“good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 85 Hotels in Hoi An
sydney
“good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good location, straight walk down to Japanese bridge and riverfront.
room big, clean, with small balcony. Bathroom good, plenty hot water and with bath.
Reception staff helpful, printed off tickets etc for us.
Breakfast, they had plenty, but they put it all out, then don't keep it hot. So coffee, tea, hot water jugs all cold. I asked for a cup of hot tea, and they still didn't boil the kettle, just lukewarm. My husband then said please 'boil kettle' then they did. Restaurant staff all to busy sitting watching the tv in restaurant and eating own breakfast. Also breakfast finishes at 9.30, most places would be 10am.
Pool okay, but could do with a clean, looked like film on top.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Vietnamese first
Hoi An
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We were shocked about the uninteressed, impolite and unhelpfull staff. We are traveling from south to north Vietnam and have seen different hotels, this was the most unpleasent of them all. Rooms are ok, but not as nice as you would expect for the amount of money you are paying. The internet was lousy and de WiFi wasn't adequatly working. Skip breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is a budget hotel and had inconveniences like the wifi did not work in my room, there was a sewer smell in the bathroom from time to time (even in the one on the first floor), the breakfast was not good, but the reception staff was not friendly which was the reason I would not go back. They took my passport and told me to come back to get it, did not tell me what time breakfast was and just had shuffled me to my room. The person who helped me with my bag was very friendly. There is no safe in the room and I did not feel the door locks to be very secure. I thought the bed was very comfortable for this type of accommodation. When I went to check out, I did not realize it was cash only (my mistake, it is listed in my booking confirmation). The mini bar did not have a price menu in the room. I used a big bottle of water and it was 50,000 dong? Other places I stayed in Hoi An were 30,000. Part of the reason I booked there was the pool, there are about five lounging chairs and the rest are sitting chairs, in case this is important to you. I would try a different place next time in Hoi An.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wollongong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We only stayed here for one night, as our last hotel was booked out when we asked if we could extend our stay. The staff are rude, unatentive and unprofessional. When we checked into our room we noticed there was no towels, so on our way out we asked reception if they could put some in our room. When we returned 4 hrs later there was still no towels, so we went down to reception to ask for the towels again, and they told us that they would send some towels up straight away. After another 45mins no one came to give us the towels and we once again asked reception, but this time saying we would wait until they gave us the towels, to when reception told us the hotel had actually ran out of towels and they could only give us hand towels for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a volunteering group. Rooms were large.
Mattress on beds were foam with circular holes which were not very comfortable so avoid if you have Ani back problems! Loose wires (probably out of use) hanging from the walls and bathroom wasn't dirty but looked like it had seen better days. You can hear next doors bathroom clearly. The water from the shower was not very powerful and never that hot. Breakfast wasn't very nice but toast was available so kept it simple. Hotel is away from the centre so not so noisy- unless your room is on ground floor and near to the pool.
There are defiantly nicer hotels to stay in Hoi an.

• Stayed July 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 8 days in the hotels family room just next to the pool.
Nice and close to town but WAY too Much noise from staff all Night + from other guests hanging around the pool.
LOUSY breakfast - had to skip it several days.

• Stayed May 2013
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is my second time at this hotel and this time stayed for 3 nights with a friend.

Room price was great, and it was clean and our room faced the pool, which we thought was great... Until for three nights in a row this hotel magically transformed at 10pm into a backpackers hostel with people partying in and around the pool until at least 3am every night. Then the cleaners would start banging and chatting at 5am.

The beds are hard. Super. Hard.

The pool is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are not bad at all.

I could hear the bloke in the next room blowing his nose in the shower and coughing and spitting most days, which was also a great treat!

To be honest though, apart from my sleepless nights on a bed I'm sure was made of concrete, the hotel serves its purpose. We weren't in our rooms much as we were touring around and wandering the beautiful streets of Hoi an. This hotel is in a great location and the staff are quite helpful also.

So stay here if you're on a budget, but remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Thanh Binh III Hotel? Share your experiences!