“Already Excellent, Time to Fine Tune to be Great..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Maia Resort

You added Fusion Maia Resort to your Saves list
Fusion Maia Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Khue My Ward | Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Da Nang
singapore
“Already Excellent, Time to Fine Tune to be Great..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We arrived from singapore on tiger/vietnam airlines few days ago, was a tiring and long journey but were pleasantly surprised by the nice ambience of the room upon check in. The room is very new, with exellent quality material all round. Nice porous marble flooring, granite sunken bath and shower, solid wood bed and other furniture pieces. The private pool is super, made of granite, the room we got, and i suppose the rest of the rooms at the resort, get excellent sunlight througout the day. Its 0700 hours in the morning and I am writing this while the sun is already shining into the far edge of the pool. Speaking to some of the locals at Hoi An yesterday, they mentioned it being summer, sunlight hours are slightly longer,.

The resort sorroundings is also very well done up, they certainly did not stinge with the materials used. There are about 60 odds villas in the resort, but the well thought out layout still makes for a feeling of spaciousness.

There are two common pools, the main infinity pool facing the beach and sea, and the spa pool at the spa with a strong and pleasant waterfall. The main pool is very nice and clean, most of the sun chairs and beds are here. The beach is fantastic, one of the best i've been to. Better than Bali/Lombok, Cherating, Maldives in terms of "swimability", Very similar to kata in Phuket with finer sand, shallower water, stronger waves and much less people.

The waves are excellent for body boarding, but unfotunately, there is charge by the resort of 5 dollars per hour usage. Which brings me to the resorts down points.. the spa facilities like the rest of the resort is new and top notch interms of quality, but the service has area for improvement. reserving treatments was like a lottery with only obscure slots available. For some reason as well, out of all the guests we observed, we kept getting the male therapists, which is okay for me, but the wife was a bit uncomfortable. Quality of massages, I suppose is working progress, but the reservation services need to be simplifide and made more transparent. There is a reservation advisory which says "advance reservations are accepted after 1800hrs for the following day" but we observed many people reserving in advance, we even stole a glimpse of some guests emailing in advance a list of the treatment they wanted throughout their stay, before they even arrived!!"

A second area for improvement is the language. On our first day, we had some trouble communicating with the resort staff, but, being new to vietnam, did not mind this too much. However, upon our visit to Hoi An, at the tailors, the workers there spoke excellent english and made us wonder if the resort could get customer facing staff that could speak a certain level of the language, the overall service level would be superb.

well, thats that for now, the sun is shining in even more and calling out to us to start our day...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you want confort, privacy, good food and friendly staff go there. The rooms, spacious, well decorated and big enough make you feel the price is worth it. The room we stayed in with private pool make the experience even better. Pool in you room, beautiful pool outside to enjoy the sea view and a very clean and beautiful beach. Perfect mix.
Staff is very friendly, the spa service needs a little bit more time to settle as the hotel is new. They need a bit more time to adjust minor details, but in general you feel staff in general wants you to have a good time!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Fusion Maia resort is extremely nice! The building, location and area is so beautiful! The rooms with private pool is excellent and very nice! The rooms are spacious, very tasty decorated and with a great bathroom. The food was a bit pricy, but very nice. It was very convenient with the shuttle bus to Hoi An, which we used several times. The staff was very friendly. The only slight dissapointment was some of the spa treatments, as they did not last as long as advertised and were not allways as "inventive". However as thus was included in the price (although the hotel is pricy!) it did not matter that much.
We loved our stay at the fusion maia, and would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here for 5 days in June, three days in a Pool Suite and two days in a Grand Beach Villa with two bedrooms.

The Pool Suite was beautifully decorated. It is spacious and provides a separate sitting are and direct access to the private pool. Bed was very spacious (approx 2 meters wide) and both bed and pillows were comfortable. Bathroom has a bath tub and a rain shower. Bathroom amenities were good and we found everything we expect in a resort at this price range.

Joined by additional family members, we moved into a two bedroom Grand Beach Villa on our fourth night. It provides the same as the Pool Suite, but everything is bigger, better and it is more secluded. It is a perfect choice if you want to stay together with friends and family.

Breakfast buffet is sufficient with stations for pho, fried noodles, eggs and omelets. In addition you'll find sausages, bacon, dim sum, mushrooms, fried rice and an OK selection of bread and hams. We expected a bit more variety and selection at this price range.

During our stay at the Fusion Maia we had one private dinner for two in our Pool suite and a garden BBQ for 15 people at the Grand Beach Villa. Service, food and execution from the hotel staff was great.

As for the spa services, we enjoyed the spa area and the treatments we booked. I found quality to be good and we did not have any problems booking more than 2 treatments per day as someone has mentioned here earlier. Variety of treatments could have been better.

The hotels is located in area which doesn't provide much other than the resort itself. For us this was no issue, as a taxi "downtown" would only cost you around $5. Free shuttle to Hoi An three times a day.

Pros
Spacious rooms, comfortable bed, stylishly decorated, private pool, spa included, service, every request was fulfilled, good value.

