“Dont go there !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 85 Hotels in Hoi An
Bin Thanh
“Dont go there !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

As I read it before, if you want to be sure to have a room, dont go there.

I booked a room 2 weeks before going. I confirmed my reservation 3 days before going....

They called me 4 times, the day I was supposed to arrive, to ask me if I will come... Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes..........

And once arrived, guess what ? No room.... Too late... And no smile, no sorry... They dont care ! They dont even speak when you try to say that it is not normal....

So, if you like surprises, nasty people (i have read that some had problems with the staff) and people you cant trust....

Really.. The pics are beautiful but... AVOID THIS PLACE.

• 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Estartit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

All open-tour busses and taxis stop here and tourists are immediately trapped! It is at the most frequented traffic junction of the town, therefore it is e3xtremelzy noisy! I would recommend to go about 100 m around the corner, there is a side road with cheaper, quieter and better hotels. The breakfast is very basic, every cup of tea or extra roll will be charged. Dont forget to bargain hard!

• Disliked — noise, bad staff, breakfast, moderately clean
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

I was very happy to walk into my "2 star" room and find a standard that far exceeded anything I had experienced in the west. The service was always provided promptly and with a smile with nothing that was requested being too hard to provide. The staff were friendly as they always are in this country and made me wish we could use them as a model of service excellence in Australia.

I leave this lovely hotel and, city with nothing but happy memories of yet another stage in a fantastic holiday.

Richard Mittra
Perth Western Australia

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

This hotel was a very welcome retreat after another night train. $18 for a beautiful room, with a bath, balcony, swimming pool and breakfast! Friendly staff and a great location! Definately one of the best stays in Vietnam!

• Liked — The building
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel for two nights earlier this month. I would never recommend this hotel to fellow travellers, as the staff tried to steal from us. We also found the staff to be unfriendly and indifferent.
The real problem began the morning we checked out of our two rooms. We were still at the hotel having breakfast and I noticed that a cleaning woman entered the room my daughters had been sharing room, then came out and spoke to two others who also then entered my daughters room. At the time I didn't think anything was out of the ordinary. A while later, my daughter realised she didn't have her money purse with her and must have left it in the room on the bedside table where she'd placed it the day before.
She went up to the room to retrive it, but the cleaning staff barred her way and would not let her enter the room to search. She stood at the door and asked them to look for her, particularly behind/beside the bedside table. They looked and said it was not there. She should have been more insistent and checked herself, but she was intimidated by the 3 cleaning staff. She came back down and did a thorough search of her backpack, just in case she had packed it. When this search turned up nothing we approaced the reception girl and told her that the purse was missing. She rang the room and spoke to the cleaning staff, then after a minute she turned her back to us and started whispering into the phone. When she hung up she said that the purse was not in the room. The manager came to the hotel at this stage and we complained to him about the missing purse. After speaking to the reception girl, had told us that the room had been checked and it was not there. All of us wore money belts for the bulk of our cash, but we all had a money purse to carry money for daily expenses. My daughter had $60 in dong in her purse, not a fortune, but still a fair amount of money for the uni student that she is. This time BOTH my daughters went up to the room again and pushed their way into to room to search themselves. The purse was indeed behind the bedside table in full view of anyone who would have looked. The cleaning staff would not look my daughters in the face and became hostile towards them and started yelling at each other in Vietnamese. When they came back down and told the manager that the purse was there all along, he made no comment or apology to us, just shrugged. I believe he was innocent in this duplicity, but not the reception girl or the three cleaning staff. I don't think they set out to steal from us, but when the opportunity presented itself to them, because of my daughter's carelessness, they definitely intended to hide and keep the purse and it's contents. The whole incident was underhanded and sneaky and left a bad taste in our mouths. So, fellow travellers, be warned about this hotel and the dishonest staff.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

After hearing positive feedback on this hotel we were disappointed with our experience. Though the rooms were clean and great AC and beds, the showers lacked water pressure and rooms were noisy due to layout. Staff would quote one price and charge another for tours. They recommended we take the 5am My Son trip to see the sunrise. The bus did not arrive until 5:20 and the sun rose at 5:30, yet we didn't arrive in My Son until 6:10. The 'english speaking tour' lacked a guide with decent english speaking skills, and we need to look to our LP for a better understanding. Overall decent hotel but we would not recommend.

Stayed May 2008
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

I never got to stay at this hotel. I made a reservation from Hue before I got to Hoi An only to find that despite making a reservation 3 days before getting there they had given my room away to someone who had requested to stay on that morning. Despite all my protestations they would not budge and were totally unprofessional. I walked 10 meters down the road and straight into another hotel.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Thanh Van Hotel? Share your experiences!