“Good location anf big room” 4 of 5 stars

Long Life Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Ba Trieu Street, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #58 of 79 hotels in Hoi An
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Good location anf big room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nites, and was quite glad with the choice.
Room was clean, big, air-conditioned and with jacuzzi (which didn't work properly). Location is good, near the city center, but aside from the main street: so it is quiet. There is a garden with small swimming pool. Staff if helpful enough.
Finally, I forgot two external HDD-drives in the drawer of the table, when I left the hotel. I reached Hue and called to the manager, he found and sent the stuff with the bus to my new hotel - it is also nice gesture.
So, as my opinion, it is not bad option for the price 20 or 25$ for big air conditioned room with breakfast.
Thanks a lot, dear readers, and be happy.
Your Carl S

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We were sent here for one night - originally booked riverside but our room there not ready. We got triple bed room on top floor. On close inspection it was very dirty. There was a wad of toilet paper stuck to ceiling, sheets were musty and grey, lampshade was stained brown, floors sticky and bathroom not cleaned. Confusingly the light switches were on bedside table. Pool area messy - used towels scattered about, chairs stained and pool not cleaned. Overall this hotel unmaintained and uninviting.

• Stayed February 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights here to explore Hoi An and found this hotel met our needs perfectly. Hoi An is a very tourist oriented city and thus is full of hotels. This one is located on a street full of hotels serving the western tourist. The staff went out of their way to be of service and the hotel is notable for its wonderful lobby, common areas and garden. The lobby was decorated for Tet and this lent a festive atmosphere to the place. The included breakfast included fresh tropical fruit, choice of omelet, or pancakes, banana or pineapple, along with tea, coffee and pastries. These were served in the garden by the pool. The pool was tried by my wife and she found it very refreshing. The water was very clean and clear tho there were the occasional bamboo leaves off the adjacent grove. The beds were not hard tho firm and we slept very well. We will definitely return to this hotel and wonderful city. We found the wi-fi worked well even tho we were on the 3rd floor. Others have noted problems which we did not encounter.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are on the garden side tho they are more expensive. We were on the street side and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I decided to travel to Hoi An, for a holiday to get off work. It was one of the best decisions I've made! Because I stayed at Long Life Hotel and got a chance to see the nearby galleries and also eat some of the best foods at the restaurants nearby! There was also a HUGE beach which just caught my eyes at first because it was close by , I spent quite a lot of my hours at the beach.
Long Life Hotel did a great job to please me, their food and service was excellent! And the hotel staff are very helpful, friendly, and you greeted me with a handshake every morning before my breakfast.
The location of the hotel is excellent and unlike other hotels which I have stayed in previously, the were very clean, and kept the place clean. To be honest, it was a good stay at the hotel and at Hoi An overall.
If I do visit Hoi An again, I will defiantly stay at Long Life Hotel and I'm sure I can trust them to provide the best value for me.
We would highly recommend this hotel without any doubt to anyone on a budget!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived in Hoi An around 7pm and went to the hotel having previously booked and paid for the Deluxe Garden View room. But when we got there, the receptionist told us that they didn't have any record of the bookings. My partner showed her the email and receipt from expedia, and we waited for 20 minutes before she finally showed us to the room. The room was not what we booked for, it was smaller than mentioned and comes with two single beds instead of the advertised king size.

We brought this up to the receptionist, and she only said "Oh, we don't have that room tonight, sorry, tomorrow you move."

We told her that it's not acceptable and that she shouldve told us about it before she checked us in and that we want our money back.
Finally after 10 minutes trying to explain to her about the price difference and such, she said that she will talk to the manager in the morning and get the price difference back for us.

The next day, the manager moved us across the hall. The room size was still the same, the only difference was only the bed size. We decided to just let it go and enjoy the rest of the week in Hoi An.

The breakfast is OK, eggs cooked to order as well as pancakes, various pastries and bread, limited hot food, coffee, tea, etc.

After all the debacle, the rest of the service was acceptable, WIFI is very patchy in rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had booked for six nights but decided to upgrade to a better hotel after two. We thought we were staying long life riverside, but things were lost in translation. My room had no windows to the outside and so it was very dim, but my parents room was very light with a window looking onto the street. The service was absolutely exceptional and the breakfast was very fantastic, but many of the things in the room and outside were getting quite run down and dull. We were satisfied with our stay but wanted a bit more luxury - if you are not fussy this hotel is fantastic and value for money! great location also.

• Stayed January 2013
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We (Wife, two daughters 10/12 and I) booked in here with assistance by the staff from the Orchid Hotel (Hue). We had two Deluxe Garden View rooms with balconies which I would highly recommend. The rooms were spacious, quiet, bright and clean, and most importantly secure for our daughters. You have a nice view out over the rice paddies and the pool area.

The rooms came with a daily basket of fruit which was a bonus and tea and coffee making facilities.

The location was fine, within a couple of minutes walk to restaurants, Kimmy the tailor, ATMs, and a grocery store. The old town was a pleasant 10 minute stroll (though often taking an hour or two due to all the shops required to be passed.).

Breakfast was included and was served out at the pool which was a pleasant setting.

There are desktops in the foyer which can be used by guests, and would recommend this as the wireless internet can be painfully slow at times in the rooms.

We hired pushbikes from the tailor across the road for around $2 per day, and this may seem high to some, but they were brand new.

The staff in the hotel were friendly supplying recommendation on shops and a cooking class and helped us with accomodation in Saigon, and for getting transport to the Danang Airport.

The only criticism is the creek (dried when we were there) and the surrounding area could do with a clean up as it detracts from the general feel, and the rooms could do with a bit of a make over.

In summary the hotel was good value for money, and is safe.
If you are travelling to Saigon from here, would recommend flying (from Danang) as it will save you a lot of time on the train. Jetstar was $50USD and takes an hour.

Room Tip: The Garden rooms with balconies are spacious, bright, airy and quiet with large bathrooms with a spa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Long Life Hotel? Share your experiences!