“Complicated stay” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Ba Trieu Street, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #63 of 96 Hotels in Hoi An
“Complicated stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

During our stay at this hotel we had many complications. They really try to sell their tours every single time you enter the hotel; annoying. Besides this, they sell their amenities and services perfectly but in the end they fooled us with the breakfast costs.They said the breakfast was free of charge the first day, but when we left we had to pay suddenly. We also had to change our rooms in the middle of our stay, which was uncomfortable.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Canton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel because it was quite close to the old city. It has a pool, good breakfast menu to choose from and helpful staff. I booked a dorm room for 9 Dollars with breakfast and ended up in a 3 bedroom. I slept very well due to some comfy beds. It is a 5 minute walk to the old city and restaurants are close by. Overall good hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Tarapoto, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a private room away from the street, which allowed a a good quality sleep.
The staff were friendly and willing to assist with anything I needed.
The breakfast was standard. However, the garden was fantastic. The pool was well maintained.
The location was great! It was only a short walk to the city center and old town.

Room Tip: Get a room with a garden view.
Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved our stay here, just stayed 2 nights but we had pleasant moments and wonderful memories here Great decor, really enjoyed the beautiful arts. Good location, just short walk from old town. Helpful and courteous staff. Included breakfast was really good!
We wlll come back here next time.
Highly recommended

Da Nang, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel because the review were so good on trip advisor and I was not disappointed. I stayed here for 4 nights last week, and love it. The hotel is very pretty and welcoming, with lovely outdoor swimming pool and breakfast area. The room was great with comfortable bed, large bathroom and good shower, garden view. Location is good. Easy 5 minutes walk to the Old Town or bike ride to the An Bang beach
Especially, the staff were the best thing about hotel through. They were very helpful in arranging activities for me and taking care of any other requests i had. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I would not stay anywhere else in Hoi An. Thank you so so much.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Super friendly on arrival, I thought I will have an amazing time! Result : they lost 2 of my bras during laundry. Knowing that I dont have a lot of money and i only had 3 bras, now i only have 1 for the rest of my trip. Not cool. But its only material.. The thing is they didnt do anything to accomodate me. They said : that can happen. HOW? How can we "lost" a bra in the washing machine????? I think they have been stolen but who knows, maybe not.

On arrival, i was with a girl in the dorm room (4 beds), she told me that the maids didnt change the bed sheets after the other people left... So they were dirty... We both asked for clean sheets and we changes our bed ourself.

In the reception please never tell them were you are going... They will harrass you to book bus/train/plane tickets with EVERYTIME they will see you. One of the lady interrupt me when i was taking my breakfast skyping with my family (at 6:30AM!) to ask me if i was checking out because they needed the room (i wasnt checking out, i was staying 1 more night).

2 times in a row, the maids woke us up by knocking on the door between 6:30 and 7:30 AM, to clean the room... Not cool at all!!!

Room Tip: Always ask for clean sheet
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

At first we thought this hostel was great but the second we actually required any level of customer service they completely fell apart. The fan in our room broke and we asked them to fix it. When we came back later that day they hadn't even looked at it and we had to ask again multiple times. We could hear rats scuttling around in the roof above our room. The food was awful - We ordered fresh springrolls and we received soggy, greasy fried spring rolls and one only had about a third covered. We had booked in for 3 nights and on our third day we asked if we could book in another 2 nights. The following day at 6pm they decided that the entire hostel was full and they had no beds at all and they were going to kick us out our room. We later spoke to other guests who said they had spare beds in their rooms. After they decided we couldn't stay another night, all friendliness lerft the staff. We still had one night left at the hostel and then later that day there was a powercut. Now obviously this wasn't their fault, but it was the treatment we received after that was awful. our room lost power at 4pm and it didnt come back on at all. Every other room had their power back on within half an hour. When we spoke to reception, they tried to deny any problem. They didn't even apologise.We went out for dinner as they assured us it would be fixed by 7pm. When we came back at 8, there was still no power. Thats no lights, no fan, and no air con - it was unbearable. We couldn't sleep in there and had to check out. The woman on reception said if there was no power by 9pm they wouldn't charge us for the night. At 9 we went downstairs to checkout (after packing by torchlight) they became very aggressive and wouldn't let us leave. They forced us to pay for a half day, even though they'd already said we could have it for free. They denied any fault in the situation and proceeded to shout at us and became very aggressive. I was so upset at their behaviour. It is the worst treatment we've received in months of travelling.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Long Life Hotel? Share your experiences!