My god this place is ridiculous. The best part is the cable car ride. first of all I am going to just say that I was there recently in january. taken there with a tour planned by footprints vietnam. I think it was extreamly stupid to send us there on a very very foggy day, I had no Idea what to expect.
Reasons why you should Visit bana hill
- The view, if the weather is clear
- If you want to waste a day
Reasons not to visit it:
1. It is still under construction until 2013 (started in 2007!!!). I find this really really retarded, I saw pictures on the plasma screens and roads and everything seem al right. This just means that either they are very selective with how they choose to photograph this place or they built everything out of low quality materials.
2. The Hotel seems very disapointing, even though I didnt stay there i had a look around and it smelt of mold and was just gritty and unapealing.
3. It is a disapointment to the land it is built on. On the top of the hill there is a pagoda, and a giant budda statue (no idea if this is old). It has real opertunity for ecotourism and self sustainable tourism if you give it chance. maybe set out some trekking routes. even though there is a lack of animals it could be such a nice place for a 1-2 day trek...
I had such a bad experience there so there might be some bias to my story. Overall if you are short on time and heading between hue and hoi an just go straight past this place. Spend an extra day in hoi an, it is much more pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Truong Son mountain range 25 km to the SW of Da Nang at an altitude of 1487m and one hour by road from Da Nang lies the Bà Nà mountains. Its temperate climate, unspoiled forest, and spectacular views over the city of Da Nang's awe-inspiring bay and the Lao mountain range made Bà Nà a past popular place to retreat for the French. Today the area still attracts locals and tourists alike. YOUR ROAD TO HEAVENLY SCENERY… Sitting in the VIP cabin, mid air, looking upon the endless tree line of the forests, guests will be able to enjoy breathtaking views of the lush jungle and waterfalls along the way. Experiencing the pristine ecological system of the Bà Nà mountains will bring you a sense of unforeseeable discovery. Beginning its inaugural service this March 25th of 2009, the Bà Nà Cable Car carries guests to the mountain tops within minutes compared previously to almost an hour by road. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ba Na Hills Mountain Hotel Da Nang