Good value for money, this hotel is.
If you do not like huge hotels, do not choose this. The pool is enormous, and very pretty - so it is not so crowded. The childrens pool os probable the prettiest a have ever seen.
Breakfast IS crowded though.
If you expect a 5 star hotel, you probably will be a bit disappointed. This a 4 star hotel, if you ask me. This hotel has changed management, so it will get a well-needed "facelift".
It is placed at app 6 km from the center of Hoi An, which is ok since it is more quiet, has access to the sea - and there is a shuttle to the centre, although taxis are very cheap so the distance is not an issue.
The hotel has very good facilities, several restaurants for example, but these are almost always empty - my guess is that prices are to blame. Food and drinks in Vietnam do come cheap, and the hotel has (in comparison) very high prices.
But the food they serve is very good;)
All in all, a fine hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 212 chalet like buildings housing the hotel rooms and suites and each of the room has a private balcony with garden view or ocean view. The originality of the Resort is 16 Suite rooms "the Hidden Charm of Golden Sand" as said by a guest. In addition, there are 196 Deluxe and Superior rooms. Their decoration is simple but warm and luxurious with Twin or King Bed, the bathroom has both bathtub and shower. 150m is a longest swimming pool in the Central Viet Nam and two swimming pools for Children, two restaurants serving delectable Vietnamese and Continental Cuisine. Tennis, mountain biking, scuba diving, accolade winning Vietnamese cooking classes and a wide range of well organized daily excursion options are available await at this fabulous hotel and a PADI licensed SCUBA diving operation. Kid's club for children as Kite flying, sand painting and mask painting…We open more facilities to satisfy the guest’s relaxation and open tour to discover Hoi An and neighbouring beautiful sites as My Son Sanctuary, the former imperial city of Hue, and the mystical Phong Nha caves in Quang Binh province… it is really a destination with 4 world culture heritages. With more than 11 private room for ladies and gentlemen, the Scentual Spa offers you and your body the vitality and energy to reach your physical peak. You can soak in a Jacuzzi bathtub and let loose as the skilled hands of professional therapist drive your stresses away. You can also get a massage outside while listening to the waves, eyes half closed under the shade of a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Sand Resort & Spa Hoi An reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel Hoi An
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort And Spa