“Words somehow seem inadequate” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel

Save Saved
You added The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel to your Saves list
The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Hamlet 1, Dien Duong Village | Dien Ban District, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 80 hotels in Hoi An
Singapore
“Words somehow seem inadequate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

It’s difficult to know where to start writing this.
Let me go through the downsides first – erm- none.
So on to the plus points – I don’t have enough time or room but -
The place is amazing.
The location on the beach was outstanding.
The airport pickup flawless to VIP standards.
Check in - an experience in efficiency . The transport to the villa spot on.
The villa- staggering was like living in a designer palace and the amazing thing every single thing you may want (plug adapters- etc etc) all in place already
The layout of the hotel grounds is amazing and its like a paradise on earth.
Restaurants extremely good and to be honest while not cheap – very fairly priced – you get what you pay for I always feel with food.
I could go on (and on).
I have said in reviews many times before staff make or break a hotel and this was so obvious at the Nam Hai. From the GM Mr Anthony Gill and his in house manager Walter, (I wont say down to) to the huge team of staff who make every minute here and experience every single person contributed to a wonderful experience. I had decided that I would mention some of the service superstars by name but that would be very unfair as every single staff member was outstanding.
Thank you all, you can be justifiably proud.

Room Tip: any room at the Nam Hai
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1,026 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

After 3 amazing days at the Sun Peninsular in Da Nang I was more than impressed with our 3 totally relaxing days at the Nam Hai. A very different resort but equally as good and a tad more enjoyable for me as we had a beach front villa which was just sensational. Watching to sunrise from the comfort of bed was magical. I loved every minute of our stay & will be recommending the Nam Hai to my Brother for his up & coming honeymoon. I will definitely be returning & very soon I hope!

Room Tip: Beach front Villas close to the main areas are definitely the go.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter H, Manager at The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We were delighted to read that your enjoyed your stay at The Nam Hai and are considering recommending our resort to your brother and his future wife for their honeymoon. We would be happy to welcome them and provide them with an equally memorable stay. Thank you for your visit and we hope we will see you again soon. Walter Hess, Resident Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Upon checking in at the Nam Hai the staff were incredibly attentive and the grounds proved amazing. Words do not do the views and facilities justice. We befriended several members of the staff during our stay and just loved the experience. My wife and I spent three nights in a beachfront villa and couldn't have been happier with the room or the view. I would recommend the beachfront option since some of the villas while technically on the sand were a bit removed from the ocean.

If I had to nitpick I found the meal and drink prices a bit excessive...I've paid less for food and drink at top hotels in very expensive cities but it was minor annoyance compared to the incredible experience.

• Stayed July 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here with another family July 2013. We each booked 1 bedroom pool villa (villas # 6030 and #6040). The room was perfect for our family (2 adults/1 child). My son slept on the daybed and we had a King bed.
This hotel is amazing! The staff here are the best in the industry. Everyone was so wonderful.
Our Butler, Hung, was very helpful. He booked everything for us and coordinated all the activities for both families. He even ironed my clothes and had our dirty clothes washed and folded.
We just came back and we already started talking about our next trip to Nam Hai.
Tips:
Book a villa (lots of great amenities with a villa)
Book spa treatment (my husband loved it so much, he booked a massage a day after his treatment)
Book a bike tour (super fun seeing the rice paddies and farms)

Room Tip: Book a pool villa.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Nam Hai is almost unbelievable. It is like they thought of everything!!!! From the minute you walked up to the front desk to the beautiful roses in your room. But first, I must tell you about the amazing manager of the Nam Hai. I had a raging sinus headache and and eye infection when I arrived. I was so pleased that they have a nurse on site. After seeing the nurse it was decided I needed medicine she did not have. The manager was able to get me into emergency care. When they told me when I could come in, the manager said it was not soon enough. She called them back and got me in sooner. She arranged a car to take me to the clinic. It sure saved my vacation. I will always be grateful to her. I feel care and concern! After I got back from my appointment she called me in my villa and asked if I was okay.
I loved loved loved my villa. It is so very unique. You must go to their web page and watch their video. It just simply amazing. Makes you happy to be alive.
I love the peaceful library, the most beautiful spa I have ever been at, the 100 yard pool, the outdoor shower "in" your room, the VERY attentive employees, the person only job it is to sweep up fallen flower, the laundry service...I could go on and on but being a foodie, I mus say,oh how I loved their breakfast. The buffet was like nothing I have ever seen, then on top of it, you can order off a menu...get this, eggs benedict, and the most amazing passion fruit flavored sauce I've ever had. OMG, I ate it every morning as the staff waited on me hand and foot.
I'm not a writer..I wish I was because I'd love to have YOU know what an amazing place this is so you to can go to HEAVEN on Earth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Walter H, Manager at The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at The Nam Hai. We will pass on your compliments to the manager who assisted you with receiving medical attention when you needed it the most. We trust you have fully recovered and are back in the saddle by now. We also appreciate your comments about the sumptuous breakfast buffet and our team in general. Once again, thank you very much for having stayed with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Walter Hess, Resident Manager.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

this was the most amazing experience. A group of 7 of us traveled from around Asia and Australia to meet here. OMG it was sensational. We had our own villa (3 in total) which had sunken bathtub, canopy beds french doors opening out onto an infinity pool that lead onto the famous China beach. Coconut trees, music, cocktails, butler at our service, sun beds.....it goes on. The breakfast buffet which was included was sensational - huge selection of Asian and western foods to choose from. Little golf carts and bicycles to drive us around. www.thenamhai.com Thank you to Debbie Chee from the Resort for making this possible.

Room Tip: Beach Front villas are just the best as not all villas are beach front with an infinity pool. Go ear...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The Nam Hai is a pearl. The grounds and the buildings are absolutely beautiful, the pools huge and the food is great. What sets it apart from everything we have ever visited is - as always - the people. Everyone from management, hospitality staff and service personell did everything they could to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We stayed a week and would come back anytime - pity Norway - Hoi An is such a distance.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel? Share your experiences!