“Great budget hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grassland Hotel

You added Grassland Hotel to your Saves list
Grassland Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Hai Ba Trung Street | Hoi An Old Town, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #43 of 92 Hotels in Hoi An
“Great budget hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a nice big room with a balcony overlooking the lovely pool area. It was very clean and comfortable with good amenities.

The staff were warm and welcoming which made it feel more like a guesthouse. We arrived at 9am off the train and they let us check in early. We joined the buffet breakfast that morning for $3 each (it was included for the nights we booked). Breakfast was pretty good and included a yummy strawberry jam.

Location was good, out of town but still within walking distance. Good restaurants close by. The hotel offered use of bicycles and it was only a 5 minute ride to Ancient Town and a 10 minute ride the other direction to the beach.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great place to stay. Staff is excellent, helpful and very pleasent. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Nice pool and decent breakfast. Free shuttle to town too! Free bike rental included which comes in handy because of it's close proximity to everything.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came there several times, when I did not spend the night "under the coconut tree" (google it). The staff was incredibly nice and the rooms clean. I love the people there. A bit unusual for Vietnam, they treat you as an equal being. Which means, they treat you very much as you treat them. I had a great time there!
Any arranged transportation was on time, you get even free bikes to cycle to the beach or downtown. And the pool - I usually give a sh** about pools - is picturesque and a pure pleasure in hot Vietnam. And for free once you checked in - But careful, it`s not so easy to checkout again since pure holiday feelings come up there. Safe, quiet, and helpful, non-cheating or hassling people around. And the beautiful centre of Hoi An not even 10 minutes away on the bicycle.

Room Tip: Best rooms are above ground floor. Very best ones to the back side where the pool is.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

On arrival you get a free drink and some fruits, which is a lovely, welcoming gesture. The staff do not stop working and pleasing all the customers. They were extremely kind and considerate when I was unwell.

The rooms are comfortable and clean, however, we were at the front of the building and it did tend to be noisy with traffic.

The breakfast is a buffet with quite a variety.

Thank you so much Grassland hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location - halfway between the old town and beautiful An Bang Beach, both of which you can reach within 10 minutes or so on one of the hotel's free bikes. Rooms are very nicely furnished. Prices are reasonable. Pool is a gem - we (and many other guests) spent many hours by it. And we had a family room overlooking it, which was lovely.
The only reason we haven't given 5 stars is because we were very concerned to see that the staff were working very long shifts. This is in no way a reflection on them. They were always incredibly helpful, friendly and upbeat, though they must have been quite exhausted. But we hope that hotel management might take notice of this and do what they can to ease the burden for them.

Room Tip: At the back, overlooking pool, is very nice. The front (facing street) may be OK as well. Probably o...
Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
GrasslandHotel, Manager at Grassland Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear SIr,

On behalf of the hotel, thank you very much for your choosing to stay.

We was so happy to read your comments
Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you!

Once more again, Thank you for your positive feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a nice hotel very reasonably priced. It's a bit of a walk from the centre but if you are happy walk 20 minutes or cycle it's no problem. Hoi An is very bicycle friendly with good wide roads and quiet traffic, unlike most of Vietnam. The best thing about this hotel was the level of service I received. I needed to extend my visa while in Hoi An which proved to be impossible in the time I had given the new 2015 visa regulations. So I had to organise a very complicated visa run to Laos. The receptionist, Leh, sorted the whole thing out for me booking everything I needed. Finding out the new visa regulations (something I found impossible to do myself online to the level of detail I needed) and booking the subsequent trip took lots of phone calls and time to arrange. Leh kept me informed at every stage of all my options. It was really the best possible customer service for which I was very grateful.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Mr Daniel,

Warmest greeting from Grassland Hotel, Hoi An, Viet Nam. Thanks a lot for your great comments and time you spent with us and hope to see you next time.

I will tranfer your comments to Ms Le and to be sure she is happy to read it.

Best regards,
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For the price this hotel has to be considered. Combined with a more than adequate breakfast and a free bicycle, it is a great place. A bit outside the hectic old town, but on the road to the beach, it is a wonderful location, from my perspective. The staff were helpful and cheery. It has an elevator, which is a plus. Without hesitation I recommend it for a week or more!
Finally, I asked the staff to check airfares for me for the next part of my trip and they found a fare lower than what I had found on-line. Suggests to me they are honest and not padding the price with their own commission.

Room Tip: Best to ask for room overlooking the pool, but the street side is good as well, which is where I was...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
GrasslandHotel, Manager at Grassland Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Ms Daniel from Canada,

Greeting from Grassland Hotel, Hoi An.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you very much for your choosing to stay.

Best Regards,
Mr Hoang

Been to Grassland Hotel? Share your experiences!