“Perfect relaxing resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Maia Resort

Save Saved
You added Fusion Maia Resort to your Saves list
Fusion Maia Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Khue My Ward | Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Tripadvisor Fans, 12% OFF
Ranked #1 of 117 hotels in Da Nang
New York City, New York
“Perfect relaxing resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for our trip around SE Asia. This resort was hands down the highlight of our trip. The staff was very accommodating and easy to understand. We were greeted with drinks and taken to our private villa. Every unit has a private pool which is a unheard of for the price it is. The spa treatments were also complementary which was lovely! Breakfast is included in the meal, and was some of the best food we had the entire trip as it's european, american, and asian fusion. The beach is nice for what it is, very quiet. But the pool and seating by the beach is very relaxing. There is a shuttle that goes to and from Hoi An a few times a day which made it very easy for us to spend time in the town but then venture back when we wanted. I have no complaints from this resort, I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for relaxation in a zen and modern setting.

Room Tip: We had the Standard Villa, and depending on where it's located, it could be close to the spa or...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fusionista_11, General Manager at Fusion Maia Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We're thrilled to hear we were the highlight of your trip! Thank you also for appreciating the great value that the resort offers (considering private pool and spa treatments are included)

893 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I simply didn't want to leave. It could be anywhere in the world but the Fusion really is paradise. The pool villas are spacious, clean and well equipped. The spa is brilliant. The beach and pool areas are clean. The staff are very nice. I simply cannot fault it.

• Stayed February 2013
Such a pity you could not have stayed just a little bit longer! Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Still a long way to go. Waterbottles in room more than 6 months old. Staff very nice, but in general unable to communicate. Simply not acceptable to be adressed as "handsome man". Not being stiff upper lip, but if you want to be up market attention to customer approach is essential. Food Ok, but the menu should be changed more often. Public area should not be polluted with background music. Very annoying if you want "peace and harmony". Final point..louds of charter groups which made it more of a beach hotel than anything else. Frankly the hotel as presented in marketing advertisments is quite misleading. Very nice garden/pool, but if you seek peace and quite beware of all the kids. And.. Beware of potential accidents both in room and going to the Spa in the evening. Little light as you can miss the steps. Bathtube in the room is not for sleep walkers. This hotel is "a Must" for American ambulance chasers,

Stayed February 2013
Fusionista_11, General Manager at Fusion Maia Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Claes, we were very dissappointed to read the review and thank you for your comments which we will address, as received feedback during your stay. Perhaps we have a chance to make your next stay that you are planning for 2014 more comfortable for you.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

we were very impressed from our first contact with the hotel fusion maia who dealt with our delayed arrival with no problem.The facilities are just as described on the website -we had a spacious modern style villa with our own pool and wonderful bath and shower area. The main infinity pool and restaurant area are beautiful.The twice daily shuttle to Hoi an was a bonus as we alternated between eating in Hoi an in the evening and shopping in the day time. Our treatments at the spa were wonderful and we were timetabled together which meant that we could enjoy the rest of our time at Hoi an and the resort together.We enjoyed the busy new year atmosphere in Hoi an and the calm atmosphere at the resort.Breakfasts were great and we found the staff very pleasant and attentive.Special thanks to duty manager Trinh Phan who came with us to the doctor in Da nang when my husband was taken ill (and to the manager who covered for her absence and had called the doctor for us very quickly).We felt well cared for and my husband recovered quickly so that we could carry on our trip to south vietnam.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fusionista_11, General Manager at Fusion Maia Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Vietnam. We've passed on the kinds words to Trinh and she sends her regards. Thank you for the lovely review.
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

FACT.....If you don't have a great time at this hotel then you may as well give up on travelling, stayed at some truly top end hotels and this beats them all.

Accommodation, service and attention to detail is impeccable, you are made to feel truly special by everyone from the top to the bottom.

We stayed over Tet which due to our ignorance didn't realise so this made the hotel busier with Asian families than I imagine it normally would be as this is a big family time for them. We ended up with a family next to us which made it a little noisy around our private pool at times, mentioned this to one of the staff in general conversation at breakfast and half hour later we were packed and moved to another room. Nothing is too much hassle and in fact the same young lad Jack who had kindly arranged this for us also sent a cake, arranged breakfast on the beach and a romantic flower bath for our anniversary that we a barely mentioned a week earlier in a brief conversation. He's only been here a week himself so God knows how good he'll be when without doubt we come back next year.

