“Adams family feel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 85 Hotels in Hoi An
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Adams family feel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

4 of us booked 2 rooms here for 3 nights. Upon arrival , the hotel appeared to ne very worn down from the outside except for the pool which looked great. From the moment we stepped inside , all 4 of us immediately had a bad vibe and feeling of the hotel being suited to that of you would see in a horror movie or belonging to the adams family.

It was almost like we were expecting basil faulty to appear from behind the reception desk.

Instead we were greeted by a very friendly girl who was ever so nice.
We checked in and were given 2 deluxe river view rooms on the 3rd floor. Our passports were taken by reception to be held during our stay which I thought was odd as I have never had to hand over my passport to any hotel ever before. But we didn't argue and went with the flow.
The lovely little girl from reception took us up to our rooms. It was very obvious and we made our way to the rooms that the hotel had well and truly seen it's days and even though the hotel was suppose to be old, it was not in good shape at all.
We got to our room door and the receptionist spent several minutes trying to unlock the door with a old style key and lock in the door. As we waited for her to open the door we could see the door itself had holes and Cracks in it which made it quiet easy to peep thru to view inside the room.
Eventually she unlocked the door and as we went in the very musky smell hit our noses instantly. We could see straight away that the room was dusty and not clean at all. Bed had stains, lamp shades were disgusting , shower/bath was filthy and didn't look hygienic at all.

beleive me I am not fussy at all so for me to notice it to the point where I was gob smacked and my mouth was wide opened as I glazed around the room , shows that it was really was bad. My wife was in sheer horror.

There was a balcony so we opened the very dodgy door to the balcony which had a handle from the inside but not on the outside and locking the door was a simple turn of the handle which then put a rod into the floor - I could have quite easily pushed the door open with little force while it was supposedly locked.
With no safety deposit box (safe) in the room , we were reluctant to leave any valuables in the room so we decided to carry them on us.

We went and seen our fellow travellers in the room a few doors down to find they had the same feeling about the place too.

Honestly , none of us had a good feeling about staying at this hotel at all.

So within a few hours of checking in we decided to check out and forfeit the money we had paid and move to another hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This was supposed to be my relaxning hotel on my trip from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh. But from the start I got the feeling that I was not welcome in the same way as the other guests.
They were not rude or nothing, there was just no service, and not at all what else could be expected for the price of the room.
The price of renting a bike or a motorbike at the hotel was to high. It was a really bad bike i rented for 0,5 us more then at any other place!
The pool is alot smalle then the pic shows!
And dont come late to the breakfest. Then there are only the leftovers!
Will never book or recommend this to anyone.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Da Nang, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have a very bad experience here. Poor-trainning staff (even receptionist), room is so so but not worth the price, expensive in my opinion. Location is bad, and I found cockroach in my room. Never return again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Tuross Head Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed 5 nights Good size room, breakfast was good eggs cooked the way you wanted and I love the war they cooked an omelette with only chopsticks, staff very helpful and friendly, lovely swimming pool, free shuttle bus in Old City Hoi An and taxi back A$4.00. Just a short walk to beach, went paragliding of whatever you call being towed by a speed boat A$25 what a deal.
Only con air con in room kept switching off after about and hour

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was fantastic, beautiful rooms, great pool and fantastic staff. We had scooters so it was perfect for us, handy for the beach, and a short ride to the town centre. I would definitely come back and stay here, maybe for a bit longer next time.

Room Tip: 4th floor has great views of the river but any room would be ok.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three days. Was a good location short bike ride to town centre and an bang beach. We hired bikes from the hotel.
It is a little tired looking but rooms still clean and good size.
Breakfast wasn't great and I would just go into town and go to the many cafés there instead.
Staff were friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Positive part:
Nice building architecture
Great breakfast: wide choice and tasty food options. We really like it!l
Large rooms
Huge bed
Helpfull reception stuff, thank you!
Ok part:
Clean, but not under the bed :P
Negative part:
Pretty far from Hoi An center, but taxi comes in 5min after the call from reception. Green taxi pretty fair. Every time we paid the same amount to old town like $3.5-4 one way.
Nothing todo around.
Pho soup was tasteless in the restaurant upstairs..

Hoi An old city is great! Nothing else to add.......

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Indochine Hotel? Share your experiences!