“Needs polishing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mercure Danang

You added Grand Mercure Danang to your Saves list
Grand Mercure Danang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Green Island | Hoa Cuong Bac, Hai Chau District, Da Nang 59000, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
SUMMER HOLIDAY OFFER
Ranked #15 of 137 Hotels in Da Nang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Needs polishing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My second business stay with this hotel was less than satisfactory. The staff, including porters, receptionists and room service could hardly speak a word of English - very unhelpful when I needed help communicating with the taxi driver who dropped me off. The first room I checked into smelt strongly of cigarette smoke (even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room - on a privellege floor). Second try at a room did not smell, but TV hardly worked - most of the channels that did have reception did not have sound. No internet wifi. When the room service attendant brought my dinner, for some strange reason, my drink came about half an hour after my meal - very inconvenient and no explanation. No gym or salon. Not walking distance to anything.

2 redeeming stars for the receptionist who promptly moved me rooms.

Unfortunately I have to stay here for business frequently, but will try to stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a room with good wifi - very hit and miss.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The service was slow at the beginning for this newly opened hotel which is normal for central Vietnam but it has now picked up. I have spent around 15 nights all together at this hotel. I can recommend it for any business traveler that visit Danang since it has good meeting facilities, free wifi as well as a good enough gym for a morning work out. The breakfast buffet is also above average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here for a day and a half and it was a great experience. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is about a year old so everything was nice and new. I used the room service three times and during the day it was quick. One time I ordered ice around 11PM and it took them a while to deliver to the room, but still not bad. The breakfast buffet was good.

I noticed that others have said the location is out of the way, but I didn't find this a problem. There were quality taxis (Mai Linh Taxi Company (green cars)) on-site every time I needed to go somewhere. I was on business so I pretty much knew everywhere I had to go and it wasn't a problem to get where I needed to go. One note on taxi's avoid the yellow taxi company (I think they're called Tien Sa). I had a bad experience with one of their drivers and heard from one of the Mai Linh drivers that that company is a bit "shady."

Anyhow, the hotel was excellent and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Samut Prakan, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

front office reception was very lazy and ignore my request for transfer to airport and told me told me to take cab though I told him when the shuttle bus was parking at the hotel, very disappointed with staff service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Mercure Danang in March and from the moment we arrived every effort was made to give us the most wonderful stay. The hotel itself is great for the price but it was the staff that make this a truly exceptional hotel. We were provided with extras before we even knew we needed them, from arranging bike hire through to the smallest piece of advice. Without a doubt, the staff and service was the best we received on our honeymoon in Vietnam.
Unfortunately I have left it far to long to write this review and have forgotten the names of the wonderful staff (should have written that down!) but I would like to offer my thanks and appreciation at helping make our honeymoon. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Da Nang - Sam and Tony Hoskins.

Room Tip: As of March, 12 there was a lot of construction around the hotel so view is not as great as it will...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a fairly new hotel so still some work to do around the grounds but the hotel itself we found great. The hotel provided free airport transfers and we were greeted by a smiling driver who chatted all the way to the hotel. Check in was done in the lounge as we had a suite and all the hotels services were explained. Our suite was fantastic, but then being new everything was in perfect condition. The service in the lounge was great, and despite reading reviews of language barriers we did not experience this in our 4 days there. Tour information was very limited but as we had alredy worked out what we wanted to do they were more than happy to contact the companies and arrange them for us. The food was good but limited selection in the lounge for breakfast but still overall satisfying. The location of the hotel on Green Island is a bit remote so you need to get a taxi anywhere, but then taxi's are cheap so it's no big deal. Overall the hotel is great and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Mercure Danang? Share your experiences!