“want to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Hoi An
perth
“want to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

this is a top little find, great value, nice people, good food, clean room basic but nice, the front desk make this place,i had a great time with them, they were warm helpful, family orientated, i wanted to stay longer,i have the fondest memory of my stay, and wish to return to wonderful Hoi An, and this top hotel, thankyou all for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

Myself and 2 friends stayed at the Hai Au Hotel during our visit in Hoi An. We were all extremely satisfied with our choice, as we really enjoyed our stay. The location is close to everything, and we found the hotel clean, safe, and comfortable.

But the BEST part about the hotel was the friendliness of the staff. All the girls were such a joy to be around, they really became our friends during our short stay. They helped us arrange everything, and after only 2 days, we felt just at home. I will stay in the Hai Au Hotel the next time I visit Hoi An, and I would highly recommend staying here to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Hoi An, VIetnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

We checked in and straight away the staff were so welcoming. I have been part of a tour that had already gone through around 10 or so hotels as we were doing the Indochina Loop with Intrepid and definitely, this hotel stood-out. The staff were ALWAYS friendly and even sometimes a bit flirtatious. The food we had was excellent, the banana pancakes especially were great. The rooms had everything you would need when you are on the move. And what a relief to see a swimming pool. Was the first hotel to actually have one throughout our tour! There was also the free internet and wifi access which made it so easy to keep in touch with family and friends.

I have to come back to the staff who were superfriendly. Especially Yummy, yes, thats her name. She remembered every guests' names and made us feel right at home.
The hotel is located in a very good spot with a few minutes walk to the tailors, shops and restaurants that make Hoi An famous.

Definitely recommend this hotel for anyone that is visiting Hoi An, you will get the sevrice of a lifetime and will want to come back to visit such a great place!

• Stayed December 2009
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

This is a great hotel located in a lane way in Hoi An. The stand out feature are the lovely ladies at front reception who remembered all our names and our room numbers (well, they tried very hard too but sometimes got mixed up :). Room is clean, nice with a little balcony. The bathroom floods a little when you shower as there is no curtain but this is only a very minor flaw. Has air conditioning and renting bicycles is a must (at 15 000 Dong a day why wouldn't you). They also have motor bikes for rent at $5 USD per day - this makes for a great trip to Marble Mountain.

Next time I visit Hoi An I would stay in this hotel without a second thought.

Fabulous value for money!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Mt Isa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

We really lived it up in Hoi An. This hotel was great. It was well located and we could walk to everything. The shopping for clothes was superb. This hotel is very nice and we liked it very much.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I stayed at Hai Au for nearly three months as part of a student group while taking a university course, so I really know the value of the hospitality and good service this staff has to offer! I still miss everyone a lot and if I travel to Hoi An in the near or far future, I know for sure where I'll end up!
Because we stayed for a longer period, the hotel gave us very decent discounts. Apart from the friendly staff you can enjoy a lot of fresh fruit and eggs for breakfast; you can rent yourself a bike and see the town and the beach; hang out by their charming pool, or take a short walk to the nearby Old Town and market area..
Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2007
Hoi An
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

This review goes out to the staff because if it wasn't for the there most friendly hospitality this would not be as warm and friendly! The girls up front where amazing with the best friendliness in town! I would come back in a hart beat! The staff both in the kitchen and in front where fabulous and warm! I was most well looked after and everything I needed here was looked after ASAP! I want to tell anyone who stays here will be well looked after! I stayed 4 day and this was the one of the best hotel hands down! If I travel to Hoi An again I will be stay for a month in this hotel! The hotel rooms where clean and very roomy!

Sincerely; Rick Sayers

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hai Au Hotel? Share your experiences!