“Magical luxury on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Maia Resort

You added Fusion Maia Resort to your Saves list
Fusion Maia Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Khue My Ward | Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Early bird/Min stay offer
Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Da Nang
Melbourne, Australia
“Magical luxury on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I came to stay here for a weekend of pampering and that is exactly what l got.
Talk about fantastic value for money in a 5* Resort. All the spa treatments you can fit in plus luxury private accomodation with private pool, courtyard, lounge, plunge bath, king bed, lush linen and towels with a very modern glass bathroom with floor to ceiling glass so you can see you pool and garden from any angle. The swing TV was pretty funky as well you can swivel the TV so you can watch it in the bath or in bed. Also l was given an Ipod at check in to use in the docking station in my Pool Suite.
The resort is set out well with a large infinity pool with pool side dining restaurant/bar right on the beach and the gym opposite so you can work out watching the pool and ocean. A great place for sunset drinks, Gordon's Gin and Tonic is only $3.50 what a bargain. The food at Spice the poolside restaurant where you can dine all day was fantastic, the ceasar was delicious, the dips at $5 l though was great value, tasty and very well presnted. The Vietnamese Bento boxes are great value at $10 and very generous with 5 different tastes. The breakfast buffet was exceptional probably the best l have ever had! A fantastic selection and beautifully presented! Choices of Eggs Benedict, Grilled Steak, Spinach Souffles, Japanese Bento, Pancakes, Waffles, Wild mushroom Frittata, Full English, Pho and Fried noodles are all available a la carte as well as the buffet. I ate in the Main restaurant in the evening and also thought this exceptional value for a 5* hotel. Bar drinks very reasonably priced as was the wine list and menu. Dishes start at around $7 up to $26 for an Australian Fillet. All the food was delicious and beautifully presented once again, best resort food and most reasonable prices l have had in a long time. Can't wait to come back for my next spa pamper!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

we spent 10 days at Fusion Maia and we were extremely pleased with almost everything. The resort is brand new (less than 1/2 year) the concept is great. We do not know of another resort that includes all spa treatment in the room rate. If you enjoy spa then this is definitely the resort to go to. The private villa concept is also amazing. Each room is in fact a private villa with private pool and private garden. The room lay-out, with enormous sliding windows on almost half the outside walls gives it a very open feel.

The staff is probably the highlight. The attentiveness and service is unparalleled in our experience in south-east Asia. Every wish we had was fulfilled and no request was denied. Even thou, the English of some of the staff was not perfect (yet) they did their very best and with the number of staff in the resort, there was always someone available who was able to help should there be a communication problem.

Even thou there were quite a number of families, we are not convinced that it is the best family resort. Water sport facilities are limited and considering the room rates, the use of body-boards and surf-boards should be included the room rate, also considering there were no lessons available.

The restaurants were very good; however, the restaurant "Five" was in our opinion too expensive (western prices - average 2 course dinner for two: USD 100) Due to the location away from the city, options where to eat are limited. The solution, take shuttle to Hoi An (UNESCO world heritage site) where you find an abundance of restaurants, bars and shops at very low prices.There was lots of resort building activity along the China Beach (where Fusion Maia is located) and the eating situation might probably change in a couple of years.

Overall, an amazing resort that we would go back to in a heart beat. We have great memories and highly recommend this resort to anyone!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Pool Villas were great, very private, own pool and courtyard,accommodation on the wole was excellent. Spa treatments that are included in room rate were great. Great service overall. Food in restaurant also good and free shuttle service to Hanoinvery convenient. Wouldngo back for sure.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I REALLY enjoyed my stay at Fusion-Maia, I could've stayed at the resort the whole time and not gone to visit any of the sites around town. It is truely a place for rest and relaxation and a feeling of beauty...I didn't want to leave. It took me a little while to understand the concept at first because it was so foreign to me that I could actually get UNLIMITED spa treatments, to my hearts desire...didn't think that was possible!... and why I would highly recommend this place to any spa lovers out there, especially since I payed as an extra guest in addition to my parents, for only $50 extra and got a comfy extra bed and also the Unlimited spa treatments and breakfast !...hello value!...By the way, you should ask how the breakfast works, b/c I didn't know that I could get it 24/7 and at any place I wanted. Aside from the breakfast, I ordered from the Dinner menu at the cafe, the Best Ceasar Salad I have ever had, very unique and very tasty in the way they prepared it... it is a bit pricey, like U.S. prices, but I felt that it was worth it...where else are you going to get that kind of food in Da Nang?

I was very impressed with the beautifully designed villa style rooms that really felt inviting, clean, luxurious and very private. The rain shower heads, loved them. Was amazed that each villa included a small infinity style private pool with a little courtyard. They also had free wi-fi so I could enjoy surfing the net.

The staff was great, excellent service, very personable, attentive, and friendly, and they give the space and privacy that I expected at a place such as this. Other neat thing is they offer a program of daily activities where some activities are included in your room price, I took a Vietnamese class given by one of the staff, no one else showed up, so I had a private 1 hour class for myself, nice!

Overall, the experience was a true thumbs up, the only few thumbs down were, that the weather was not so great, quite chilly in December, in the 60's-70's, I really wanted to swim... so i would recommend going after February when things warm up a bit...and also since it just opened, it seemed that they were still working out some of the initial operational kinks, like cleaning the floors of some of the main areas and getting the spa scheduling running smoothly . It was also confusing at first to understand this new concept, like what was available/included in my stay there...so please ask them so they can clarify for you.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I truly appreciate excellent service and extremel good food. I was more than satisfied with that at the Fusion Maia. I have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, the Four Seasons hotels and resorts and I had an exceptional stay at a new five star and that was awesome.

The people were so friendly and helpful at Fusion unlike those at the Nam Hai.

I noticed the waterfall in the spa... like a heaven.

I liked the stay. I am sad I did not make this my honeymoon.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Having been to Danang a number of times and have been staying at the other resorts over the last 3 years , basically short stays and so we decided to try this new resort. The rooms are large and well appointed and with the ptivate pool nice. however the rooms are built too cramped up. The spa session was a little disappointing seems the massage staff not good enough with their skills, suppose it;s still new . Anyway how many sessions could I have in one day one was enough for me and for my friend too. We did not do any food in the restaurant as the prices were on the high side and had our meals at the 4 U restaurant and at Hoi An old town. Next time will we stay in Fusion Maia , not likely as there are abundance of resorts new by and providing much more for much less.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

My 16 year old daughter and I were travelling through Vietnam and read about this resort whilst at Ho Chi Mihn Airport lounge. We booked on line and headed there for 2 nights, we ended up staying 5...We didnt want to leave! After travelling for 10 days through Vietnam this was a welcome change of style of acomodation.
The Resort is beautiful, and very welcoming. The whole ambience of the resort is luxurious yet friendly. The villa was a welcome retreat. It was a great place to relax and be spoilt. The spa experience was fantastic, although some treatments varied depending on the therapist. The spa itself has been well thought out and delivers high end service with all the touches of the finest hotel, only it was all included in our room rate.
The food was fantastic in both restaurants, and the availability of breakfast at any time was a great option. We had very poor weather during our stay unfortunately, but couldnt have been in a better place to enjoy the room, spa, gym and service.
We did go to Hoi an on the complimentary shuttle and have some great clothes and boots made also.
I only have some minor feedback, and that is there was never enough hot water to fill the luxurious sunken bath tub in the room, and It would have been nice to have some email follow up from the hotel after our stay, which would have been a nice touch.
None the less this was one of the nicest resorts I have stayed in and am considering returning for my honeymoon in April.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fusion Maia Resort? Share your experiences!