We had a family stay at the Golden Sands for 8 days June/July2013 and had a fabulous time.
The hotel itself is a little dated and to call it a 5 star is a bit generous. Wifi coverage and operation was a bit flakey. The hotel has a reasonable gym and a fabulous pool area with volley ball net that provided much entertainment for many a guest.
Dinner at the hotel is good with reasonable variety but a little pricy by Hoi An standards. We found ourselves dining in Hoi An many a night. Breakfast is reasonably extensive but a bit un-inspiring by day 8.
The rooms themselves were nice and particularly the beds/mattresses were of good quality.
What really made this trip memorable are the staff and I fondly remember and miss them all (trying to teach me Vietnamese). Nothing was too much effort at the reception desk (The Phuongs, Shyn, Lien, Hiep, Ha, Hoa, the tour desk (Van), the "scentuous" spa (Drang, Ha, Lem and Tien), bell boys & security. Could not have asked for more!
Will happily return to the Golden Sands but would scout for a special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 212 chalet like buildings housing the hotel rooms and suites and each of the room has a private balcony with garden view or ocean view. The originality of the Resort is 16 Suite rooms "the Hidden Charm of Golden Sand" as said by a guest. In addition, there are 196 Deluxe and Superior rooms. Their decoration is simple but warm and luxurious with Twin or King Bed, the bathroom has both bathtub and shower. 150m is a longest swimming pool in the Central Viet Nam and two swimming pools for Children, two restaurants serving delectable Vietnamese and Continental Cuisine. Tennis, mountain biking, scuba diving, accolade winning Vietnamese cooking classes and a wide range of well organized daily excursion options are available await at this fabulous hotel and a PADI licensed SCUBA diving operation. Kid's club for children as Kite flying, sand painting and mask painting…We open more facilities to satisfy the guest’s relaxation and open tour to discover Hoi An and neighbouring beautiful sites as My Son Sanctuary, the former imperial city of Hue, and the mystical Phong Nha caves in Quang Binh province… it is really a destination with 4 world culture heritages. With more than 11 private room for ladies and gentlemen, the Scentual Spa offers you and your body the vitality and energy to reach your physical peak. You can soak in a Jacuzzi bathtub and let loose as the skilled hands of professional therapist drive your stresses away. You can also get a massage outside while listening to the waves, eyes half closed under the shade of a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Sand Resort & Spa Hoi An reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel Hoi An
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort And Spa