I don't often use spa's but my wife frequently uses them when we're on holiday and she rates this one as the best. The professionalism of all the staff is amazing and truly unexpected from what can still be considered an emerging nation when it comes to tourism. I found myself in there more than my wife having wraps, massages and even facials (although I'll keep that one on the down low from my mates). All the therapists are wonderful and I guarantee you won't have a bad treatment, some did stand out however...Ms Sang, Ms Bey and Ms chau were absolutely exceptional.

The restaurant staff are also fantastic, I don't know if it's the recruitment process, the training or the Vietnamese people in general but I haven't had better or more polite service anywhere in the world. We were looked after by Ms Van during our two week stay and she was fantastic, super professional, very friendly and nothing was too much effort. We had Ms Mai on a few occasions and she too was exceptional. I've only mentioned a few staff that we mainly interacted with but everyone we dealt with was great.

Get this hotel on your bucket list, visit Vietnam before it gets too commercialised, spend more than a couple of days here to exploit the lovely empty beaches and surrounding mountains as well as Hoi An.

One slight improvement would maybe be too accommodate the families on one side of the hotel and couples on the other where possible, this hotel does promote peace, relaxation and tranquillity and I feel this would help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fusionista_11, General Manager at Fusion Maia Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We'd love to use your "Fact" quote in our stories, so will be in touch soon - it made our day! Thank you also for the feedback regarding the families, we take this to heart and ensure we can improve on this. We've passed on all your personal compliments to the spa therapists and Jack who sends his regards.
Teignmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having an extremely taxing year starting up a new business I was ready for this holiday, however, it did look too good to be true and having stayed all over the world at some of the best branded hotels including the Four Season's and eaten in some amazing restaurants including Rick Stein, Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver...... my expectations can be a bit high. To my delight and surprise, having booked it through the discount site Voyage Prive, both myself and partner never failed to be extremely happy at every turn throughout our 12 night stay.

The rooms were decorated, fitted out and cleaned to very high standard (we loved the sunken bath looking out onto our little swimming pool in our private garden). The food, especially the breakfasts (you could have anytime of the day, anywhere you pleased in the hotel) were fab and every night when we went to bed we found ourselves discussing what we would have the next day as the choice was so good.

What I found to my pleasure, as we all have to budget but still want the best out of a holiday was there was no surcharge for room service, never a lack of bottled water in our room (some days we had as much as 4 bottles each) and for our half board anything on the menu was included.

The service from the hotel to Hoi An was brilliant and the Fusion Maia lounge was like an oasis in the dessert for our weary shopping trips where we were able to put our shopping in a locker, have a glass of wine, some lunch (charged to our room) and venture back out to shop or simply take in the sights and sounds.

The spa was to die for as the treatments were well thought out and done by some very well trained and competent therapists so all treatment's were of a very high standard, followed by a refreshing herbal drink. Do not miss swimming in the spa pool and standing under the waterfall, great fun.

What really made our holiday was the staff, not just the odd one but all and considering there are 300 I take my hat off to the General Manager, Michelle who does such a good job and manages to achieve all it takes to run well, a 5 star hotel. They were so lovely and what was even nicer is that they were genuine and didn't feel they were just nice hoping for a tip. They say the balinese are lovely gentle people but the ones we met could definitely give them a run for their money.

The excursions were well thought out and planned, we really enjoyed Tai Chi on Marble Mountain with Minh, great experience. I am now learning the Yang 24 posture form, at home (never thought that would ever happen)!

Both myself and my partner would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will almost definitely be back and would like to very much thank Michelle and her team for making it one of our best holidays.

Room Tip: All are good as everything is to hand and peaceful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen, thank you for your wonderful review and it's so great to know it was one of your best holidays yet. We'll let Mr Minh know you enjoyed his Fusion Explorer tour doing Tai Chi on Marble Mountain and that you're still practising at home, he'll be thrilled!
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I stayed at Fusion Maia for 2 nights during the Tet holiday and it gave us a perfect end to our Vietnam trip. Their pool villa were spacious, well-equipped and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious with plenty of choices. The beach was beautiful and you could just take a 30 min ride to Hoi An. Every guest could have 2 spa treatments per day and it was wonderful. The staff in Fusion Maia were very nice, helpful and patient.
Fusion Maia had offered us a fantastic experience and I would definitely stay for more days in this hotel in my next visit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It's always a nice compliment to hear when guests wish they could stay longer! You've also captured some lovely photos. Thank you for sharing!

Been to Fusion Maia Resort? Share your experiences!