Cons
Some might find the location a little boring, should be more activities happening in the resort, if you have children there are no separate pool for kids.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Our stay over four nights had many plus points and just a few minus.
I will begin with the positive. The villa is spacious, fresh, clean, with the theme being squares. The mirrors are square, the door knobs, the bedside lights, the tub, etc. Makes for a fun theme. The decor is neutral with beige's, browns and slate colors. Bed and pillows comfortable with decent linens.
The bathroom spacious and the sunken tub, no bubbles, big enough for two. Pull the blinds and you can look out to the private pool. The shower is all glass and you can pull the blinds and look out over the garden and pool as well.
There are three sets of sliding doors leading to the outdoor living/pool area. One set from the "bedroom", two sets from the "living area". The two areas are not separated by doors, but are in an L shape surrounding the pool.
The pool is a very good size and we really enjoyed having a swim before breakfast. The entire area is very private surrounded by a 7 to 8 ft block wall. Private swimming at its very best. A little sitting area to the side with overhanging bouganvilla make it a lovely place to sit and read.
The public areas of the resort are well done. The infinity public pool a nice size considering all the villas have a private pool. They have some large lounging beds to the side of the pool on the grass, making this a very inviting area to lounge out of the sun and have lunch.
We ate in the main dining room and had a really good noodle dish with foie gras, expensive I guess for noodles, but it was really tasty. We also had two meals at the pool dining and found these pretty good as well. I loved the grilled clams. I also had a private dinner set up on the beach for my husbands birthday. The service provided by the staff was fantastic. They set up a table with linens and surrounded the table with candles. We chose from a set menu and while the western food was good, we did find it a bit bland. Having had a few dinners over the years on various beaches around the world, I do think they could have done just a bit more regarding the beach decorating considering the price charged for the dinner. Having said that we were still very happy with the end result.
Last but not least breakfast. We sat outside on the balcony surrounding the main dining room to stay away from the chaos inside. While they provided a nice enough buffet, food was always running out. There were many large family groups and once they descended look out. It was like an ant invasion carrying off all available food. Thankfully the helpful staff would bring an item to you table if you asked. They had al a carte available to order from as well, but we like the asian style breakfast the best.
We swam in the sea and walked on the beach in front of the resort every day and did not find it full of garbage and were surprised at how really nice the beach was. This was the best beach in all of the resorts we stayed in while visiting Vietnam.
Now for the spa. The treatments are NOT unlimited. The max you can get is two times 50 minutes and they often slacked and you got about 45minutes. We love our spa treatments. These treatments really did not come up to scratch. My husband had four massages: two were terrible, one good, and one very good. I had a bit more luck: a crap pedicure, one okay massage. one good, and two pretty good. The consistency of the treatments are just not there. It was really hit or miss depending on the therapist you got. My husband thought it felt like get them in, get them out. It did not feel like the blissed out experience we have had at many, many other spas. And we have visited a LOT of spas over the years, at home and on holiday. The spa area is very nicely done and quite beautiful. But for example they have a line up of oils, but you are never given the chance to smell them or select the one you would like. We did not even fill in any questioner that most spas require before any treatment. They tell you to come 20 minutes ahead of time, if you did that you would be sitting there waiting for quite a while. All in all this was the disappointment of the FM.
However, in saying that I would stay here again if the price point were the same. I thought the villa very lovely and the staff worked very hard to provide the best experience they could. We did not have a problem with the level of english and found you just had to speak a bit slower and select the words you used. This is their country we are visiting as I believe they try very hard with the english language. My vietnamese is terrible and I tried. At least I got a good laugh and a lesson.
Any questions, PM me and I will try my best to answer them.
The cost to take a taxi to Danang was approx. 120 thousand. We did not have any problems with taxi rip off.
All in all we would stay here again. We like the size of the hotel, seemed more like a boutique hotel. But I do hope they change their advertising concerning unlimited spa and up that part of the game. We also had free wi fi.
A lot of new hotels are on their way. A new Hyatt and Pullman were being built just done the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa closer to the main pool area.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed there for 3 nights with hubby and a 6 year old boy. Very happy with Fusion Maia.
Room is excellent, simple yet modern and very spacious, nice bed, very decent private pool, good amenities, nice shower and bath tub. The only minus is that ipod/ipad dock is not working.
Common pool is right in front of the beach, very nice! The day bed surround the pool is pretty awesome, nice place to chill out! The only minus, not much tree to keep the place cool - well, can't blame them too much, it is summer!!
Breakfast is good, lot of varieties and you can choose where you want to it, we tried by the pool - very nice a la carte breakfast! We saw a couple having breakfast in the beach - very romantic! We like the pool restaurant, pretty good food with reasonable price. We dont like the main restaurant, FIVE, food is average only, I expect more!
Spa is EXCELLENT!!! Unlimited!!! They guarantee minimum 2 treatments per day per person, at one point I had 3 treatments a day, how cool is that!
The hotel offer activities such cooking class etc - I didnt participate, too lazy hahaha...
Entertainment room is equipped with PS3 and billiards, my son enjoy the PS3 of course! Their library is not really a library as not much book/magazine.. there were some but either in Russian or Vietnamese languages :(
Service is good, people are genuinely want to serve despite their lack of English, not a big deal for me!!

Overall we're very pleased and when we shared pictures with friends & relatives, they all curious about Fusion Maia!

Room Tip: Tips: ask for room closer to main pool/beach!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Overall experience was great - good breakfast, spacious n well designed room, mostly friendly n helpful staff. I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights - I thought it was a perfect holiday until the last night 21/6. My neighboring room was making enormous noise at the wee hours - yelling, screaming, loud music, slamming the sliding doors to the pool in their room. The hotel staff was so inexperienced of how to handle this kind of inconsiderate guests but to allow them to disturb other guests who wanted their sleep n peace. Noise didn't stop until ~3am. Besides, due to the shared aircon compressor, I have to inhale whole night of carbon dioxide (cigarette n cigar smell) coming from the next door via my aircon. This was certainly a big blow to my holiday. Whether would I return to this hotel? There r plentiful new n world class resorts mushrooming around there, if fusion Maia doesn't improve their 'crisis' management skill, they r not only losing me as customer but others who want peace n safe holidays......

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Fusion Maia Resort? Share your experiences!