We stayed at The Nam Hai from the 8th - 14th April ( 6 nights ) in a one bedroom pool villa for our first year anniversary. The weather we experienced during our stay was not the best, but it certainly did not hinder our enjoyment staying at the resort or exploring Hoi An
We were greeted by a Nam Hai representative at the airport and were escorted to our private vehicle to transfer us to the resort. The drive was a relaxing 30 min and once we arrived were introduced to our butler and swiftly swept away to our villa for smooth check in
- beautifully maintained villas that are already a few years old
- we stayed in villa no. 2100 and it is literally a few metres away from the beach with a beautiful view. We could hear the sound of the waves while relaxing on our pool lounges and during the night while you're sleeping. Sometimes, it seemed just perfect and surreal
- we really loved the lush dark wood decor they used throughout and to us, it had a very luxurious feel. I can truly say villa 2100 looks exactly like the pictures shows on The Nam Hai website
- the villa compound itself was quite large and we thought the separate building for living/dining a bit of wasted space for just 2 people as we never really used that area
- some people have commented about the different 'levels' in the villas, but this was not a problem for us. During the night if we needed to use the toilet subtle sensor lights would automatically illuminate on the floor so you can easily see where the step is
- laundry was an included service every day during our stay and it was convenient as we had gone through several wears of clothing before arriving. A simple pleasure of being able to pack freshly laundered clothes for our trip back home
- all the staff at The Nam Hai are friendly, but we felt a bit of 'warmth' missing. Sometimes, it felt automated
- we experienced only a few staff who were more confident in their english, but even then it was difficult to converse as their pronunciations of words were difficult to understand. It lead to a few awkward moments where we kind of just nodded and smiled
- we don't expect perfect english, but we felt their level was below par to other resorts we've stayed in around the world with the same price point. For example, we asked staff at the beach restaurant how a certain dish was cooked and they really had difficulty finding words to describe how it was prepared
- the resort runs on a very relaxed time, particularly the staff at the beach restaurant where we had experiences of food coming out slow ... but, really we didn't care! Soak in the magnificent view and relax
- the resort provides complimentary shuttle services to Hoi An several times a day which is great as it encourages you to venture out of the resort
- we were kindly provided with a late check out, which provided us extra relaxation time as our flight was not scheduled until the early evening. This was very much appreciated
- we're fans of asian cuisine and my husband and I both agree that The Nam Hai has the best food we've eaten at any resort we've stayed. I have no idea why some people have reviewed that they did not enjoy the food or think it was at a high level
- delicious, fresh and a lot of the time organic as they have a large herb garden with full time staff that attend to it. We also thought the pricing was fair for a resort like this as the quality was very high
- if you find that you're craving for something not on the menu, don't hesitate to ask as they try their best to cook it for you. My husband loves stir fry morning glory ( water/river spinach ) and it wasn't on the menu for lunch, so he asked if they could cook it for him and it was absolutely not a problem
- we had their seafood buffet on a Saturday night and the grilled seafood they offered ( lobster, crab, calamari, prawns and different types of fish ) was so fresh and tasty. The best grilled lobster we've had in a very long time
- they tend to offer the same exact breakfast buffet offerings everyday and we were little surprised they don't try to rotate the variety like Banyan Tree does, but still very good quality with traditional Vietnamese breakfast options
- great, but not the best we've had
- my husband communicated on their preference sheet that he preferred to have firm pressure, but his therapist seemed to perhaps not understand when my husband requested firmer pressure on the massage table ( again, low level of english here apparent )
- we are surprised that they do not provide comment cards after their treatments. How do they gauge the level of satisfaction and the skill of their therapists regularly? I personally would have liked to fill out a comment card to express my suggestions immediately
- we found many of the guests to consist mostly of Brits, Americans and Australians and only a small number of Asians
- families with young children and young adults were abundant. We found all children were all well behaved and were kept in check by their considerate parents and nannies. The Nam Hai has a rule of families with young children to use a separate pool to ensure all guests stay comfortable
Overall, we had a wonderful stay at The Nam Hai and highly recommend you to experience this resort at least once in your life! Just do it!
If your budget allows, get a pool villa and request a beach view
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you very much for having selected The Nam Hai to celebrate your first wedding anniversary and for providing us with comprehensive and detailed feedback about your stay.
Report response as inappropriate
We will pass on your kind comments to our employees who will relish hearing you spent a wonderful holiday. In terms of training, we will continue to assist our staff with improving their English skills, may it be listening comprehension, pronunciation or building vocabulary, something that will assist them in communicating in their own words with confidence.
As for timing of food at The Beach Restaurant, we will review this with the relevant Department Heads to ensure the pace is relaxed yet precise. We will also gage on how we can build more variety into our breakfast buffet, especially for guests who are staying for an extended period of time. We appreciate your suggestion of implementing a comment card system in the spa, allowing guests to provide feedback after each treatment. We will assess how we could implement this.
Once again, thank you very much for your warm comments and for spending your anniversary with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again next year for your 2nd anniversary. Walter Hess, Resident Manager.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.