“Grassland was home.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 77 hotels in Hoi An
Timpu
“Grassland was home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went back to Grassland after going further up North and returning. The view of the back was so beautiful that every time I think of it my heart smiles. There was a rice field and people tending it. Downstairs there is a restaurant and their juice is great and fresh. I especially loved their bonsai garden and often reflect on that as a dream of which I would like mine to look like. THere are bikes that I constantly used from there and would always grab a sugar cane juice on the river. I didnt do any of the tours from there but the staff were constantly dear and I was very happy to see them again.
I was by myself but it would have been great as a couple as the rooms are huge with lots of space. In one direction is the river and there is a white budha so you know you are 'nearly home'. THe other direction is to the beach which was a bit rough and hot for me but on the way is water buffalo and that was a dream. I tried the pool. The garden was beautiful and they had some kids dancing. Dreamy place.

Room Tip: Second level is better for a view down.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ubud, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was a total surprise. We got in with a woman who worked for the hotel at the bus station just winging it on e we arrived and went with her hoping for the best but not expecting much. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. The rooms are really nice, clean and have great light. You even get a balcony! Also, their pool is phenomenal. Staff is awesome!!! Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Grassland hotel was probably the most deluxe hotel we stayed during our 25 day tour of Vietnam. Our room was huge and had a private balcony overlooking the pool, garden and outdoor dining area. The staff were friendly, remembered our names, and also helpful with making recommendations.

The hotel offers free breakfast, free bike rentals, as well a free shuttle to Old Town. We mostly biked to the Old Town but it’s a 20 min walk and you can always walk one way and shuttle the other. We also walked to this hotel from the “Yellow Bus” bus stop from Denang.

Wifi also worked great. We had a late train out of Denang and the staff gave us towels and let us use the shower by the pool. You can book a shared mini-van to the Denang Airport or Train station for $6/pp, and the car picks you up from the hotel.

We booked our hotel online and got a “Book 3 nights pay 2 nights” deal, otherwise this hotel would have been out of our budget!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found this place through fellow travellers. They wanted to charge us 20 dollars for a double at first but we knew that the people we knew only paid 21 dollars for a triple room. After telling them this, they quickly dropped the price to 16 for a double. Afterwards we heard that others were only paying 12 but for what we got, 16 was still ok for Hoi-An's inflated prices. The room was huge, bathroom clean, fresh towels everyday, the swimmingpool was lovely and very clean and the breakfastbuffet was awesome! We're backpackers so used to tiny rooms that just need to be safe and clean :) Although for us the price was a budgetbuster, we very much enjoyed our stay here and the luxuries we got in return was worth the money! Staff was very helpful and very nice. They rent out free bicycles and have a free shuttlebus at fixed hours taking you to and from the centre, since's it's quite far away from town. There was one incident where the cleaning lady had left our door wide open for I don't know how long, but at least the 15 minutes I was in our room getting something and no one from the cleaning staff coming in... That bothered me, I like my room to stay locked after I leave it :) But nothing went missing and these mistakes can happen, after telling the receptionist she immediatelly called the cleaning staff and told them off (or at least that's what I think she did based on her tone of voice...). I would definitely recommend this place for people going to Hoi-An!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A rearly lovely hotel just out of main area,friendly helpfull staff,very clean and comfortable,and even had a lift, for anyone with bad knees and of my age and still wanting backpacker prices this was a godsend

Room Tip: my room was excellent and even thought it was on the 3rd floor the hotel has a lift which for the pr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

As a low budget traveller, I was surprised this hotel gave me so much for the price: Excellent bedrooms, hot water all day long, balcony, comfortable beds, it had an indoor swimming pool at that time, I see now they added a new one outdoors, which is great. The best surprise of the hotel were the bikes they lend you: Hoi An on a bike is wonderfull!! Don´t miss it! I would like to visit again Vietnam soon, I will stay at this hotel again if that happens.

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony bedrooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GrasslandHotel, Manager at Grassland Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Ms Caro-San,
Greeting from Grassland Hotel. We still remember you have been here second times.
All we love you so much. And this time, Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and your great feedback. It is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you.
We wish you recommend our hotel and see you in the next time
Best regards
Le Hoang- Management
Brackley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. We got a free pick up from where our bus dropped up off to go and look at the hotel, with no pressure at all to book a room. At first we thought it would just be a free lift into town, but on seeing the hotel and nice rooms we booked it. It is a little more than what we would pay, but with the free bicycle rental, breakfast buffet and pool is was more than worth it. The breakfast was lovely, as was the pool. The staff sorted our laundry and onwards bus journey and couldn't have been more helpful. The bike are a great way to get into town as its a 20 min walk to the riverfront where most of the action is.

Our only criticism is that we could hear the water pumps from our room (403), but not too much of a problem as it wasn't going off when we were sleeping, and the water pressure was great in the shower!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grassland Hotel? Share your experiences!