling, luckily they did finally see him, but he was really in a bad way when they got to him. The beach was decidedly understaffed with life guards -- I only saw one for most of my stay, which is not a safe standard given the dangerous currents. The same goes for the pool area -- there are so many twists and turns to the main pool, the sight lines make it impossible to see the entire area. So parents take note: don't trust that anyone is really watching your kids in the pool or at the beach.

We are having a marvelous stay which would only be enhanced with crisper service and more staff in some areas. The room service, front desk, lobby manager (Daisy! so very helpful and personable) and bell staff were excellent. Housekeeping, on the other hand, was inconsistent -- 2 towels one day, 4 towels another, no towels our third day...) The Regency Club staff was great, but understaffed at cocktail hour when the hordes descend and eat and drink FAST and copiously. There is simply not enough staff to keep up. The lovely Regency Club pool area had one attendant for towels and no waiter, so one could not get a drink or a snack at the pool. I could get up and climb the stairs to the club itself and get a soft drink or water from the fridge there, but often the fridge was close to empty.... The lack of service staff at the pool seems like a major revenue-making oversight. At the main pools -- no staff to come around and ask if you would like to order something. When I went up to the nice guy who was handing out towels, there was one menu there and he took my order and then passed it on to a waiter who came out from the restaurant. This is not a great system as it is rife with the chance for a miscommunication, which of course happened with our food order.

We had massages at the spa, which is a pretty space but once again the service standard was not fabulous, especially considering the prices they charge. I will review the spa separately, after we go back tomorrow for a second try at achieving nirvana.....

Two last suggestions:
1) the thumping techno music from the restaurant in front of our room was unnecessary first thing in the morning and really loud and obtrusive at night. We really came to hear the sound of the surf, not a German Dj's idea of cool. We get that plenty in Hong Kong.

2) The rooms on the ground floor are wonderful for the easy access to the beach but there is no ability to lock the patio doors from the outside, so we had to leave our sliding door unlocked when we went to the beach. The ground floor sliders need a lock on the outside.

In conclusion, I will tell my Hong Kong girlfriends that this hotel delivers a great luxury resort hotel experience at a fraction of the cost one would expect to pay and will only get better with time. I would recommend this place particularly for families and large groups. We have had a very lovely stay.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor in building F -- and had a view of the water, but not the sand of the be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent about three days in Da Nang, our last stop after Hanoi and Hue. I have had the fortune to travel all over Asia and visited many luxury resorts and, unfortunately, this one did not measure up, at least not what you would expect from a brand like Hyatt that is charging $500 / night.

In summary, from the start we were processed like a number with very little regard to our requests or needs. At check-in, we checked in early and were asked we had to wait until 2:00 pm, no issues since we were early. After waiting about an hour and after a coffee on the terrace (which was filthy with spilled drinks and sticky seating areas like a youth hostel), I inquired about our room at 2:15. Sure enough, it was ready. But nobody really remembered who I was and what it was I was asking about. After explaining the situation, they finally found the key. The person charged with showing us to our room then couldn't find our luggage. After several minutes of frantic searching, they found it, thank goodness. After we arrived in front of the room, neither key worked. The poor Hyatt employee, very embarrassed, ran back to get new keys which took about 10 minutes. At a 5-star property, the staff should never forget who their guests are, temporarily lose their luggage, or have them wait in front of their rooms for 10 minutes.

We had requested a room/residence in the building closest to the beach when making the reservation. At check-in, this was neither acknowledged or responded to. A simple, 'sorry we can't accommodate your special request' would have been ok. I have had better service in any Chinese Crowne Plaza!

The restaurant choices were good. However, the hotel seemed so fully booked that the staff was unable to cope with the large number of tourists from the Chinese mainland. While we would wait in line for a table, Chinese hotel guests would walk straight past us (i.e., cutting in line) and take whatever table they liked. When I pointed this out to the restaurant manager, he admitted that he had no power to do anything about it. Shame on you, Hyatt, leaving your employees without direction on how to deal with antisocial behavior. The same happened at the buffet lines, where Chinese tourists pushed everyone else aside and put in meal orders before it was their turn.

On check-out, I had to remind the staff at the front desk that we had airport transportation inclusive in our room rate. I reminded them about six hours before our departure. Even then, I was handed off to several people and it was only the 4th person who knew how to book hotel transportation, in a room somewhere in the back. At most normal hotels, one can just walk up to the concierge and things are arranged quickly and without hassle.

The only thing in the hotel that exceeded my expectation and would be commensurate with a $500 / night accommodation was the pool. It was amazing with lots of corners to hide and play with the children. And it seemed to be the one place the crowds seemed to avoid.

In summary, guest expect a certain level of exclusivity when staying at a 'Hyatt' property. This was completely missing. The hotel was fully occupied due to Chinese New Year and the hotel staff was unable to manage the property at full occupancy. This was, in my view, the cause behind all the issues we saw. But I am now much more careful when faced with a choice of hotels. In hindsight, I should have gone with the Intercontinental which has never disappointed me before.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!