We booked this villa for some relaxation time after visiting other parts of Vietnam and was really looking forward to resting on a beautiful beach and romantic meals over looking the sea.Booked ocean view,not much of a view where our villa was. We was very disappointed, after spending more to stay here than any of the hotels during our trip to Vietnam.The villas were fine although too large for just the two of us, comfortable and clean. The lack of facilities in the kitchen didn't bother us as i had no intention of cooking, though i can see this would be a problem for families. Despite 3 bathrooms ,only one had a shower and as the water didn't drain away quickly, the next person to use the bath room, had to wade through water.
The things that really bothered me were no outside furniture, so having your own pool was pointless when you couldn't sit in the sun and dry off afterwards. The outside bath was dirty so we never used it and the beds on the beach had no mattresses or cushions, so you had to lay on a hard wood bed. The beach was beautiful and clean and laying on it should have bean heavenly, but just ended up being a test of endurance because the beds were so
uncomfortable. Also the restaurant was over priced for the food you got and drinks were very expensive, double what we paid for beer any where else. They new you couldn't just walk to another bar as nowhere else to go for a drink. We ended up getting taxi's into Da nang most nights rather than stay and spend money in the restaurant getting ripped off for drink prices and eating mediocre food.
The frustrating thing about this place is that for relatively small out lay and a small reduction in drinks prices, this place would easily get five stars. Just some outside garden furniture, some padding on the sun beds and i would have been more than happy. I also would have spent a lot more in the restaurant and bar if i didn't feel i was being over charged. The location really is lovely and the staff were friendly and helpful.There also was a free shuttle bus into Da nang leaving at 9am and returning 4pm, which was a nice touch.
If i went to Da nang again i would stay in the city or near the main beaches where there are nice comfy sun loungers and large selections of bars and good eating places.
Da nang was a fun place to go out in the evening, and i would recommend Rachels bar/restaurant on Bach Dang street,very good food and excellent English speaking staff, and 17 Saloon bar for live music and fun atmosphere. Also don't miss the fire breathing dragon bridge at 9pm on Saturday nights.
Stay at Son Tra resort for beautiful location, but stock up on beer and food supplies before hand and take inflatable lilo's for comfort to lay on when outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Son Tra Resort & Spa is located along the crystal clear bay and private beach. Behind is the tropical misty forest mountain that adds to the place’s charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HostelBookers so you can book your Son Tra Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Son Tra Resort And Villas
- Swiss-Belhotel Son Tra Resort & Villas Hotel Da Nang