“Nice BBQ buffet with a beautiful view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mercure Danang

You added Grand Mercure Danang to your Saves list
Grand Mercure Danang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Green Island | Hoa Cuong Bac, Hai Chau District, Da Nang 59000, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
SUMMER HOLIDAY OFFER
Ranked #15 of 137 Hotels in Da Nang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Da Nang, Vietnam
“Nice BBQ buffet with a beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I came here again for the Pool BBQ buffet. The food selection in this buffet is great, I enjoy it.
From the Pool, you can have a wonderful view of the colorful Tran Thi Ly Bridge.

In the restaurant, they also have the live music. So if you want to have a relaxation weekend, come here every friday night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hi my first time staying in Mercure Danang, very impressed with service, to the rooms with fresh flowers, and views overlooking the river, the gym is amazing, the touch screen for the treadill, the ability to record your level and the cycling (wish my own gym had this sought of equipment).
We also tried the Chinese restaurant , some quite impressive dishes such as the chicken feet, the crab dumpling soup, our waitress Kim Tuyun provided us with a flawless experience at the restuarant.
I would definetly recommend this to others who are staying over night in Danang.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thalang, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Breakfast in the hotel is quite bad .seem likly no more choice for choose and the line for buffet is close very fast. i had been readsaurant for breakfast around 9.00AM but i couldnt find a good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Chiro_baby,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We are a bit confused about your comment as we operate breakfast until 10 am.
We will make sure however that the buffet is always refilled until our last customer and that our standards are maintained at all time.
We hope that you will give us a chance to serve you better next time.
Best regards,
Mathieu Lacabanne
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I didn't actually stay at the hotel. I was waiting for a flight and decided to try the Karma spa, because it had a promotional package.
When I arrived at the hotel I was welcomed by Mr. Huu, who I think is one of the managers. He was so accommodating and friendly. I had explained to him that I was waiting for a late night flight and had decided to get a spa treatment and have dinner at the hotel while waiting. Mr. Huu totally took care of me. He even escorted me to the spa. He invited me to wait at the hotel lounge when I finished my treatment. He even arranged for airport transport for me. He went above and beyond in making me feel like I was a guest. I had a delicious dinner at the restaurant and the host was also very attentive and friendly. Overall the entire staff was so welcoming and accommodating. Even the lounge bar tender gave me water while I was waiting. The hotel itself looked modern and clean. I didn't stay in a suite, but the spa was beautiful and had amazing amenities, not to mention that the spa treatment was excellent.
I have told so many of my friends about the excellent level of service that I received simply as a walk in patron. If I return to DaNang, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel. I really want to thank all of the staff at the hotel for such wonderful service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Parma, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. As it is on the edge of the town on the Green Island it's in a very quiet location along side the river. Taxi's are plentiful and economical too but most evenings I would take a relaxing walk down to the town which is only 20 minutes or so walk allowing you to develop your appetite. A relaxing town too a lot quieter than Hanoi for example.

I travel for work and this hotel had one of the highest levels of service I've seen.

Room Tip: On the riverside.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a super modern hotel (1.5 years old) with a great staff, very good restaurant, excellent gym. It is very clean and has two computers for use in the lobby. My friend and I needed to change our airline ticket and the hotel manager offered to have the hotel shuttle take us directly to the Vietnam Airlines office instead of a taxi. He also offered to put a large wicker basket (a souvenir) in a cardboard box so it wouldn't get damaged with the luggage on the plane. The best, personalized service! The spa is so clean and beautiful...had a 3-hour treatment for $75USD that included massage, body scrub, mani/pedi, sauna, steam.

Qld
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here in Feb 2013 for 5 nights while trying out the local golf courses. Brand new hotel with modern chic atmosphere. Hotel receptionists were very welcoming and check in took about 5-10 minutes which included money exchange.

The room was one of the best I've had in a long time. Nice decor, the bathroom was well decked out, the huge shower head was a treat. The view, while not overlooking anything of real beauty was good enough watching the guys weld in the rain on the new bridge ha ha crazy! Beds were real comfy. Hard to get out of some days.

The first night I took part in a Sat night BBQ seafood which was 400,000 (AUD$20) which included all you could eat and drink! Got my coin worth on beer alone! Was a bit windy that particular night but had a good Vietnamese band playing (rare).

The host (Stefan) was very accommodating to all guests and went out of his way to make you comfortable. He introduced me to another Aussie and we hung out a few times.

I opted for room service late one evening. The menu was large and prices were fair. Service was excellent. I also took advantage of a massage after golf one evening, bit pricey 950,000 (AUD$45) but still worth it. Awesome facility and great ambiance for a relaxing massage.

There is a bar, while not busy it still serves drinks till late.

Laundry service was speedy, if you get it in before 10am it will be hung in your wardrobe by the time you get home. The rooms have an electronic safe also.

Taxi is available right outside the hotel. About 60,000 to town (AUD$3) where there are some bars and what not.

Overall - Worth a look if your budget suits. Its about 2,000,000 / night (AUD$100) but you will pay 3 times that in Aus for the same thing.

Room Tip: I hear the rooms on the east are better for view (where I was)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MercureDanang, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Cam02,

Thank you so much for your nice comments.
The Friday BBQ is indeed a success and fantastic value for money.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,
Mathieu Lacabanne

Been to Grand Mercure Danang? Share your experiences!