“Good food, good karma” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 207 Restaurants in Da Nang
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
“Good food, good karma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I love the concept of employing deaf people that would not otherwise have jobs.
Put this aside and you still have a very good restaurant with fresh and tasty food.
We had burgers followed with the brownie. All very good. We really loved the brownies!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
“Best Brownie Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I can completely agree that this restaurant deserves a number 1 spot for the food, but not the service. I had a pulled pork sandwich which was amazing and my partner a cheeseburger which he said was the best since being in Asia. We followed this with a hot fudge brownie which was the best I have ever tasted!

The restaurant is a great cause and its nice to be able to give something back even if it is just by having a meal. However I feel the service is very poor. There were quite a few staff members around but they were not attentive at all, they seemed more interested in one another, their mobile phones and the computer which is a shame. We had to ask several times for things which I find irritating as when a restaurant isn't hugely busy the staff should be giving you their attention without you having to ask for it.
I would return again as the food was great but if I received the same service then I wouldn't be back after that.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Da Nang, Vietnam
“So many good things have been said about BofL.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I go now every morning after a 20 minute walk along the Han riverfront. Who has that much to look forward to each and every morning? I do. Fruit, yogurt and muesli with milk and honey, grande double espresso cappuccino one morning, a big breakfast the next next. Well worth the walk along the beautiful riverfront after dodging the busy motorbike commutes. That wakes me up! They open up in an hour, so I need to get ready. CU There! Ken

Chicago
“Terrific Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Bread of Life was right across from my hotel and on a whim I went to check it out. The food was great: I had a chipotle chicken sandwich which was as good if not better than any chicken sandwich that I have had in Chicago. I followed this up with an ice cream sundae - their dessert selections are impressive. The food was as good as I have had thusfar in my trip. I only wish that I could have gone back the next day but they are closed on Sundays.

Da Nang Vietnam
“Good ole down home American cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you are an expat traveling through or living in or near Da Nang Vietnam you MUST pay a visit to the Bread of Life restaurant. They offer a classic American style menu with new items being added all of the time as well as specials such as a traditional Thanksgiving meal at that holiday.
This is a project that benefits deaf Vietnamese young people. Most of the Vietnamese staff are deaf but that does not in any way take away from the quality of the service or the food.

Not only will you benefit from a high quality meal at very reasonable prices you will also be supporting a very worthwhile project that is enabling young deaf Vietnamese to earn a decent living in a safe, clean work place.